Static and AI

Hi,

I am new to MSFS. I have it installed for one week and I am still trying to configure essential things.
I would like to know:
1. How to get rid of those static aircrafts from all default sceneries.
2. How to have AI working like he had with FSX and P3D. Do they work with schedules as well? Where to put them? It seems that folders' organization of MSFS is quite different than previous simulators and I don't know where to find those folders.

Thanks.

54 minutes ago, harpsi said:

Any help on this one? Tks.

I can't help you with the statics, but there is no need for schedules if you have ticked "Real World Live Traffic" (or whatever it is called in the MSFS menue), because this is not only based on real world schedules but uses real time data from the real world. So e. g. real world Delta flight DL5 has a delay of 13 minutes at the time you fly the sim, than DL5 will also have a 13 minutes delay in your sim.

Liveries and call signs are not perfect though. While some flights use the real world call signs orhers are just called "Generic" by the default ATC. Also all default liveries are generic ones. I have no idea, if there are real world livery packs for the real world traffic are available yet.

Edited by wolfko

7 minutes ago, wolfko said:

I can't help you with the statics, but there is no need for schedules if you have ticked "Real World Live Traffic" (or whatever it is called in the MSFS menue), because this is not only based on real world schedules but uses real time data from the real world. So e. g. real world Delta flight DL5 has a delay of 13 minutes at the time you fly the sim, than DL5 will also have a 13 minutes delay in your sim.

Liveries and call signs are not perfect though. While some flights use the real world call signs orhers are just called "Generic" by the default ATC. Also all default liveries are generic ones. I have no idea, if there are real world livery packs for the real world traffic are available yet.

At least i would like to take those horrible statics or dynamics out of the scenery. I would like to improve MSFS with the same type of AI aircrafts as FSX did.

I don't know if there are statics in the default MSFS.  Usually statics wil only be added by 3rd party developers.  Are you sure what you are seeing are not AI aircraft that are simply parked?  In any case, there are three options for AI aircraft. 

- Real time online AI, which tries to produce AI in the sim based on real world, real time schedules.

- Offline AI which will show aircraft running on pre determined schedules.

- Off, which will give you no AI aircraft

As with other sims, you can adjust the percentage of the AI that you will see in your sim.

MSFS has another way in which you will see other aircraft, and that is multiplayer.  If you have multiplayer enabled in your settings then you will see other player's aircraft in the sim also.

1 hour ago, Scott Harmes said:

I don't know if there are statics in the default MSFS.  Usually statics wil only be added by 3rd party developers.  Are you sure what you are seeing are not AI aircraft that are simply parked?  In any case, there are three options for AI aircraft. 

- Real time online AI, which tries to produce AI in the sim based on real world, real time schedules.

- Offline AI which will show aircraft running on pre determined schedules.

- Off, which will give you no AI aircraft

As with other sims, you can adjust the percentage of the AI that you will see in your sim.

MSFS has another way in which you will see other aircraft, and that is multiplayer.  If you have multiplayer enabled in your settings then you will see other player's aircraft in the sim also.

I still see AI aircrafts when the option is 0 aircrafts... Statics or dynamics? I would like to get rid of all. I just want AI aircrafts with the real schedules like we had in FSX. Maybe it is not possible at the moment... I don't know.

4 hours ago, harpsi said:

I still see AI aircrafts when the option is 0 aircrafts... Statics or dynamics? I would like to get rid of all. I just want AI aircrafts with the real schedules like we had in FSX. Maybe it is not possible at the moment... I don't know.

Only having AI aircraft with real schedules would exclude all or at least most of the GA aircraft, because these usually have no schedule in the real world.

Even many heavies have no schedule and are just parked at airports for maintenance or other reasons.

As I mentioned in my prvious post, if you like real world schedules, then use the real time live online traffic option. The statics will only add even more realism as explained above.

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Have you also asked at the non Orbx MSFS support forum?

Yes, in several foruns. I see that there are milliards of people seeing posts but answers come very late and/or are very few. For example, I tried to build my new computer alone, just with forum helps. In fact it is now an excellent machine, but it took me 3 or 4 months to build it. I ask a question which has an answer maybe 7 or 10 days after. If you need answers before buying this or that component or changing this or that thing and those answers come 7 or 10 days after, well... That's why I asked the question here as well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Only having AI aircraft with real schedules would exclude all or at least most of the GA aircraft, because these usually have no schedule in the real world.

Even many heavies have no schedule and are just parked at airports for maintenance or other reasons.

As I mentioned in my prvious post, if you like real world schedules, then use the real time live online traffic option. The statics will only add even more realism as explained above.

Maybe you didn't understans my point. I don't want aircrafts which are built with sceneries (statics) and also those who are coming in the FS packages. For example, KJFK is to be full or Delta, American, JetBlue and so on... not with Orbit or other custom MSFS aircrafts. Also for GA, I would like to have mine.  

Hi Harpsi welcome in MSFS! Regarding AI there are different sliders. There is a seperate slider which shows ground AI. So even if you set AI to zero static AI will pop-up. I cannot show you a screenshot right now but hope it helps.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Er!k said:

Hi Harpsi welcome in MSFS! Regarding AI there are different sliders. There is a seperate slider which shows ground AI. So even if you set AI to zero static AI will pop-up. I cannot show you a screenshot right now but hope it helps.

OK. Can you show me how to remove ground AI, static or dynamic? In the air I don't see them so maybe it is no problem at all.

3 hours ago, harpsi said:

OK. Can you show me how to remove ground AI, static or dynamic? In the air I don't see them so maybe it is no problem at all.

Erik is correct.  There is a setting in MSFS which adjusts ground aircraft density.  Set this to zero to see no MSFS planes at the airports.  See the pic below:

WO1ios6.jpg

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Erik is correct.  There is a setting in MSFS which adjusts ground aircraft density.  Set this to zero to see no MSFS planes at the airports.  See the pic below:

WO1ios6.jpg

I set it to 0 and I installed some Orbx sceneries. I still have static aircrafts, maybe now from those Orbx sceneries. Is there any possibility to throw them away?

28 minutes ago, harpsi said:

I set it to 0 and I installed some Orbx sceneries. I still have static aircrafts, maybe now from those Orbx sceneries. Is there any possibility to throw them away?

Depends on the developer... Not every dev is using a config tool... I know FSDG, JetStream Designs offer a way to remove statics that come with the scenery.

But why is it an issue? I prefer to land into an airport with recognizable planes than all those dummy planes. At least until a proper AI package is available...

45 minutes ago, harpsi said:

Most airport sceneries in MSFS have static aircraft. That's been true since the first week it shipped. Only a couple of devs made it possible for you to remove them (by having the static aircraft for their sceneries in folders you could delete. This all has been debated here and elsewhere many times. Personally, I like the static aircraft. You don't. But there is no option with Orbx scenery to disable them. I wish I had simply stated that when I first saw your question, but I was actually tired of answering it after nearly a year.

57 minutes ago, Seanmo said:

Most airport sceneries in MSFS have static aircraft. That's been true since the first week it shipped. Only a couple of devs made it possible for you to remove them (by having the static aircraft for their sceneries in folders you could delete. This all has been debated here and elsewhere many times. Personally, I like the static aircraft. You don't. But there is no option with Orbx scenery to disable them. I wish I had simply stated that when I first saw your question, but I was actually tired of answering it after nearly a year.

I believe so... But I just have MSFS for 1/2 weeks... I don't know everything, especially because the layout and folders organiztion is very different from previous sims. Sorry... And I understand you like static AI. I don't like. Sorry... That's why I asked this question. With Orbx it is strange because it was always possible to remove them. Maybe I can rename all the default aircraft folders so that they don't appear. I probably won't fly any default aircraft as well.

Edited by harpsi

With FSX/P3D you could easily put AI in a seperate bgl file. Deleting the file would remove the statics. You only needed an exta AFD file to have the parking spot available.. 

MSFS is different. If you add/remove a file also a layout.json file needs to be generated. You can not just delete a file... Also the file structure is different.. 

So some devs already figured this out with a config tool, but others not...

13 hours ago, Er!k said:

With FSX/P3D you could easily put AI in a seperate bgl file. Deleting the file would remove the statics. You only needed an exta AFD file to have the parking spot available.. 

MSFS is different. If you add/remove a file also a layout.json file needs to be generated. You can not just delete a file... Also the file structure is different.. 

So some devs already figured this out with a config tool, but others not...

Shoud we wait for something coming later?