Shane Warne

Sorry I know this is possibly not the place to post this but I have just saw that he has died aged 52, I am in total shock...even though I am an Englishman I always thought he was a exceptional talent and a legend....RIP Shane...

• Sad 3

He was the scourge of my team (England) but what a wizard.  Toward the end of his career I remember watching him play a game miked up.  He was chatting to the commentators (I think Gilchrist was one) and said, “I’ll have him out 5th ball” as he came in to bowl.  He then went on to say what would happen ball by ball and what the batsman would do.   He was right, 5th ball and batsman out exactly as he said.  He wasn’t just a great spin bowler but he could read the game and the players better than anyone.  Best captain Australia never had and an equally awesome commentator - what a star. RIP

Edited by gpickup
  • Like 2

Sad days for Australian Cricket - yesterday the legendary Rod Marsh who at least had a decent innings at 74 YOA - today the marvelous Shane Warne at only 52 who was still contributing so much to the game and was in the midst of giving us another great commentator to rival the legendary Richie Benaud.  Perhaps in future matches we will see groups of Warnies along with the Ritchies in the crowds 8)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Sad days for Australian Cricket - yesterday the legendary Rod Marsh who at least had a decent innings at 74 YOA - today the marvelous Shane Warne at only 52 who was still contributing so much to the game and was in the midst of giving us another great commentator to rival the legendary Richie Benaud.  Perhaps in future matches we will see groups of Warnies along with the Ritchies in the crowds 8)

When I woke up this morning and turned on the news,

I thought they were referring to Rod Marsh. Then I was 

taken by surprise, it was Shane Warne. A fantastic spin bowler

and Larrikin. I feel for his kids there's nothing worse.

Love your kids and take each day as a bonus.

RIP Shane.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Ah of course Rod. One of the greatest keepers ever. His partnership with Dennis Lilee was second to none. Cricket heaven's gain is our loss. RIP Rodney and Shane

• Like 3