Tour of YSCB with commentary

John Dow

Hi All

To honour Hugh Johnston's outstanding release of Canberra Airport I've recorded a scenic flight around the airfield with commentary pointing out some of the features portrayed in this outstandingly realistic rendition of the airport.

Enjoy!

John:  brilliant.  I think the Aero Club used to be in the older style building sitting on its own in the GA area, is that correct??

I drank too much there and it may have shifted in my memory!

Hi Ian

All those buildings have now been consigned to the dustbin oh history!  The aero club and the old pilot's shop etc would have been underneath about where I talk about Terry Snow's building towards the end of the video.

The airport these days, although efficient and a money-maker for the investors, is not a place I like to visit in real life, it's too impersonal for someone who has strong memories of the old one!

I move from Canberra in 97 after living there for 14 years, I would often ride my bike to YSCB and have a look around. I am happy you explained the new YSCB in your Video because it is totally different to what I remember although one thing remains is the hedge leading to the old Airbase. great job

Fantastic video. As a long-time resident of Canberra and frequent user of the airport, I can't believe how realistic this is. Just have to get through Christmas with some savings intact to build me a new PC to try this out.

I really enjoyed the commentary, and even learned a few new things!

Archived