(Mr) Rodgers Neighborhood

Currently flying from the West Coast to Oshkosh for SimVenture 2022. This time I'm taking the northern route. Just flew from Boardman (KHQM) to Tacoma Narrows (KTIW) to Cle Elum (S93), and finally to Rodger's home field, Felt Field (KSFF) in Spokane, WA.  These are all such beautiful Orbx airports, and the Washington True Earth is so beautiful too.  This is the first time in this area since upgrading from FSX to P3D 5.  Will continue on to Glacier and Bozeman on my way east.

Looking forward to the demanding "Fisk Arrival" at Oshkosh with PilotEdge's annual SimVenture.

Ken

Edited by Ken Q
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Currently flying from the West Coast to Oshkosh for SimVenture 2022. This time I'm taking the northern route. Just flew from Boardman (KHQM) to Tacoma Narrows (KTIW) to Cle Elum (S93), and finally to Rodger's home field, Felt Field (KSFF) in Spokane, WA.  These are all such beautiful Orbx airports, and the Washington True Earth is so beautiful too.  This is the first time in this area since upgrading from FSX to P3D 5.  Will continue on to Glacier and Bozeman on my way east.

Looking forward to the demanding "Fisk Arrival" at Oshkosh with PilotEdge's annual SimVenture.

Ken

Ken, beautiful route. In the sim, Orbx has done it justice, and in reality nature has. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ken Q said:

Ken

Back on memory lane. This was the first region where I encountered Orbx, and I was just blown away. What a pleasure.

To be repeated... :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kodiak73 said:

Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll be following your adventure across the U.S.

17 hours ago, wain71 said:

sounds like a great set of flights to be doing in a very nice part of the world...

Now at Glacier Park Int. (KGPI) in Montana.  I recently bought this airport during a recent Orbx sale, and this is the first time I've seen it.

I'm headed to Oshkosh, Wisconsin for the PilotEdge "dress rehearsal" for the real world EAA air venture fly in which handles some 10,000 planes over a few days.  This is the third year that this SIM event has been run, and it is a great experience, even (or especially) if you are never likely to do it in real life.  See PilotEdge.net for details.  For non PilotEdge members they offer a free trial which is enough to participate in this program.  I'd love to have some Orbx buddies along for this.

BTW, I'm a great believer in flying from place to place, and very, very rarely use the  "Change Location" function in my SIM.  I've flown coast to coast several times.

Ken

• Like 3

sounds like great fun, in my head I really want to do some long flight broken down into lots of different legs, however I feel I don't have the discipline to see it through.... maybe I'll eventually sit down and plan something, after all I have lots of scenery/airports across 3 sims I feel I should really get to look at them all in detail.....I hope you have a great time, looking forward to Oshkosk mainly as rumours are rife regarding XP12 and it's release coinciding with this, we shall see... 

• Like 1