LPPT Lisbon Freeze

I’ve tried the new Lisbon Scenery on two separate rigs now - both are the same - the flight preview seems OK but then Sim freezes when attempting to “Fly”.

Help, please?

Using MSFS 1.2.13.0 on one rig and 1.2.17.0 on the other.

WIN10, 6700 32GB 3080Ti

Hello,

me too, I am afraid.

I have the Microsoft Store version of MSFS and this happens even when 

I have done this:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Added only LPPT to the Community folder.

We can ask @matteusz

Have you guys untilized Rex Airport Textures or Zinertek, bought via the marketplace in the early days? 

If yes, try to deinstall and restart the sim. Many CTDs during the loading phase can be traced to those "texture replacement tools"

Cheers

Edited by flyingpaul1980

I'm investigating this issue and trying to reproduce at the moment. We've seen similar issue when using freeware city scenery, but that's not the case here. 

I'd suggest trying to lower graphical settings and see if that helps at the moment. 

[EDIT]

I was able to recreate the problem what should make things a bit easier now. 

Edited by matteusz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happens here as well. No other scenery nearby, deleted rolling cache and all that jazz. All other airports work with no problems. 

I actually managed to get past the freeze on the fly button once, but it freezed after 5 minutes of panning the camera around to look at the really nice new scenery :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyingpaul1980 said:

Have you guys untilized Rex Airport Textures or Zinertek, bought via the marketplace in the early days? 

If yes, try to deinstall and restart the sim. Many CTDs during the loading phase can be traced to those "texture replacement tools"

Cheers

No, I don't have any of those.  

Gentlemen,

I believe the issue is now fixed. I need to confirm that, and I'd kindly ask you to check if replacing the files mkstudios-lppt-modellib.BGL and lppt-scene.bgl solve the problem for you.

File locations:

mkstudios-lppt-modellib.BGL - [Library] mkstudios-airport-lppt-lisbon\scenery\global\scenery

lppt-scene.bgl - [Library] mkstudios-airport-lppt-lisbon\scenery\world\scenery

I passed the files to @Ed Correia for a quick hotfix. 

Kind regards,
Mateusz

mkstudios-lppt-modellib.BGL lppt-scene.bgl

• Like 1

Glad to hear it's working and I apologize for this situation! That was a bit of stressful for everyone I guess. All in all the issue was in the taxiway models. The compiler didn't return any error when building the scenery as well as there was no problem when running SIM in medium/high settings (at least when testing the scenery). 

Enjoy the scenery! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, matteusz said:

Gentlemen,

I believe the issue is now fixed. I need to confirm that, and I'd kindly ask you to check if replacing the files mkstudios-lppt-modellib.BGL and lppt-scene.bgl solve the problem for you.

File locations:

mkstudios-lppt-modellib.BGL - [Library] mkstudios-airport-lppt-lisbon\scenery\global\scenery

lppt-scene.bgl - [Library] mkstudios-airport-lppt-lisbon\scenery\world\scenery

I passed the files to @Ed Correia for a quick hotfix. 

Kind regards,
Mateusz

mkstudios-lppt-modellib.BGL 31.41 MB · 10 downloads lppt-scene.bgl 773.88 kB · 8 downloads

Fixed on my end as well. Thanks! 

Edited by Abriael