NZNS - NELSON

TigerTigerM

Situated at the top of the South Island, NZNS has an interesting location by the sea.

These are a few shots from an initial look around.

Even after a short flight I can tell that NZA has put a lot of work  into fine touches, such as weathering on buildings, & the presence of general clutter found at an airport.

It's currently 30% off, ending December 1st, 2021, & if you are prevaricating I would suggest that if you fly in NZ you should consider snapping this one up.

NZA also has some superb freeware NZ airfields that I recommend you check out on their website.

TTM (MSFS)

Reno T6 having a look around at dusk.

n-1.jpg

Looking back at dusk, I am guessing, towards the South East.

n-2.jpg

T6 low pass. clear skies. I am running the '4 Seasons' package & thought I had Northern Hemisphere on Fall & Southern Hemisphere on Spring.

Yet much of the vegetation seemed to have an Autumn tint. I'll need to check that out.

n-3.jpg

Detailed external power unit. I should know the aircraft, but it eludes me.

n-4.jpg

Air NZ ATR. Not available in MSFS yet, I think.

n-5.jpg

This is what I mean by attention to detail.

If you look hard at the back wall, which I believe is corrugated iron, you can see dark patches of weathering or faded paint within the vertical corrugations.

Nice touch.

n-6.jpg

Drone view off to the West, & out there is Motueka. NZA have crafted Motueka as a freeware airfield & again, you really should 

pick it up.

n-7.jpg

Another Drone shot.

What is the red thing on the roof to the right? The round 'domes' are mirrors of some sort.

n-8.jpg

Looking North East using SoFly UK Spring Day.

n-9.jpg

• Like 6