Previewing KBUR Hollywood Burbank Airport v2 for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

yeah I'm not seeing the new version either.  reinstalled it is still version 1.1

Update: Figured it out, there are 2 KBUR in the pick list. Uninstall the Version 1.1 first, then Select KBUR V2 and install it. 

Edited by FireRx
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, FireRx said:

yeah I'm not seeing the new version either.  reinstalled it is still version 1.1

Update: Figured it out, there are 2 KBUR in the pick list. Uninstall the Version 1.1 first, then Select KBUR V2 and install it. 

What do you mean by the 'pick list?

I am not seeing V2 anywhere, even after uninstalling v1.01

TTM

7 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

You have to go get it from the store first.

So you don't mean the 'My Products ' Listing down the left side of OrbxCentral?

I'll try what you suggest.

Thanks

[ok, it is a Zero Cost Purchase ilo an Update.

I treated it as the latter.

D/L now.]

TTM

Edited by TigerTigerM

Just now, paulk said:

Firstly, the free update is appreciated so thanks to Orbx for that.

Sadly on my machine it’s now a slide show so I’ve had to go back to V1.

Might be worth deleting the Content.xml and the Scenery Indexes and any cache you have, because V2 should be a better performer than V1.  However, I had to reduce my LODs to 240 and 120 to avoid a slideshow in VR, and depending on your setup you might also have to reduce those sliders while in the KBUR/LAX basin.

Hi John I always do the above anyway and did in this case. As you say LAX basin to a big piece of scenery, I will try a small LOD reduction. Just to confirm V2 should be on better than V1 you are saying?

5 hours ago, paulk said:

Hi John

I also have Van Nuys Airport add on from Orbx installed. I have uninstalled that (as it always seemed bad on performance). It has helped make KBUR V2 and LA Basin area flyable again. 

I'm running both at around half available LOD sliders, performance is good, and unless I fixate on the distant views, I don't notice any real difference in the sim immersion 

Hi John

I kept playing with this, incase others were having similar issues. Kept LOD settings at 250/150.

Checked my Community Folder and found an old FlightSim.to add on for Los Angeles area. Only about 1.5GB but had over 10000 items in it. Deleted it, installed KBUR 2 and Van Nuys Airport again and all now seems good.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

• Ed Correia unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's see...

I did my first flight, after downloading the free Version 2 of KBUR.

GA from KCRQ to KBUR, flew over the LAX VOR did the ILS 8 Y.  Broken 2,000, overcast tops 7,000.  The marine layer seldom gets that high.

Break out was like WOW!

Southwest, and Jet Blue, Avelo... are where they are suppose to be.  Even JSX was at their hanger.

Minimal frame drops, and I have Van Nuys also loaded.

Taxi instructions actually directed me to what I had selected in the flight planner, and the ground crew there to wand me to my spot.

Thumbs up folks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Orbx locked this topic