EGLC update

• 1 month later...

Now, Ponta Delgada got updated. Again, the static airplanes were removed - It only had one single cessna parking there. So why even bother!?

Also it got optimized for XBOX. What does this mean exactly? Has the quality been downgraded alongside removing static airplanes to run well on XBOX? And why do PC-users have to download the XBOX compatibility version?

I don't get it. Orbx Central isn't available on XBOX so why not just provide the XBOX version only in the marketplace? 

Would really love an explanation. 

17 minutes ago, AIRJUNEAU said:

Now, Ponta Delgada got updated. Again, the static airplanes were removed - It only had one single cessna parking there. So why even bother!?

Firstly EGLC and LPPD are developed by completely different developers so you can't compare (it's up to the individual developer), and the LPPD dev is external to Orbx and only sells on the platform, secondly static aircraft is a very dividing topic, some people want them, others don't, a benefit P3D has is the ability to configure airports how users want, apparently this can't be done yet in MSFS, although options are starting to be offered.

17 minutes ago, AIRJUNEAU said:

Also it got optimized for XBOX. What does this mean exactly? Has the quality been downgraded alongside removing static airplanes to run well on XBOX? And why do PC-users have to download the XBOX compatibility version?

From my basic understanding, PCs have better specifications than XBOXs so therefore it has to be optimised to run well on Xbox as well, but it's important to note optimisation doesn't automatically mean downgrades, I have seen 0 difference between pre and post LPPD. I'm hoping someone with more technical knowledge will jump in and explain this further.

• Like 2

Hi Joe, 

thanks for your reply.

1 hour ago, EasternT3 said:
1 hour ago, AIRJUNEAU said:

Firstly EGLC and LPPD are developed by completely different developers so you can't compare (it's up to the individual developer), and the LPPD dev is external to Orbx and only sells on the platform, secondly static aircraft is a very dividing topic, some people want them, others don't, a benefit P3D has is the ability to configure airports how users want, apparently this can't be done yet in MSFS, although options are starting to be offered.

I know MK and Orbx are different developers. But I don't think it matters in this case. I just would like to know why static planes are removed from sceneries. There must be a reason why Orbx, MK and others do that when they optimize their addons for XBOX. It's a feature which gets lost and you can't do anything about it  - and anything is better than the horrible default ai planes in msfs ;) 

There are ways you can toggle scenery features like static planes in msfs. FSDG did it with their configurator. Orbx central is capable of doing this is other simulators - so why not in msfs?

Edited by AIRJUNEAU

Hi Ryan, I do get your point, I think the removal of statics are not necessarily 100% related to optimisation (but could be), I have recalled in several threads (including myself) asking for statics to be removed due to VATSIM/IVAO purposes, so maybe MK/Orbx and others are heeding the requests of the customer base, plus I know of a AI traffic program nearing release.

As for toggling scenery features, I know it can be done, in fact as far as I am aware Jetstream's LIML has the ability to toggle statics (if bought elsewhere) but not if you buy it through central as I have. However on a positive note I have read @Marcus Nyberg's ESGG is soon to get an update which has the ability to toggle statics, so hopefully this will the filter through to the other products, giving people the option

• Like 1