CTD - BIKF - Keflavik

Hello there

Everytime I take off at Keflavik I get a CTD, the sim freezes the sound breaks and then it closes

Is anybody experiencing the same issue.?

I deleted the scenery indexes and the content.xml as I saw this was recommended for the same issue in a different airport but the issue remains

I have no extra add-ons here except Orbx free mesh

Not sure if MK Studios follows up here but in all case before asking them I wanted to know if this is only me

Thanks

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

it is an unfortunate feature of MSFS that a conflicting addon does not have to be geographically anywhere near another addon to conflict.

The best way to start a diagnosis is to rename your Community folder to CommunityX, create a new Community folder and move the

Keflavik product only into it.

If, or more likely when, it then works, you will need to use trial and error to find the one that is causing the conflict.

Hello Nick

Thank you

An unfortunate feature indeed

Well, I have no other add-ons in Iceland... but I'll proceed as instructed. If liveries and and planes count fortunately I just have to trial and error 283 times as just started adding since I had a very strange behavior of the sim

Well, I think I'll let you know at some stage about the results, maybe that can help others too

Cheers

Carlos

A way I've found (it was suggested to me after SU4 caused major CTDs because of the WASM modules) is to test in batches, i.e if you have 200 folders in your community folder, split them it 2 groups of 100 folders, put the first group back in your community folder, if the CTD occurs with the first batch, split those 100 folders into 2 batches of 50 folders, and then keep halving the batch of folders where the CTD occurs, sorry I can't explain better but if you have 200 folders in your community folder then you should only need to trail and error a maximum of 7/8 times oppose to 200.

This is where add-on linker is good for finding the issues but after using the tool I prefer keeping things in my community folder

Hi

Well, I think I found part of the problem a scenery that seems to have a particular structure with the mylibrary stuff

On the other hand I have the airport is not completely free of guilt as some textures in the terminal flick and when you approach to runway 10 or 28 the sim tends to stuck like freezing for some seconds, this happens all the time

Also that annoying white circle that is supposed to be loading or updating gets in action constantly here almost non stop.

And the worst is that if this happens, or the issue on approach and you change view rapidly (from outside view, the angle of view) it crashes.

So I think it might need an update after the most recent MSFS update

Thank you!

Carlos

PS

By the way it looks amazing with Live time and a few clouds

nRtSHld.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Well, after having checked Keflavik was not crashing I continued installing airports. I decided to go tonight to Keflavik and guess what? Yes, it crashed!

And I only have payware installed so far

So, do this mean that even professional developers create conflicting products?

What am I supposed to do, go to Keflavik every time I install an airport to see if it crashes?  that's ridiculous

I would say the product should have been created in a unique way to ensure it doesn't conflict with any other.

And this developer gives zero support.

n4NpNAk.jpg

Very frustrating

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Nick

Thank you for your concern

Yes sir. I have a lot of scenery that cannot be bought in Orbx Central, and I think I will end not adding at all the freeware ones. This is really time consuming with just payware scenery to make it worst adding amateur stuff

The thing is that all works fine. I mean, if I fly to any of those all work, but yesterday I went to Keflavik and it crashed though I can confirm that the crash happens when I face the airport, the terminal building

I like to flight on the external view, when the plane is in the air and I focus the camera to face the left side of the plane the airport is behind the plane on the "right" side but that movement, the camera view change, freezes the screen at the moment the airport enters the view, then the sound breaks and then it closes. It is so weird.

I have a flickering texture in the airport not sure if that could be part of the issue.

I am praying/hoping for today's update to fix any issues I could have. Otherwise I think I will have no other choice than testing Keflavik every time a scenery is added.

So far I am having issues only with this one

I am going to disable all again and just test with products offered  in Orbx Central as per your question. Then will test with all on.

If this persists I won't be bothering again with this Nick, it's just that I needed to express my frustration

Thank you!

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos. Seeing that BIKF is not an extremely large download, have you tried deleting or removing any backup copy that may have been made if you have the Backups option enabled in Orbx Central, Clear the Temp folder, Uninstall BIKF, Reboot PC. Reinstall BIKF directly into MSFS Community?

Worth a try.

9 hours ago, carlosqr said:

G'day Carlos,

Not sure how you are getting on with this but I too was having a CTD in Keflavik a little while ago. The culprit for me was a freeware Lima airport (SPJC) from Provisual. After hours of narrowing it down, this was the offender.

If you have it, remove it and try again.

Cheers.

9 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I got this message John

Even after having run the verify tool

I'm installing again

kxOjV44.jpg

If you persistently get this message Carlos when attempting an installation of this addon I suggest you attach your  Orbx Central log and we can get someone from the Orbx Central team to take a look. Also Nick may have some ideas

15 hours ago, MurrayD said:

G'day Carlos,

Not sure how you are getting on with this but I too was having a CTD in Keflavik a little while ago. The culprit for me was a freeware Lima airport (SPJC) from Provisual. After hours of narrowing it down, this was the offender.

If you have it, remove it and try again.

Cheers.

Thank you Murray

I do have that airport

Thought I had it not enabled when I tested, I think, but anyway I will not enable it then.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

If you persistently get this message Carlos when attempting an installation of this addon I suggest you attach your  Orbx Central log and we can get someone from the Orbx Central team to take a look. Also Nick may have some ideas

Hi John

I uninstalled it again and then reinstalled it and it worked

Thank you

Carlos

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

the solution to this should be:

Go to the Orbx Central Downloader page and click on Clear for the Temporary files.

If you made a backup, remove that temporarily from its folder.

Try verify files again.

Thank you Nick for the info

It is currently working

I have tested with only Orbx Central products and it works

As I have set the addon linker I'll be adding the third party payware by country, and then testing. At some point it should revealed the area of conflict then the specific product

Thanks a lot to all

Cheers

Carlos

Archived