State Trooper on radar speed control.

State Trooper on speed patrol saw a car driving at 22 mph. He thought, well the speed limit is forty mph. and this slow driver is just as dangerous as speeding over the limit and pulls the car over. As he looked into the car he saw five elderly ladies and the driver said to the Trooper: "Why did you pull me over I am driving the exact speed limit 22 mph, what's the problem?" The Trooper thought for a minute and then smiled and said: " Madam 22 is the highway sign but the speed limit is forty mph.". The lady driver was somewhat embarrassed and said: "Oh dear". The Trooper looked closer into the car and saw that the four passengers had a horrified look on their faces and asked the driver: "Are your friends OK?" The driver replied: "They'll get over it soon, we just left Interstate 119". LOL. Cheers have a great weekend.  

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

As a German I have to ask: Where is the joke here 😎?

The speed-limit signs are in miles-per-hour numbers. The highway identification signs are also in numbers. The lady was mistaking highway signs for speed-limit signs. Now, Gerold, would you like to hear about my experience in Germany, as a person not used to the metric system, trying to match my speed in MPH to KPH speed signs? 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Now, Gerold, would you like to hear about my experience in Germany, as a person not used to the metric system, trying to match my speed in MPH to KPH speed signs?

No worries Rodger, you just have to multiply the number by 1.6. Which means 119 mph still is something under 200 kph. No rarity here, that´s why I meant I won´t understand...

Years ago I read the test of a Jaguar XK in a car magazine. The test driver took his mother on the German Autobahn and accelerated a bit, until she said "oh, it appears so fast but we are just driving slightly above 100". In the report he wrote that he never told her is was a milage scale on the instrument.

• Upvote 1