SoCal mesh issue?

Gorum79

Hi,

1. I've upgraded my PC and and then installed my products via Orbx Central app. All was fine but I see some coastal mesh conflict(photos). Tried to "Verify files" in Orbx - same thing.

It was not appearing in my old PC configuration. And I believe this conflict is not unique in SoCal in my current config. Friends who also own SoCal confirmed me that this is not normal.

2. Another strange thing I faced here is crossing this topic scenery_packs keeps being messed up which is still active,

The file sceney_pack.ini is changed every time I run XP (attached version is after I quit XP). And changes is not alphabetical.

For example:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Washington XP Layer1

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD Washington XP Layer2

Are mixed up sometimes(Layer 2 is much higher than Layer 1) and I'm not sure they accept this order.

Most funny thing is that checking the box "Enable Automatic Layering" in Configuration of Orbx app it seems doesn't have any action: even if this box is unchecked I see changed lines order in sceney_pack.ini and scenery_pack.ini-Orbx-backup addition file.

How can I completely forbid these changes to Orbx app?

BR

George

1240115494_Bell412-2022-01-2411_59_04.jpg.7f61365750b96ed7c7744b1fc102089b.jpg

544225757_Bell412-2022-01-2411_59_30.jpg.77ea84e64a4faf8f383e29796544a861.jpg

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

• Thanks 1

Regarding the scenery_packs.ini, are you using an Organiser?

The scenery_packs.ini you have attached is completely wrongly layered as far as all the Rue earth addons are concerned and are being masked by other addons.

If you are using an Organiser then it is also responsible for rearranging the DD addon.

I will rearrange your scenery_packs.ini when you have answered my query about an Organiser being used. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I use v2.4 which I believe the latest one,

>>The scenery_packs.ini you have attached is completely wrongly layered..

That's the problem Jon, I can not manage it in right way. Each time(after my correction) this file has been changed when I quit XP. Please check how can I use xOrganizer for correct layering?

BR

George

Hi Jon,

I'm not sure I correct explain my issue,

1. 1st(main) part of my problem is not correct mesh appearing in SoCal. With your help I see that this was caused by wrong layering of scenery in scenery_pack.ini file.

And I would be more than appreciated if you could help me to arrange these lines, or point where is(are) the problem area(s) in layering.

I can keep the copy of this file(stored in save place) as reference of what I can use in /Custom scenery/ folder being sure that it's 100% right. And I kindly please your assistance here.

2. The second one is to realize what app can change this file to forbid this activity. You're telling me that it's xOrganizer, but this app is not in RAM visible in Task Manager. And I think it's not running until I press .exe. and after I quit it. It's even not be able to be installed - all I can so is just copy folder and run .exe. I can completely delete this folder and scenery_pack.ini is still being changed. That's why I ask how this app can change something in this .ini file?

Thanks for your help!

BR

George

Edited by Gorum79

A couple of points I wish to raise with you.

X-Organiser will change the scenery_packs.ini every time you use it to enable or disable a scenery fie. That is why the scenery_packs are never layered the same when you look at them after a flight. That is down to X-Organiser and nothing to do with the Orbx Central/"Enable Automatic Layering". The automatic layering is done when you first install the addon and in this case it was TE SoCal. I don't think Orbx sells the DD Washington XP addon, but you can correct me if I am wrong. The installation of that addon was not done by Orbx Central but by the installer that came with DD Washington XP. I have no knowledge of where these 2 files are supposed to be layered in the scenery_packs so I have placed them just after the True Earth addons

DD Washington XP Layer1

DD Washington XP Layer2

The DD Washington mesh file is placed correctly.

The attached rearranged scenery_packs will only be useable once if you use X-Organiser. When you use XO and finish a flight where you have disabled some addons, does XO enable the disabled addons again? I know nothing about XO as I explained but when a customer sends me a pic of a problem or submits a scenery_packs for me to look at I can immediately see if they use an organiser, as was observed by me in your scenery_packs.

If your addons are correctly layered in the scenery_packs then I personally feel that no more "organising" is required. Many people find  XO a really useful tool to have 

Here is your rearranged scenery_packs file. I leave the decision about the need for any organiser up to you.

scenery_packs.ini

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Jon,

Appreciate your advise about XO, I will consider this making a back-up of scenery_pack.ini

As for this file I used your prepared .ini, many thanks for it! 

But the picture looks the same way, here is where this artefact appear. It's about 2NM to South from KLAX

I don't know what to do more.

BR

George

544225757_Bell412-2022-01-2411_59_30.jpg.77ea84e64a4faf8f383e29796544a861.jpg

Hughes_500D - 2022-01-31 17.25.46.jpg

Edited by Gorum79

@Sentry11 many thanks for your help!

@Jon Clarke I've done this verification twice. Moreover when I run SoCal on 2nd PC I see the same(the files are also verified by Orbx application). Both PCs tried OpenGL or Vulkan rendering engine - the same,

World objects set to max: please check the attached screenshot. A lot of objects around arrears but this mesh failure stays the same,

If this is an installation error why this error appears on independent PCs with independent installations?

Hughes_500D - 2022-02-01 10.44.41.jpg

@Jon Clarke  --   @Gorum79

No, I can't see it being an installation problem, but more likely a mesh elevation problem that is not knitting well with the adjacent terrain.

I may try and create a terrain object that will hopefully mask the problem and blend in well with the surrounding area.1319174120_X-Plane2022-01-3115-37-54.thumb.jpg.eac5aab5670e3c2f5eb8d9be1b0ee280.jpg

Edited by Sentry11
  • Thanks 2