Sunken Southampton

Hello,

After a complete fresh game installation I purchased and installed EGHI from Central and have noticed an elevation issue.
I read your list of actions prior to reporting an MSFS problem and have emptied Community, deleted the relevant files and cache file.
I don't have any other addon scenery in this region other than pilotplus Bristol purchased through the game marketplace, which lives in the Official/One Store folder.
I have not removed this yet for snagging. Any known issues with it?
I also have the MSFS UK update installed.
Anyone else having problems since the last big updates?
Thanks.

EGHI problem (2).jpg

Hi there,

Just to confuse the issue I'm not seeing this problem.

MSFS is fully updated and EGHI is v1.0.1

Edit: my MSFS is the Microsoft store Premium Deluxe.

EGHI.thumb.jpg.1f95734eb759920324c9a77ae3e7b1d3.jpg

I've tried with photogrammetry on and off.

Have you tried Verify Files for EGHI in OC?

All the best,

John

• Confused 1

Good morning,
Getting interesting.
We've had 2 big mandatory updates and I made a new clean installation of the game - took me 3-4 days to download about 120Gb :-(

I have spotted another problem at pilotplus EGGD but nowhere else. The guys there are also great but also puzzled. So I am thinking World Update 3?
I only have a few UK addons. FTX EGHI, EGLC and EGNT. Maccosims EGBB and EGCC and pilotplus EGGD and no UK community free stuff installed. The addons are all the latest versions.
Only 2 UK addons have issues. EGHI and now EGGD
How can I disable Update 3 without deleting it and spending 3-4 hours to re-install it again?
If I remove both problem airports, clear cache etc.. restart..  the default airports sit fine.

Bristol problem_3 (2).jpg

Bristol problem my settings (2).jpg

Edited by Kernow
updating information

Not looking any different..

(All of the community content is in the backup folder because last time I tried to move it all all of the shortcuts disappeared and I had to re-install most of it again- the game can't seem to see it as nothing previously installed is showing as installed or showing in game)

and I deleted ROLLINGCACHE.CCC, Content.xml and all the .dat files in SceneryIndexes then re-started the game.

238809473_Stillnotright.thumb.jpg.3bbef2c503bfb7dff6fcf39e13907c2a.jpg

Edited by Kernow
additional information

2 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Please go over the process carefully in the below topic again

Hi guys,

I think I finally found it.

By turning online functionality off I managed to replicate the problem.

Please make sure all the online functions are on. In the past we have occasionally found MSFS switching them off without warning.

My bad, I tried switching photogrammetry off but forgot to check with the rest switched off as well.

Here are the settings you should have.

36537744_goodsettings.thumb.jpg.b7ea2aeb79b23cc23ce983bc12bbbc25.jpg

All the best,

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good evening,

Well John, whatever made you think of that..
Here's a screen of my Data tab:
My Online Functionality was already 'On' but my Bing Data World Graphics was switched 'Off'
I followed your suggested settings and turned it to 'On'
Went back into game, loaded EGHI and to my utter amazement it was as it now normal and looking very nice :-)
I don't understand how the new game works - I'll leave that to you developers !

So, a frustrating time but there's something to be learnt here - Everyday IS a school day .

Many Thanks.

General Options original (2).jpg

EGHI fixed (2).jpg

Edited by Kernow
Duplicated screen shots
  • Like 1

Thanks @John Burgess Hero :)

I have had issues recently or should I say the sim has, with messages about "lack of Bandwidth" ( I have 350mbps Fibre to the Premises direct), "Cannot confirm licence details", "We are switching you to offline", "Your connection is lost"  "you are now successfully connected" etc etc etc.

My assumption is that during all my tests on this EGHI issue my setting may have been changed or my setting was not correct.

Thanks for you detective work.

I will now go and try it.

After all the efforts, just tested. Offline Data already ON. Bing On. Both the required settings have been ON all the the time.

It now looks like just an issue for me and this bandwidth problem which is totally new since the update. Probably not connected to the update just coincidence.

Get this message as soon as i loaded EGHI ready to fly with full wall in front of me still !!

Capture.thumb.JPG.ea64ecec4636d13c18727c5fdf6f710e.JPG

I now see this:

Capture.thumb.JPG.3786cc669a7e6a40bf5f69b1200b5217.JPG

In my case it was nothing to do with Online data or Bing data etc.

I have been using an imagery mod that offers alternative source photoscenery rather than Bing. After flights i have just been hitting the "X" to close down the mod. It has an option to Run and Stop. If you don't hit the Stop option it leaves some kind of residue that causes Bandwidth issues and big walls at EGHI :lol:

I just ran the alternative mod, then hit STOP to ensure it was completely closed and Bingo. No Bandwidth warning and no walls at EGHI.

So now we have 2 solutions depending on whether or not you are using the imagery mod or if your Online Functionality was set to Off

I am going for a lie down:)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

After all the efforts, just tested. Offline Data already ON. Bing On. Both the required settings have been ON all the the time.

It now looks like just an issue for me and this bandwidth problem which is totally new since the update. Probably not connected to the update just coincidence.

Get this message as soon as i loaded EGHI ready to fly with full wall in front of me still !!

Capture.thumb.JPG.ea64ecec4636d13c18727c5fdf6f710e.JPG

That's interesting Jon. I had a similar Warning message yesterday but with a small difference - I had the choice to accept offline mode with 'OK'  or 'Ignore'.

Puzzled by this new message I chose 'Ignore' and went flying. The flight was trouble free.

I had chosen Ignore prior to that final message when the flight was loaded. My bandwidth issues I believe are solely related to to the imagery mod not being shut down correctly by me as i have never had bandwidth issues before. 

My previous post shows all my issues resolved

• Thanks 1