FreedomFox / Fox2 gets HUGE update. Analog + Competition Variants

It's coming to Orbx soon. I just want to state that //42 already attempted to supply us with the update last week, but with the current status of our store and the changes in the update, there are a few things that need to be addressed on the technical side of Orbx Central before we can roll that out.

Apologies for the delay, we understand this update is pressing and we are working hard to get it to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding!

• Like 7

On 6/8/2024 at 10:41 PM, Sante Sottile said:

Apologies for the delay, we understand this update is pressing and we are working hard to get it to you as soon as possible.

Appreciate the update. Kept checking Orbx Central and while y'all aren't usually first with the updates, it doesn't usually take that long! Glad I finally thought to check the forum.

Hope the tech challenges get sorted soon. Really been looking forward to this.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2024 at 6:41 AM, Sante Sottile said:

It's coming to Orbx soon. I just want to state that //42 already attempted to supply us with the update last week, but with the current status of our store and the changes in the update, there are a few things that need to be addressed on the technical side of Orbx Central before we can roll that out.

Thanks for your understanding!

@Sante Sottile Can you define soon? It appears that in the flight sim world soon can be many months (PMDG).

Also, can you expand on:

"but with the current status of our store and the changes in the update, there are a few things that need to be addressed on the technical side of Orbx Central before we can roll that out."

This may affect my purchases from Orbx in the future.

Could Orbx issue a zipped update to customers and then let Central catch up later?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jandrace said:

@Sante Sottile Can you define soon? It appears that in the flight sim world soon can be many months (PMDG).

Also, can you expand on:

"but with the current status of our store and the changes in the update, there are a few things that need to be addressed on the technical side of Orbx Central before we can roll that out."

This may affect my purchases from Orbx in the future.

Could Orbx issue a zipped update to customers and then let Central catch up later?

The only thing I can define now is that the tech team has made the changes and is currently in testing. It shouldn't be much longer, but that's all I have as far as information goes, unfortunately. I'm not on the technical side of things, I'm just relaying the information across as best as I can. 

Thanks for your understanding.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Souwester,

How do you do the licence transfer?

I am beginning to get quite irritated with this delay.

Brian

Edited by pilot100

@Sante Sottile Are we getting  closer to soon. You mention above that the Central updates are complete and your tech team are testing. Could you ask your tech team to reply to this thread and explain what the problem is and the time to resolution? I note the FreedomFox/Fox2 are still at v1.0.0 on Orbx. It appears you have missed quite a few //42 updates for this product, 4 or 5 I believe.

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience with us getting the newest update to the Freedom Fox ready. To give some context, we had no way of removing the Mod Manager from the previous build automatically. If we were to go ahead and push the update, then it would cause issues for everyone. In the meantime, we've found a workaround for those who want to obtain the new update:

All previous customers of the Freedom Fox Complete Package can now navigate to the new product page here: https://orbxdirect.com/product/p42-freedomfox-complete or within Orbx Central. The old product must be uninstalled before you install the new one. This is to ensure no remnants of the old product is present. We even added a safeguard, so it won't let you install the new version if you have the old one still present on your system.

In addition to the new update, owners of the Freedom Fox Complete Package New also get complimentary scenery from our partners at //42. Simply navigate to the product page via Orbx Central. It will be free of charge.

Below is a list of products included with the Freedom Fox Complete Pack New:

• Desert Oasis (Freedom Fox Complete Exclusive)
  • 42BC Bush Plane Campout 
  • 42MX Mexican Mountain 
  • 42MW Mount Patterson Camps

If any of you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks again for sticking with us while we sorted this issue, we shouldn't have any situations like this in the future. 

Happy Flying!

• Like 3

Thanks for the update. 

Now I understand why the delay. I see it the mod manager is gone now, so no longer a feature. Basically this is not so much an update as a replacement of the old product (at no charge). 

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Good that the update is finally available to Orbx customers. However, it hasn't proved a simple update for me - I uninstalled the original version via the mod manager, but the new version immediately hits an ERROR: "This product cannot be installed as there are incompatible products installed. They will need to be uninstalled before the installation can proceed."

What "incompatible products" are incompatible and where should I find them? I've checked the obvious ones from the mod manager, including the scenery and campout, but I still get the error.

• Like 1

i guess, you shouldn't see the mod manager. in my case, when i depress uninstall button, manager opened itself and ask mi confirmation for uninstall, i confirm it, and i guess this gone, and then without problems click to new addon and click the install button. that's it.

• Like 1

Yes, the mod manager popped up during the uninstall, but I guess something has been missed. I'll just have to hunt for other Parallel42 files that might be causing the conflict with the new installer.

• Like 1

everything good, just my fingers faster than my brain. so i typed that. the manager after kill itself, left many things in the community, so i found all of them remove all of them, open Orbx central and verify files. and now all right. guys who can not install after manager uninstall it, just have updated installer in Orbx that checks more carefully, so, just be sure no older stuff left, in my case it was c:\program files\paralel42\ many links there, and symb links in the community. probably before uninstall need to open manager and uninstall everything inside, and i guess, probably only tds patch was the problem, as it's not compatible so far with new g3x... so before do same radical stuff can just uninstall tds patch for fox2(!not tds itself!)

• Like 1

I think the idea is to remove the old Freedom Fox using the Orbx app not the mod manager. If you do that you should have no issues.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pilot100 said:

I think the idea is to remove the old Freedom Fox using the Orbx app not the mod manager. If you do that you should have no issues.

I did that last night, and it appears to working as intended, a new set of variants appears in the aircraft selection screen with no sign of the old content. 

• Like 1

BTW if anyone is looking for the facilities offered by the mod manager ie clear windscreen, logo change, baggage colour, and prop for VR they are still available via  separate apps on the //42 website.

Brian

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

There is one additional step that we didn't acknowledge, which is to ensure no other mods are still installed. Before uninstalling the old package, run the mod manager and remove\uninstall any mods. That way all folders are removed.

If you've already uninstalled it, you can manually delete them from the following directory: [your install location]\Parallel 42\FreedomFox\mods

Thanks for sticking through this with us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sante Sottile said:

There is one additional step that we didn't acknowledge,

Hello, Is there possibly one more step? How to get the four additional sceneries? The additions of the //42 website is not offered to buyers from other vendors? Thanks for reply in advance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cpschulz said:

Hello, Is there possibly one more step? How to get the four additional sceneries? The additions of the //42 website is not offered to buyers from other vendors? Thanks for reply in advance.

Just go to each of the product pages and download. You should get them for free of charge, as long as you already have the new Freedom Fox Complete Pack.

• Desert Oasis (Freedom Fox Complete Exclusive)
  • 42BC Bush Plane Campout 
  • 42MX Mexican Mountain 
  • 42MW Mount Patterson Camps
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sante Sottile said:

If you've already uninstalled it, you can manually delete them from the following directory: [your install location]\Parallel 42\FreedomFox\mods

Done, but how do we get the mods back now (if at all possible)?

• Like 1

Usually pretty good at this stuff.  But after reading all here and then installing the new Fox this is all I see for a cockpit.

I never had any Mods for this aircraft.  This is the KitFox.  The Freedom Fox looks the same.  From an outside view you can see the cockpit layout but not when you are behind the controls.

image.thumb.png.a591909471575de809b365c5f85f2fce.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Usually pretty good at this stuff.  But after reading all here and then installing the new Fox this is all I see for a cockpit.

I never had any Mods for this aircraft.  This is the KitFox.  The Freedom Fox looks the same.  From an outside view you can see the cockpit layout but not when you are behind the controls.

image.thumb.png.a591909471575de809b365c5f85f2fce.png

Seems your viewpoint is right at the panel.  You got view bindings set so you can move back a coupler of feet?

This is what loads for me.

Image1.thumb.jpg.8b9f4b51110232947bbfcc0075f731ff.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

Seems your viewpoint is right at the panel.  You got view bindings set so you can move back a coupler of feet?

This is what loads for me.

Image1.thumb.jpg.8b9f4b51110232947bbfcc0075f731ff.jpg

I don't have any viewpoint issues with any other aircraft in the sim.  I'll go look on //42 Discord see if there's anyone else with this issue.

EDIT

You were right John!   For some reason the viewpoint by default on this aircraft was in Landing Mode.  I changed some settings, saved and now it looks like your shot.  Thanks,  go figure.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1