NO! - you are not deaf.

In conjunction with our aging - some of us - when watching TV - especially streaming - think that we are going deaf

In my case  - I need hearing aids - and they are the type that the volume can be adjusted - but my wife does not have

any and refuses to go and get some - even when they are free to OAPs.

Consequently - because of the poor quality of sound in what we are watching - and the TV -  and trying to listen to dialogue-- I

bought her some blue tooth headphones and I use my hearing aids

However - we then come up to the modern movies where most of the sounds are mumbled and loud music overlaid soundtrack

maybe this is the answer ---- 

• Like 2

Well I feel it comes down to the TV stations.

As I'm not bad of hearing it seems when an Add comes on, the

volume seems to increase which means the volume button on 

the remote gets a bit of a workout. Very annoying.

However being blind in one eye and can't see out of the other

is a different topic again.B)

cheers

Gumby

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

In conjunction with our aging - some of us - when watching TV - especially streaming - think that we are going deaf

In my case  - I need hearing aids - and they are the type that the volume can be adjusted - but my wife does not have

any and refuses to go and get some - even when they are free to OAPs.

Consequently - because of the poor quality of sound in what we are watching - and the TV -  and trying to listen to dialogue-- I

bought her some blue tooth headphones and I use my hearing aids

However - we then come up to the modern movies where most of the sounds are mumbled and loud music overlaid soundtrack

maybe this is the answer ---- 

Very, very interesting video. Thanks so much for sharing John. Now I know, I am not alone.

I need a hearing aid in ny left ear and I am like the guy in this video, constantly moving the seen back and forth and/or using subtitles (of course only when watching alone:D).

Here, where I live there is also the problem, that many films are only available overdubbed with German language. So in cheaper or TV productions in order to fit the spoken German word to the movement of mouth and lips of another language, the actor who is doing the overdubbing very often has to speak in an unatural way, e.g. speeding up for one or two words or even leaving out whole syllables. Which makes it even harder to understand.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2023 at 6:06 AM, John Heaton said:

This, I hardly can follow those new and modern movies.

Aaaaand wow! What a great video!

• Like 2