LOWI taxi-sign issues.

The taxi-signs at LOWI have some issues as noted below.

Note: I have uninstalled the default Asobo LOWI and also made sure it is inactive in the content xml file. No other addons are installed that can effect Orbx LOWI.

The issues:

1. Taxi-signs do not have night lighting (there are electric cables on the rear/back).

2. It seems the scenery includes all objects/buildings in one file, and at the same elevation. This makes some taxi-signs sink into the ground and some are completely underground (example: runway exit signs "A" and "B") because the terrain is sloped (not flat).

3. Comparing to Google maps and online videos, some taxi-signs seem to be misplaced or are missing at the hold short positions.

Does anyone else see the same issues? If yes, a fix would be nice by the developer.

Cheers,

Steve

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

one is planned.

Great to hear. For the airport only or for the whole Innsbruck scenery? If for the whole area, there are 3 bridges over the Inn River missing. They always have, so this is not connected to any update. I can post screenshots tomorrow, in case the update is for the whole of Jarrad's scenery.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

one is planned.

This is good to hear. I flew out of there last night after installing the WU6 and I had three , yes three, wind socks at LOWI, and also a few huge terrain spikes right outside the airport. 

Hello,

the terrain spikes are nothing to do with Orbx, for those that see them, they are also there without it.

I realise that it may appear to be an unneccessary suggestion but please make sure that WU 6 is fully installed.

A visit to the Marketplace and then "Free" will show you all six world updates.

If it is, please also make sure that you have removed all other mesh products from your Community folder.

Ideally, remove everything from it and see if the spikes remain.

Also do this, if you have not already.

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

19 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the terrain spikes are nothing to do with Orbx, for those that see them, they are also there without it.

I realise that it may appear to be an unneccessary suggestion but please make sure that WU 6 is fully installed.

If it is, please also make sure that you have removed all other mesh products from your Community folder.

Ideally, remove everything from it and see if the spikes remain.

Also do this, if you have not already.

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

Hi Nick, I have done all the above and still have them. I did fully install WU6 last night as well as updated all of my free world updates. I do not have any other mesh products installed except for Orbx Alaska Mesh (no terrain spikes there that I have found). In fact, the only scenery I have in my community folder are Orbx products. I don't download or install any freeware into MSFS. Here is what I am seeing at LOWI after having done all of the above:

3y1dwlw.jpg

QigXqNH.jpg

Notice the four windsocks...two of them are almost right on top of each other in the first pic. I really have no idea what could be causing all this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Helo,

me neither.

I do see extra windsocks but not like that and no spikes.

27.jpg

Okay Nick, I got rid of the spikes. Seems there is an additional WU6 World Update that must be installed AFTER you install the mandatory update. Nothing tells you about this additional update, you just have to go into the Marketplace within MSFS and go to the World Update tab and purchase it for 'Free' and then install. Then, the terrain spikes, in my case, are taken care of and no longer an issue. So, that part is totally on Asobo/MS, but I wanted to post the 'Fix' here as it's not well advertised during the update process, and someone else may miss it like I did. 

As for the wind socks, they unfortunately are still very persistently present. In fact, I now count 6 of them....two in the middle, and two at EACH end of the runway. 

Landon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Okay Nick, I got rid of the spikes. Seems there is an additional WU6 World Update that must be installed AFTER you install the mandatory update. Nothing tells you about this additional update, you just have to go into the Marketplace within MSFS and go to the World Update tab and purchase it for 'Free' and then install. Then, the terrain spikes, in my case, are taken care of and no longer an issue. So, that part is totally on Asobo/MS, but I wanted to post the 'Fix' here as it's not well advertised during the update process, and someone else may miss it like I did. 

As for the wind socks, they unfortunately are still very persistently present. In fact, I now count 6 of them....two in the middle, and two at EACH end of the runway. 

Landon

I will have to check this later as I am about to go out, I see the same as your before shots....

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Landon

Not only that, but there are were updates in the Content Manager as well to things like the flights, aircraft and airports.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the World Updates do not install automatically and anecdotal evidence is pointing towards

the reason for these three spikes being that the Simulator Update has been applied but not the World Update.

Exactly my point Nick, which is why I posted that information. I just wish the entire update process was more clearly explained by Asobo/MS. There was a very long thread over in the official MSFS forums about this very issue (with the terrain spikes) with lots of people having the same exact problem. The way I found out was reading through that entire thread and then, the last post was from another simmer that figured it out. I read every post and not once did I see an 'Official' person suggest to make sure to check the in sim Marketplace for an additional update. I guess some people are born with this knowledge, but I was apparently not privy to that when I was born :unsure:

At any rate, I am happy a fix to the terrain spikes is there, and happy to let others know. Sharing is caring :) 

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this was the "official comment" from this support person. :)

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this was the "official comment" from this support person. :)

Yes Nick, your suggestion is Official to me as always (and helpful as well). I was referring to the lack of an 'Official' comment on the MSFS Forum regarding the terrain spikes and the MSFS Marketplace update within the sim. I apologize if I did not make that clear in my previous post. Your assistance is always appreciated by me :)

• Thanks 1