What to do next??

Hi Guys,

Yesterday, logging on, found MSFS update VIII ready to go, so I got it  happening. It was going fine until part way through we got a storm and the internet crashed. Got a message to reconnect and restart, which I had to put on hold until the storm cleared. Later I tried again but MSFS just started up as normal, but not the update and no catalogue. Checked the "Zendesk", topics but couldn't find anything relating to my problem. My question is, do I have to uninstall MSFS and reinstall, or does MS have a "repair" program to run that restores things to how they should be, and yes I'm looking for an easy way out, ;)   I haven't encountered this sort of problem before, so I'm a bit lost and not sure as how to proceed, as I couldn't find anything related in the MSFS forum notes.  On screen it says I have ver 1.23.12.0 which I thought was  update VIII and if that's the case, then I have a bit of both.

Any help appreciated.

regards

Don 

Don @Aussieflyer38

Assuming your MSFS install is the Microsoft Store version (as opposed to Steam version), then here is the REPAIR info on this link:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-Microsoft-Store-version-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

Let us know if this works or not for you.

Landon

Edited by Sniper31
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi Guys,

Yesterday, logging on, found MSFS update VIII ready to go, so I got it  happening. It was going fine until part way through we got a storm and the internet crashed. Got a message to reconnect and restart, which I had to put on hold until the storm cleared. Later I tried again but MSFS just started up as normal, but not the update and no catalogue. Checked the "Zendesk", topics but couldn't find anything relating to my problem. My question is, do I have to uninstall MSFS and reinstall, or does MS have a "repair" program to run that restores things to how they should be, and yes I'm looking for an easy way out, ;)   I haven't encountered this sort of problem before, so I'm a bit lost and not sure as how to proceed, as I couldn't find anything related in the MSFS forum notes.  On screen it says I have ver 1.23.12.0 which I thought was  update VIII and if that's the case, then I have a bit of both.

Any help appreciated.

regards

Don 

Hi Don

Literally as I was typing my response and hit submit , Landon @Sniper31 just posted his.

I was going to pass on the same link that he provided in it, so I have edited my

original post.

Fingers crossed for you mate:)

Cheers

Pete

Edited by renault
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Don @Aussieflyer38

Assuming your MSFS install is the Microsoft Store version (as opposed to Steam version), then here is the REPAIR info on this link:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-Microsoft-Store-version-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

Let us know if this works or not for you.

Landon

Thanks Landon & Pete. Just gave it a go but all I got was (I presume) after the "repair" was the old version - what I have is ver 1.23.12.0. If this is the latest version, then the MS update has partly installed. One reason I think this is, the splash page is still the "Australia World Update", I can't imagine MS leaving the previous world update page up on a new update, and the "Market place" is not selectable, it's ghosted out, I can't select it. By the looks of it I may have to a reinstall, hope not, don't want to have to go through that again. I just checked what I had fro my last update, and I have ver: VII 1.21.18.0 on 07/01/2022 

Don

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Landon & Pete. Just gave it a go but all I got was (I presume) after the "repair" was the old version - what I have is ver 1.23.12.0. If this is the latest version, then the MS update has partly installed. One reason I think this is, the splash page is still the "Australia World Update", I can't imagine MS leaving the previous world update page up on a new update, and the "Market place" is not selectable, it's ghosted out, I can't select it. By the looks of it I may have to a reinstall, hope not, don't want to have to go through that again. I just checked what I had fro my last update, and I have ver: VII 1.21.18.0 on 07/01/2022 

Don

Don this was SIM UPDATE 8 , not a World update ; the AU splash screen is still with us with version 1.23.12.0 .

• Like 2

Have you checked for updates via your a/c in the Microsoft store and

your library. The update to the core standard MSFS is there and I usually

update it from there first and then let the ( cough ) game update the rest

when it starts. Usually and update in the store that has been interrupted

can be restarted from where you left off. I do not recommend doing a system

restore when the rest of your system is fine. But what would I Know?

Kevin

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Don this was SIM UPDATE 8 , not a World update ; the AU splash screen is still with us with version 1.23.12.0 .

Thanks Brad, these updates are all a bit confusing to me, (age thing) I wasn't sure if I should have been getting a different splash screen. Overnight I have managed to get the sim back, think it's a full version, took ten hours. A screen came up with click for update (MSFS). Got up this morning and there it was, thank God no storms last night. Now just have to the individual updates, 37 of them. Thought with a new download MSFS would have installed with all that on board. Regardless, happy to have it sorted and back up 

Don    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greybeard said:

Have you checked for updates via your a/c in the Microsoft store and

your library. The update to the core standard MSFS is there and I usually

update it from there first and then let the ( cough ) game update the rest

when it starts. Usually and update in the store that has been interrupted

can be restarted from where you left off. I do not recommend doing a system

restore when the rest of your system is fine. But what would I Know?

Kevin

More than me  Kev:)

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for your input/help. Can you please check my reply to Johns/Brads post for an update, would help me right now not having to type a reply/thanks to you all, I only have one hand operational at the moment.

Thanks  Don:)

• Like 1

Hi Don

It looks like you may have had some "corruption" , so having repaired those files,  MS2020 is also

requesting Content manager updates for those files as well as the SU8 bug fix.

Before you press "fly" if you  click on your "aviator" symbol in the top right hand corner, you will then see the actual version of your current MS2020 listed.

It should be the SU8 bug fix, version 1.23.12.0 .

From what I remember the SU8 bug fix had two updates which were about 1.5 GB in size (I have the  version with the extras rather than the base one) and

a few others which were very  minor and appeared to be related to specific areas (i.e . UK, Germany etc.)

If your version checks then your base system is now correct. I would update the 1.5 GB ones if you have them. Again just checking from memory, they 

seemed to be related to the base aircraft that now have the new propeller modeling effects etc

All the other files seemed to  related basically to scenery fixes etc.  So if you have the base version updated and correct, you could just continue to update them

over  the next couple of times you have MS2020 up and running and you are using it. Or you could just click update all, and have a cup of coffee or tea

while it completes everything.

Hopefully this could be easier for you under the current circumstances.

Cheers

Pete