IN RE VECTOR

shermank

After reading some recent comments about Vector in 5.2 and whether it is needed or not, I installed it yesterday. So far, aside from the additional load time, I have no noticed any real differences. I will keep it active for a while for no special reason except interest in whether it makes any difference.

Sherm

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Jack,

it's been out for a year, free to those who already own Vector for any other simulator.

P3D v5 has its own updated vector data but the Orbx product offers a few more options and

when it was released, it also fixed some anomalies in the default data.

Whether you need it is a matter of choice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

it's been out for a year, free to those who already own Vector for any other simulator.

P3D v5 has its own updated vector data but the Orbx product offers a few more options and

when it was released, it also fixed some anomalies in the default data.

Whether you need it is a matter of choice.

Thanks Nick.  Gosh, I've really been out of the loop.  I have it for V4 so I'm gonna have to try it today in 5.2. I always liked Vector.  Why do you say whether I need it?  

• Like 1

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Hello javk,

because of the substantial update to the vector data in P3D v5, the difference between default and Vector is less obvious.

Thanks Nick.  I see, but I only did the Client, not Content or Scenery so will that make a difference?

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

No, the vector update has been there since P3D v5 was released.

If you want all the updates though, it is far better to update all

three parts.

Thanks again Nick.  That would involve far too much work than I have time for.  I think I'd have to re-do a lot of things like FSUIPC, not sure really.  I'm too busy with other things now.

On 6/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello javk,

because of the substantial update to the vector data in P3D v5, the difference between default and Vector is less obvious.

You also get a few more art assets with Vector, including highway underlays, and Railroads.  Also, Prime, Secondary, and Tertiary road networks as well.