Carenado Mooney 20JX HD VC has been released!

John Venema

Orbx and White Digital are proud to release Russell White's High Definition Virtual Cockit (HDVC) for Carenado's Mooney 20JX. This is the first time ever that Carenado have endorsed and supported a 3rd party repaint to be published. Many thanks to Fernando at Carenado for allowing Orbx to publish this remarkable work, and Jay Kae for working on the T&C's to make it happen.

Posted Image

Russell adds; "I am pleased to announce the release of the High Definition Virtual Cockpit for Carenado's Mooney M20J for FSX. As so many of you have shown an interest in this project for many weeks now, it is with great pleasue that i invite you all to download this freeware modification.

I would like to thank JayKae, John Venema, "Squeeker" and Carenado for your contributions to this project, without each of your individual inputs, this project would have been a non starter.

I would be very interested to hear all your feedback and see posts of your best screen shots of it in action, as this represents my first footstep on the path of FSX graphic design. I feel humbled to be able to contribute to such a fantastic online community

Many thanks,

Russ."

Grab it from the FTX Freeware download page here: http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Don't have the Carenado Mooney 20J for FSX?

Purchase your copy from here: http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=35&products_id=601

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm staring at it now while flying over new zealand, the detail is incredible - I love being able to read off the checklist.

You've done a wonderful thing for a plane I was already very fond of, thank you :).

Thanks mate.. just D/L it.. have not opened it yet.. Teecee.

Edit.. Magic.. love it.. Looks like I don't need the 2D panel for the first time ever.. only thing is that green in the windows..I saw a cure for that somewhere.. anyone know where that was?? Teecee.

Wonderful stuff Russ, thank you so much - I've been waiting to try this since getting the Mooney. Thanks also to all of the team - and not forgetting Carenado - who made it all possible.

Wow, amazing job! and FPS is as good as original.  :o  Now can you do the blue and brown ones.  I sure hope Carenado is looking at this, they need to post on their site, and let everyone see this.  Loss of words to say what a great job you did, thanks again!!!

Some of the pics I just took:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Russ and all that ar involved in this ..... exellent "masterpeace" !  :)

Congrats ... fantastick ... splendit !!!

This is my second ever "payware" aircraft (I have the DC3 MAAM) for FS ... !!!  :D

Thank you so mush !!!

best regards

Janber

Ok, this is bad, after flying around in this mod for the last hour or so, I dont even want to fly in another plane now.  With Trackir and looking at the interior I almost crashed a couple times.  Amazing, stuff.  Iam going to have to get out the thesaurus just to come up with new words to describe this.  For anyone that was on the fence about buying this plane, just do it now! its that good. 

Ok, back to flying.  ;D

I rarely fly fixed wings, but support of the excellent work of anyone willing to give it a go is worth it, I am off to FSS to buy this plane and install the VC, Congrats for a job well done Russ and everyone else involved in production and distribution of this great addition.

Had the wrong windows, corrected that and wanted to post with it corrected, much better now with that great "worn/weathered" look.  Also wanted to include a detail of the interior and great detail.  Thanks again to all involved, glad you guys got this approved.

These pic's do not even do it justice, and with the Trackir going!  :o

1. Corrected windows, worn look

Posted Image

2. Detail of engine control view, again, love the worn look!

Posted Image

Have to say, Carenado will be getting a nice tidy sum when the next FSS pay run happens on the 1st. Sales of the MJ20X started increasing nicely with the news that this was going to be released and the last 24 hours would have to be some of the biggest for Carenado since they came online at FSS. Great work Russ, looking forward to seeing a few more of these magic fitouts in the future.

Hi gwolb - good screenies!  I've just noticed I have the wrong windows too - mine are clear, courtesy of an earlier "fix" to get rid of the tinted ones. I didn't notice before as I've been really enjoying the flights - Russ's cockpit sure has transformed the aircraft. ;D How did you fix yours up? I guess there might be a few others out there who have the same issue...? Thanks, Malcolm.

Just popped up for a qucik fly around, it's nice to be able to fly it properly without having to look for alignment issues etc!

Anyway, snapped a few shots as i flew, thought they would go down well here  ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have to say, FEX and FTX looking prize winning in these shots!

Cheers,

Russ.

Let me add my congratulations and thanks,  it is really great and improves the already very good original significantly.

Also beautifully built as it does no harm to frame rates at all.

Carenado would be wise to buy your panel and put it into all of their aircraft.  For me it is the only variant I will fly now.

Hi gwolb - good screenies!  I've just noticed I have the wrong windows too - mine are clear, courtesy of an earlier "fix" to get rid of the tinted ones. I didn't notice before as I've been really enjoying the flights - Russ's cockpit sure has transformed the aircraft. ;D How did you fix yours up? I guess there might be a few others out there who have the same issue...? Thanks, Malcolm.

I deleted some old DDS window files that were in the texture folder and then correct windows showed up correctly. Hope this helps.

Just bought the Mooney at FlightSim Store myself. I'm not normally one who flies in the VC, but I could not resist this one. You've done a great job, Russ  :) Look forward to exploring Freeware 1.2 in her tonight  :)

Cheers

Jack

Hello Team,

I flew the Mooney until 3 am and actually fell asleep at the desk. Russ and John, you are not very popular with my family right now (you see they know that I am not responsible for my addictive behaviour).  ;)

I have two questions I hope someone takes the time to answer.

Question #1

gwolb and mmglads - Where can I get the mod for the clear windshield instead of the dirty or tinted version? I greatly prefer a clean look out.

Question #2

Is this bird pressurized or have oxygen? What is the top flight level for an aircraft without either before there is serious risk of oxygen starvation?

I went looking for all this info in the included downloaded documents, as well as outside sources without avail. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Spirit Flyer

From the Great White North

I got the windows without the blue tint and it was from Private Cowboy, there is a post for this, but since Iam at work, not able to look in detail right now.  I have all three on my home computer, the orginal, blue tint removed, and the new dirty, weathered look.

I personally like the moded one Russ did with the logo, exit sticker, and weathered look.  But personal taste.  Do a search for "window tint"  and Iam sure you will find some info on this. 

Hey Spirit Flyer thanks for posting!

As far as the windows go, if you want to completely remove all window effects for a crystal clear outside view then the best way would be to edit the alpha channel embedded in the WindowsInt.bmp file to be completely black, however this can be difficult if you are not familiar with graphics work. Otherwise you can try deleting this file as "squeeker" suggested in another post, but i would reccommend caution with this action as depending on your hardware setup you may get completely black or white opaque windows! your choice :-\

As for the cabin pressure question i am no expert and i am not a pilot. But considering there is a freely openable window port on the pilot's side, and the door is a simple hinge and lever design i would say definately no cabin pressurisation! which would mean you would'nt want to spend too much time above 10,000 feet! however there are lots of people on this forum far more qualified than me to talk on this matter.

Cheers,

Russ.

Looks fantastic Russ - many thanks for all the work.

I also fly the FS9 version of the Carenado Mooney and still use parts of VOZ so I just had to try it out there too! A little resizing of the files and it works perfectly - is 1024 the max resolution that FS9 can handle? Even though the benefit of the hi-res is lost the quality of the graphics still makes this a worthwhile change, particularly the new windows!

Perhaps Carenado would allow an FS9 version of this as well (might be a few extra sales from those still using FS9  ;)). If not it's easy enough to do with the right tools.

Congrats!

Hey robmw,

Glad to hear you got it working for your FS9 installation ;D But i have never owned FS9 so i would'nt know about it's texture limitations, and hence it is completely untested in that sim!

I'm glad you like the windows, it took a long time to create the dirty effects. I much prefer that look when compared to the perfectly clear and reflective glass you get as standard in most FS aircraft.

Cheers,

Russ.

Archived