YMML will be released this coming weekend 8th August!

John Venema

I'm pleased to announce that Orbx YMML Melbourne International will be released sometime this weekend of 8th of August. After 18 months in development from its VOZ FS9 gestation, we are very excited to finally be able to take FSX airports to the next level. Stay tuned for more info, screenshots and videos through this week.

Awesome john can't wait.

I just have one question are the gates going to be animated when you pull up to them, will they come over to your aircraft?

guess i'll have to start using FSX now.

Cheers

Adam

Yes we have full inverse kinetic animations for all gates which move. On Delta and Echo concourses you can even use the NIGS (Nose-in guidance system) to position your aircraft and then press CTRL+J when you see the stop signal to have the gates dock to your aircraft.

Please keep in mind that for AI aircraft, the gates will dock only as accurately as the models have been made to be FSX compliant. We may still need to tweak some parking bays for the AI etc, but we will be doing hotfixes to fine-tune those things post-release.

And at last to have a nose-in indication board, that will revolutionise Flightsimming.  So fast has the development of new augmentations of FS been,  that only one iteration on from FS9 I was irritated that I couldn't park at a gate like the real world.  Not even Qantas pilots are required to go into spot view to ensure their plane is on the marked line - the board tells them.

John and team I look forward, no I'm salivating, at a chance to try Melbourne.

Nice!  Just one thing...the screenshots show Qantas livery on the AI (no holes or leaking spoiler fluid admittedly but still).  Just wondering if this is somehow included in the airport pack, or is that a result of your beta AI Pack?  A real airport with 'World Travel' airlines will be a small blow, but easily forgotten given the supreme detail.  :)

My dad used to fly the Australian Air Express RJs (as well as the 146s before those) into Melbourne regularly at night from Hobart, and we can't wait to relive the experience!  I doubt the FSX ATC will be as accommodating though - they were told to fly those things as fast and hard as possible - time is money  ;)

Nice!  Just one thing...the screenshots show Qantas livery on the AI (no holes or leaking spoiler fluid admittedly but still).  Just wondering if this is somehow included in the airport pack, or is that a result of your beta AI Pack?  A real airport with 'World Travel' airlines will be a small blow, but easily forgotten given the supreme detail.  :)

My dad used to fly the Australian Air Express RJs (as well as the 146s before those) into Melbourne regularly at night from Hobart, and we can't wait to relive the experience!  I doubt the FSX ATC will be as accommodating though - they were told to fly those things as fast and hard as possible - time is money  ;)

We'll release the FTX AI pack almost the same day as YMML. Just needs to be wrapped up in an installer and we're all set. So you *will* see all those lovely liveries and real schedules too :)

Damn,

Decisions, decisions so much out that I want. What to choose ???

YMML**Looking v.v.v good!!!

ORBX Green/Red

New A2A Boeing

Epic LT

NewJoystick

Track IR

AAARRGGHH !!!!!

budgets, who needs them   :-\

Need to find cheaper hobby ;)

Cheers

Warwick

This is a tough thing to do but I feel I must!

I volunteer to be the first person to accept a multiple donation of YMML, Kai Tak and the B377. In return I promise to tell everyone on thie net how nice of a person you are. I PROMISE!   ;D

My birthday is on the 7th also. ( November )

Looks like there could be a rush to be the first to land at YMML.

Will we need to book a landing slot, or will Adrian's servers be able to cope?  ;)

Maybe there could be a realtime ATC seesion coordinated with VATPAC to celebrate the opening of the new airport. But I get the feeling most of the VAs are still stuck on FS9, and I gather this scenery only works with FSX. Is that correct?

Greg

I gather this scenery only works with FSX. Is that correct?

that is correct Greg and fsx+sp2 or Acceleration is strongly recommended

Looks like there could be a rush to be the first to land at YMML.

Not to be an ass, but I have already landed there a couple of times ;) But I guess that doesn't count :D

and go figure he was the last of the beta testers because he was on hoilidays ;D;)

So are my observations correct that most of the VA guys don't use FSX? Since they fly IFR and perhaps mostly heads down they probably wouldn't appreciate the FTX scenery anyway, but the airport would seem to be of more interest, and there could be a good market there.

I gather the reason they haven't moved to FSX is because everyone is waiting for Squawkbox 4, and FS9 works well enough if you don't care about good scenery. FSInn beta, which does work with FSX, seems to have gotten a bad reputation. I've been using it with Vatsim though and while it does have the occasional voice glitch it works well enough.

Greg

I gather the reason they haven't moved to FSX is because everyone is waiting for Squawkbox 4, and FS9 works well enough if you don't care about good scenery.

Greg

FS9 has brilliant scenery called VOZ ;)

Well put Mal ;D

Archived