ObjectFlow

Hi! 

Already did 3 freshest installs, but Orbx Object Flow is crashing my P3D v5.2. before start. 

Event Log: 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.2.18.27565, time stamp: 0x60befcbd
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x3a18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7615bd3d149dd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

It's certainly is OF, because when I turn it off, P3D starts normally.

Couldn't find any real solution here, please help! 

Hello

Are you installing Object Flow into your P3Dv5.2 ?

It must be installed into it's own library outside your sim.

As an example you will see mine is on E: drive but my P3Dv5.2 is on F: drive.

It only needs to be a folder with a name of your choice that you point Orbx Central to in settings.

P3Dv5.2 Object Flow.jpg

8 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello

Are you installing Object Flow into your P3Dv5.2 ?

It must be installed into it's own library outside your sim.

As an example you will see mine is on E: drive but my P3Dv5.2 is on F: drive.

It only needs to be a folder with a name of your choice that you point Orbx Central to in settings.

P3Dv5.2 Object Flow.jpg

It's installed in my Orbx Library in C:\Users\UserName... 

Should I maybe move it to a different library outside the USers folder? 

• 3 months later...

Hi Juergen

Your Objectflow is not installed in your C:\users file structure, so this does not apply to you, but it got me thinking. Do you maybe have two instances of Objectflow installed? I could not see second one in any of your files, but please have a look at the below topic.

You could also uninstall Objectflow, then create a new library just for it alone and see what happens.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/182553-double-instances-of-objectflow-2/

I have now deactivated all but the Orbx sceneries plus Libraries and ObjectFlow in the add-ons.cfg as well as edited my scenery.cfg to only load the default files but no user i installed ones.

Furthermore I have deinstalled and erased my ObjectFlow from the General Orbx Library, created a new one on yet another external drive and installed it there, let the Central do the sync job and started P3D.....

Same old outcome: C T D   about three seconds after getting a window saying that it was building a new data base....

It seems to me that we are somehow going in circles and the result does not change. So it will be best to let this rest and live with a few sceneries not correctly displayed (which is still better than a black screen....)

Thank you once more and have a good and successful week ahead

Cheers

Juergen

No, Nick, never since the old FTX Central is gone.....

And even then all Orbx stuff was stored in a subdirectory within the sim which again was not installled on C: but on D: for versions 3 and 4 of P3D and before....

Thanks for trying to help!

11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Could you try doing that?

Doing WHAT, please?

This is somehow out or context I am afraid and your reply is not related to my message posted 1 hour earlier than your reply .....

Perhaps it was meant for somebody else?

Thank you for a more precise description of what exactly you would like me to do.

Cheers

Juergen

2 hours ago, Tortuga47 said:

Doing WHAT, please?

This is somehow out or context I am afraid and your reply is not related to my message posted 1 hour earlier than your reply .....

Perhaps it was meant for somebody else?

Thank you for a more precise description of what exactly you would like me to do.

Cheers

Juergen

I think this is the relevant request:

have you at any point installed objectflow on your C drive?

1 hour ago, John Dow said:

I think this is the relevant request:

have you at any point installed objectflow on your C drive?

I have answered that and the answer is NO. So what does Rick want me to DO now? That is my question.....

He said above: "Could you try doing that?"   Hence my question of "doing WHAT precisely?" :huh:

Edited by Tortuga47

Same result. It does not matter WHERE the dll is stored, as soon as it is set to ACTIVE=true, it produces the CTD....

Sorry for that, but it seems I have to live without it (and it is good to know that I am not the only one with this issue

Thank you again and have a great day

Cheers

Juergen

I can only start P3D with this setting:
inative.thumb.jpg.606fd1226d3a4aa587d0709981806ece.jpg

Edited by Tortuga47

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 3:04 PM, Tortuga47 said:

Same result. It does not matter WHERE the dll is stored, as soon as it is set to ACTIVE=true, it produces the CTD....

Sorry for that, but it seems I have to live without it (and it is good to know that I am not the only one with this issue

Thank you again and have a great day

Cheers

Juergen

I can only start P3D with this setting:
inative.thumb.jpg.606fd1226d3a4aa587d0709981806ece.jpg

Hey, Tortuga. I was wondering if you are using an NVIDIA card? I am having the exact same issue and all of the troubleshooting, including a fresh, from the ground up, install of P3d didn't fix the issue. I'm thinking it might be related to my card and/or its drivers.

53 minutes ago, utexgrad said:

Hey, Tortuga. I was wondering if you are using an NVIDIA card? I am having the exact same issue and all of the troubleshooting, including a fresh, from the ground up, install of P3d didn't fix the issue. I'm thinking it might be related to my card and/or its drivers.

Actually I  do, I have a Geforce 2080 with 8GB VRAM, and it seems there are problems with the latest drivers, so I reverted to version 461 and all runs fine EXCEPT when I set ObjectFlow to active. That leads to a CTD as before......
Too bad, but as you said "it seems I have to live without it" :ph34r:

Have a great weekend nevertheless!