Top Gun Maverick....

W2DR

not sure but I loved the first one and I've watched that so many times, for me it just kind of carried on from there....I have also (being ex infantry) managed to get beyond the point of sitting there and shouting at the screen when you see someone in a film use a browning 9mm and hit someone at about 1km away, things like that used to really annoy me....

I'm gonna say maybe Top Gun is like as we say in the UK like Marmite - you either love it or hate it, and I hate it without even tasting it...😁

• Like 2

Loved the first one. The first half of the second one (Maverick) made me wonder why I was in the cinema. But the second half was much better! 

I would recommend seeing the original Top Gun first. 

I just like them! Good fun if you don't get too serious or realistic! 😄

• Like 2

For me, Top Gun Maverick was just like Top Gun.  (Seriously, make a list of plot points or scenes and compare how many are repeated!)

If you liked the first one, I would think you would enjoy the second.

If you didn't like Top Gun, you shouldn't be surprised if you don't like Maverick.

If you never saw Top Gun, the Maverick trailers are pretty clear on what you are going to see.

As for getting half way through the movie and giving up, I don't get it. (Unless you hated the original.)

At what point is the movie not just like the original or the trailers?

There is a lot of very "Top Gun" flying action in the latter part of the movie.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1