Cairns Intl - New Domestic Terminal Unveiled!

To coincide this week with the official opening of the new Cairns Airport domestic terminal, ORBX is proud to unveil the first screenshots of our depiction in FSX. Listening to customer feedback, we decided to branch forward and model the terminal in it's completed state, rather than the "snapshot" style of scenery development otherwise used throughout the project. You will still find the odd hallmark from pre-construction days - purely for aesthetic value, of course! - but all in all a very careful approach has been taken to ensure that we have captured the lines of the new building as realistically as possible. For the absolute purists out there, these "chronological anomalies" (such as the DC3-on-a-stick, pictured below) will be easily disabled through the standard ORBX control panel.

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As part of the updates to the recently released FTX AU Traffic 3.01, Graham Eccleston included a plethora of new traffic, both airline and GA, to service the airport. Local operators such as Skytrans and Hinterland, alongside new players West Wing Aviation, have been significantly upgraded to populate the skies around Far North Queensland.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, a quick glimpse at the international terminal; more shots from this end of the airport will be showcased over the upcoming weeks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

what can one say but FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

all I need is the new YMML, YBCS and YBCG then I can really enjoy the east coast flights hehe :) I will get the PNW ones after I got all this so I just can't wait JV drool drool. Just tell me how many years is this gonna take......my fingers are twitching now and ATM (at the moment) my heart is doing flippy flops like I was in love for the first time :)

oh yeah my wife is here at long last yippie!!!!!

now if work was better so I can save the money :(

Fantastic piece of work chaps, I used to fly around this area in FTX and it was so scenic but it needed an airport upgrade now when this one is released i dare say i will spend a lot of time around here again its the icing on the cake so to speak.

cheers

Iain

I'm really hangin' out for this one - it cannot come soon enough. I do a lot of flying in the region, and this will surely ice the cake.

Great modelling Jarrad - it looks superb.  Bring it on orbx.

Cheers

WOW! Does this airport have the new "FPS Tech" that YMML V2 does? Cairns looks awaful detailed so any comments about perfomance would be greatly appreicated! Thanks guys.

Yes this airport will be using TextureFlow as per YMML. Again, the key slider for this airport will be your autogen density, since we've included the entire city of Cairns, including downtown and sububrbs, all modeled by Jarrad hand annotated by Tim.

YBCS will be released before Christmas.

WOW! Does this airport have the new "FPS Tech" that YMML V2 does? Cairns looks awaful detailed so any comments about perfomance would be greatly appreicated! Thanks guys.

Yes this airport will be using TextureFlow as per YMML. Again, the key slider for this airport will be your autogen density, since we've included the entire city of Cairns, including downtown and sububrbs, all modeled by Jarrad hand annotated by Tim.

YBCS will be released before Christmas.

So your saying it has kind of a City Scape to it? If so is there anyway we can turn that off for instance if we require more power for the PMDG stuff, thanks John

G'day Jordan,

So your saying it has kind of a City Scape to it? If so is there anyway we can turn that off for instance if we require more power for the PMDG stuff, thanks John

The "cityscape" component of the scenery is quite comprehensive (have a look here for some preview shots: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23156.0); I'm conscious that many users who fly the heavies may want to substitute some of the city detail. As John said, the key here is the autogen slider, though we'll be definitely looking at some more control panel options closer to release.

Cheers

G'day Jordan,

The "cityscape" component of the scenery is quite comprehensive (have a look here for some preview shots: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23156.0); I'm conscious that many users who fly the heavies may want to substitute some of the city detail. As John said, the key here is the autogen slider, though we'll be definitely looking at some more control panel options closer to release.

Cheers

Pics look amazing! I would love to see all this in the Light planes, but maybe you guys can make is so that we can have just the airport and the "default FTX" show, that way when people start fly the NGX (Qantas/Virign) they will be able to get somemore frames out of her. Just my thoughts, I know a lot of people will be using that NGX in Australia and everything helps, thanks again.

Wow it looks amazing, is it your bump textures or improved ground textures on the last of your ramp shots? It looks razor sharp!

Colors and atmosphere is top notch!

I really hope you guys would consider doing Sydney! It's badly needed!

I am damn excited about this one!  As Archie said, having your home airport is something really special.  Now for a high res Innisfail (Mundoo) strip and Mena Creek area featuring Paronella Park, the pub and the school.  Not much there so it wouldn't be THAT hard to do, would it? ::)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Archived