Growing Up In The 50s

adambar

On 9/22/2023 at 12:09 AM, Rob Abernathy said:

The stroll to Louie Louie was my favorite.  Best to not get too sweaty, don't want to ruin it for the slow dances.  btw, I remember in the late 50's early 60's having more slow songs than fast ones. Or do I just have more fond memories of the slow ones?  :P

Getting sweaty wasn't a good look. :D  There were more slow songs which was a good thing. :D

Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners hailed from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania my hometown. The lead singer was Jimmy Beaumont. He died on 7 October 2017 in McKeesport, Pennsylvania, a few miles from me. For another great selection by the Skyliners try "This I Swear".

There #1 hit song from 1859, you probably danced to this one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

That's exactly the type of music we all loved!

Indeed Rob and the last dance of the night was always The Five Satins - In The Still Of The Night from 1956.

How can you forget these classics.

I hope to all you old guys these bring back a lot of good memories and to the young ones, you don't know what you missed not growing up in the 50s.:)

• Like 3

Graduation night 1960. The love of my life had moved on but I held her one last time for one last dance. After that dance I told her I loved her and kissed her on the cheek. I never saw her again. But the music lives on:

• Like 1