How many people are still flying P3D

Questions like these are not representative, because a) not everyone on the forum will vote (mostly not wanting to be involved in a disagreement) and b) the forum does not contain every single flight sim member, mathijs kok posted this the other day over at aerosoft "you make you money on the people who you never hear from", i.e us vocal people are not the only people in the hobby, the majority of customers, you will never hear from.

I've attached a graph, it speaks for itself, after all sales for Orbx is the only thing that will keep them in business (graph is from Aerosoft, a flight sim company operating for over 25 years, and survived several flight simulator changes,)

image_11855.jpg

Edited by EasternT3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thepilot said:

They are hardly releasing anything for P3D any more, thereby creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Yes but no, yes Aerosoft don't really release for P3D, but they don't create them because there's very little demand, it's a typical catch-22,

Edited by EasternT3
  • Like 2

Hello,

as things stand, each simulator has something that the others do not.

There is no point in advocating one in favour of the other, certainly not in these forums.

If a customer prefers to use FSX, P3D, Aerofly or X Plane 11, that is the customer's choice.

That choice does not mean that the customer is right or wrong, although the customer

may feel the need to campaign for their choice over the others.

OpenLC Asia for P3D remains in development.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would happily bet Orbx see similar results to this, and is reflected in there 2021 roadmap and releases being geared more towards MSFS, I'm not saying there's no demand for P3D but it's dwarfed compared to MSFS and even X-Plane, also this graph doesn't have numbers, for all we know P3DV5 could be 100 sales per product and MSFS 10000 per product

Taking sims out of it Orbx has investors, investors Anna has to answer too, they probably don't care which sim Orbx develops for, investors main want is ROI (speaking from experience) and where's the best ROI coming from

• Like 1