Object Flow not showing up in Scenery Library

Hi Orbx team,

I have recently noticed that ESSA runway textures are no longer showing up in P3Dv4.5.

image.thumb.png.fa2a9b633ae921d8b3642d633f3bba23.png

The issue seems to be related to Object Flows v2, it will not show up in the P3d scenery library.

I uninstalled Object Flows 2, created a new library, re-installed Object Flows 2 in the new library, restarted the PC, restarted P3D, pop-up message "Do you want to activate Object Flow v2 (or something like that)" > Yes

There is no instance in > Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Textures still do not show up correctly, no entry in the scenery library.

Scenery.Cfgadd-ons.cfg

I followed instructions of the following posts:

[useful tip] Solutions for problems with ObjectFlow - Orbx Central Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

[resolved] ESSA Ground problem - objectflow not working - Orbx Central Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

Reagrds

Thomas

add-ons.cfg Scenery.Cfg

Hello Thomas,

I see this at the foot of your add-ons.cfg file:

[Package.22]
PATH=F:\Addons\Utilities\Orbx\p3dv4\Orbx ObjectFlow
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

so it should be working and visible in the add-ons list in P3D v4.

You could try verify files for ESSA perhaps?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the prompt response!

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

so it should be working and visible in the add-ons list in P3D v4

By add-ons list in P3Dv4, do you mean the scenery library? Object Flow 2 is not listed (even at lower priorities), should it be?

image.thumb.png.d20cd73976805db5c689937415ef2b2a.png

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

You could try verify files for ESSA perhaps?

I have verified the ESSA files and even reinstalled the airport, no joy.

My P3D version is 4.5.14.34698

Thomas

Hi

No, Objectflow will not install to the scenery.cfg (scenery library).

It requires an external folder and will show in the P3D Add-ons list as in the image below.

So, you will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow , then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder, which is the scenery.cfg (scenery library).

OF Add-ons.PNG

• Thanks 1

Hi Doug,

Orbx ObjectFlow 2 is listed in P3D Add-ons.

As per my original post, I have already attempted to create a new library and then re-install OF2. I have since done the same using another library on my C:drive, no joy.

I have never had issues with ESSA before, I have used this scenery for several years. Not sure what causes the error. 

I have installed P3Dv5 (separate HD) and sub sequentially uninstalled it approx 9 month ago. I have been using MSFS for the past 7 month but decided to do a flight in P3Dv4 last weekend when I discovered the error. 

Thomas 

image.thumb.png.93a8ca10ecab14928ab569278ee04049.png

image.png

Hello,

for reasons that are so far not known, numerous customers find that Objectflow does not work if

it is installed into a library inside the Users folder, as yours is.

Please create a new Orbx Central Library, ideally at C:\Orbx Central Library, uninstall Objectflow

from the Users folder and install it into your new Library at C:\Orbx Central Library.

Then see if it works again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

I, too, am now having problems with ObjectFlow: each time I start Prepar3Dv5.1 I get the message: "Enable add-on: "Orbx ObjectFlow"?

I noticed it was installed in my Scenery Library, so, following the instructions above I uninstalled it and re-booted. When I loaded P3Dv5 again, I got the same message, so I looked in my Scenery Library in my C drive - it wasn't there. So I looked in my exterior Libarary at F:/Orbx Add-Ons/ and found the file there. Great, I thought - that's what the instructions recommend. However on loading I still get the same message: "Enable add-on: "Orbx ObjectFlow"?

Is there still something I need to do? Or will I now always get this message on start-up? BTW my runway textures at ESSA on rwy 26 are superb!

Edited by roadrabbit

Hi Roadarabbit

Why don't you delete the Orbx Object flow Flow folder?

Then, open the sim. It should not desplay any enable request message

Then close it

Open central and install Orbx Object flow again in the folder instructed by Nick, exit

Open the sim, it should request to enable the addon, do so and once loaded close it

Open it again, it should not request the enable again

I no longer have P3D but I remember there is a line in the addons menu for this addon, ensure you only have one entry

Test and revert with results

Cheers

Carlos

Hello,

I have seen elsewhere that if the add-on.cfg  and/or the scenery_add-ons.xml file are set to read only, then the settings will not persist.

Could it be that, or perhaps your Windows permissions that are set to prevent writing to those files?

Hi Nick,

I have just checked the (several instances of) the add-on.cfg file and the scenery_add-ons.xml file and none are "read only".

The trouble started when I noticed that on P3Dv5.1 start up it asked me if I wanted to "Enable Add-on Orbx ObjectFlow"?  I selected "Yes" and carried on as normal. I then saw that this message came up every time I started  P3Dv5.1 which was odd, as other add-ons asked the question once, then remembered the answer and did not require activation at subsequent start-ups. 

I tried doing a clean re-install of Orbx Object Flow (described previously) but with no success. Then P3Dv5.1 started giving CTD to the point it was unusable. It would load up splash screens as far as the aircraft type and airport location selection, but on entering the data it would CTD. However I eventually got it to start up the default F35 at Randolph Airbase. Looking at my Scenery Library showed nearly all my scenery add-ons (UK2000 airports, FlyTampa airports, FSDG airports, etc., had moved and were now showing greyed-out and half-way down my Scenery Library list (and so unmovable). If I then tried to load any of these I got a CTD, or an odd layout where my Orbx LC scenery overlaid the airports scenery. This was solved by re-installing each of the airports in turn, which put them at the top of the Scenery Library list (still greyed-out) and made them usable with no CTD.

I still get the message "Enable Add-on Orbx ObjctFlow"? on start.

I notice that Orbx ObjectFlow appears in the Scenery Library listing, but unticked. If I tick it I get an error message:

"Scenery.cfg file error. Could not find scenery Area.161's local scenery directory: F\Orbx Library\p3dv5\Orbx ObjectFlow\SCENERY

Would you like to unload this area"?

Should Orbx ObjectFlow actually appear in the Scenery Library list? Should I remove it from the list? It actually also appears in the Add-ons list when selected from the P3Dv5.1 start splash screen. Also, just to confirm, my Orbx ObjectFlow is in location F://Orbx Library/p3dv5 all on its own and away from my P3Dv5.1 folders.

Edited by roadrabbit

Hello,

there should be no objectflow entry in the scenery library and you can safely delete that one.

Objectflow is installed just where it should be but if the request to enable it persists, there must be something

that is preventing the .cfg and/or .xml files from saving when you exit P3D.

Could it be Windows permissions, or even anti virus or anti malware software?

I have now checked the Windows permissions. Having accessed the Orbx ObjectFlow\add-on.xml file mentioned above, I have gone into file>Properties>Security>Advanced and confirm that Administrators and System have Full control, Authenticated Users have Modify control, and Users have Read & execute control.

Have checked the ‪C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery_add-ons.xml file permissions.  Have gone into file>Properties>Security>Advanced and confirm that Authenticated Users, Administrators and System have Full control, and Users have Read & execute control.

Also checked the AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg file with similar result.

These results apply equally to my copies of Prepar3Dv4.5

Anti-virus and malware prevention apps are not a problem.

Edited by roadrabbit
additional details

Subsequent to my previous: I have just uninstalled Orbx ObjectFlow, re-booted, successfully loaded the default F35 at Randolph Airbase, and flown a circuit. All my add-on aircraft sceneries, although listed under the sub-menu <Add-ons> are still within the <Scenery Library> sub-menu, BUT were then listed below all my Orbx FTX scenery files and were therefore unusable. They were greyed-out so I have had to move them higher up the listings using Orbx Central's 'insertion point' routine.

Should I just forget the ObjectFlow app and reload all my airport sceneries? What will I lose?

Edited by roadrabbit
additional details

Hello,

I would expect that if you go to the Orbx Central Insertion Point page and set

the Insertion Point to the recommended position that you will see on that page,

your scenery library will show your Orbx products underneath all your other addons.

Thanks Nick - I did realise I could do this (it was getting late!) and I have managed to 'rescue' them.

What about ObjectFlow - is it worth persisting in trying to solve the problem? As I say, what will I lose by not installing it? At present am in flight without it and don't notice any difference.

Hello,

objectflow is the means used to change things at airports that alter with time and season.

It controls windsocks at payware airports but not at Orbx Regions' airports.

It depends on how the payware airport was made but ESSA, as an example, does ot

look as it should without objectflow.

• 5 months later...

Hello NIck and all others,

I have been reading this thread with a high level of  interest, because I have a similar or related problem it seems.

After updating my Prepar3d program to version 5.2.22.27615 (following your advice to de-install and then do a full res-installation) I have lost the beauty of most of my sceneries, as they are no longer showing objects or even runway markings sometimes.

I understand that this might have to do with a lacking "Orbx ObjectFlow" and I have tried all kinds of ways to get that to show up in the list of my add-ons.

The proper files are located on a seperate disk in my Orbx Library, but they do not show up as add-on (and not in the scenery.cfg as expected...).

I have deleted and reinstalled that library through Orbx Central, checked integrity and synchronised, but to no avail so far.

Therefore I would appreciate your help and sugestions on how to get Object Flow (and perhaps the Orbx liberaries as well....) added to my list of add-ons and to get it loaded and used for the correct display of the Orbx sceneries.

THANK YOU!

Juergen 

Hi Juergen

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

After having uploaded my files just above, I played around some more and could eliminate a set of duplicate entries with the LORBI tool. The resulting files are attached below.

Unfortunately that did not change my situation with respect to objects and elements not showing in the sceneries, which is particularly disturbing for KTVL or EGLC.....

I hope you can help.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Juergen

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml

Thanks Juergen

Your scenery install is in extreme disarray and I believe your troubles are not limited to Orbx Objectflow, although I can not find any reference to it in your attached files.

I suspect a large portion of the problem is your use of the Lorby tool, not that there is anything wrong with the tool, but more so maybe how it is being used. I do not use it so I can not advise on it's use.

All of your Orbx items seem to be installed to an external library, but yet somehow have been manually edited to your scenery.cfg (internal library)file instead of automatically added to your add-ons.cfg (external library)which is empty, this is a completely incorrect method of install and it is not possible for Orbx Central to do this. 

The first step to a possible repair would be to fire up the simulator, open up the scenery library and delete all of the Orbx items (this will not delete the products from the folder, it will only prevent P3D from seeing them temporarily). Please do not touch the Lorby tool while we are trying to help you with this. 

Do not open Orbx Central at this time.

Then, restart the simulator and let it rebuild the scenery.cfg file.

Then shut down the simulator and repost a copy of the three above files please.

Thank you Doug, for your suggestions.

In fact, there IS a problem with my add-ons.cfg file, as it leads P3D to a CTD whenever there is more than nothing in it. It works even without that cfg file and I can use the sim, with the wrong display of Orbx sceneries though....

I might just start from scratch to see what happens when the sceneries from my library on the external drive populate the add-ons.cfg file....

It does not matter, if I activate them or not, until now at least, it simply crashes and all I can do is to erase that cfg file and start again.

I am not quite sure what you mean, when you say: ".... open up the scenery library and delete all of the Orbx items (this will not delete the products from the folder, it will only prevent P3D from seeing them temporarily)."

Do you mean the scenery.cfg file? Or indeed the library with all Orbx sceneries (which would DELETE the files unless I only rename them, right?)....

I assume it is the cfg file you are talking about as that is where those files should not be listed, if I understand your explanation correctly...

I shall let you know what I can find and give a report on any progress.

Have a great weekend and thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Juergen

Edited by Tortuga47
added question and attached files
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks Juergen

Then, restart the simulator and let it rebuild the scenery.cfg file.

Then shut down the simulator and repost a copy of the three above files please.

I just did that an hour ago. See my message above your last one (received the same message twice, but now it has vanished)....

Thank you for your patience and advice

Cheers
Juergen

Edited by Tortuga47
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tortuga47 said:

I am not quite sure what you mean, when you say: ".... open up the scenery library and delete all of the Orbx items (this will not delete the products from the folder, it will only prevent P3D from seeing them temporarily)."

Hi Juergen

I meant for you to select each Orbx item in the scenery library individually and delete them one at a time until they are all gone before you select OK, that way the rest of the scenery.cfg would remain intact.

But we can most certainly use the scenery.cfg that you posted last, it looks good and so far free of any Orbx.

The next step would be to run the repair function for P3Dv5 by clicking on the Setup exe from the main P3D download pictured below.

P3Dv5 Setup exe.PNG

Then run and test the simulator without any Orbx but using the last scenery.cfg file you posted above.

Then if all seems well, close the sim.

Then open Orbx Central and install Orbx Objectflow. Let it install to your existing library of G:\Orbx LIBRARY\p3dv5. Select it if it gives you a choose.

Then go to settings\Insertion Point and select your EDVK Kassal as the lowest non Orbx 3rd party entry using the image below as a guide.

OC Insertion Points.PNG

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function, and wait for the green success banner.

Then close Orbx Central and fire up the simulator and enable the huge list of Orbx add-ons.

Hello Doug,

and a BIG thank you for your clear instructions! When I  asked earlier, I  was not aware that "scenery library" is the term used internally by LM to designate the list of installed scenery in the Options menu, but now all is crystal clear and I did as you suggested just the "manual" way by editing out all Orbx related entries and renumbering the remaining ones. The result would be the same as  it seems ;-)

I have then started and tested that setup and found no glitches.

So I went on the next step - repairing the P3D5 installation - with no errors.... All files are of version 5.2.22.27615

To be sure that ObjectFlow got installed correctly I  erased that directory from my Orbx Library first, then startet Orbx Central version 4.1.40.786 and installed ObjectFlow into my (only) Library on the external drive...

I set the insertion point as per your instructions to EDVK Kassel [Area.132] and started P3D5 again.

After starting up I was asked to enable all add-ons found in my Orbx Library, and I clicked YES on each one.

It worked for some time, created and filled a add-ons.cfg file, built a data base and.......  

CRASHED  !!!

Here are the files for your inspection (all found in the ProgramData directory) as well as the error log file....

I do hope that you can find a culprit here as it seems to be back to square one :-(

THANK YOU, Doug, and do not let this spoil your weekend, please !

Cheers

Juergen

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml ContentErrors.txt

Edited by Tortuga47

Thanks Juergen, you are very welcome!  :)

All your files look good now.

So are you saying that P3D crashes while building the data base? If so, then try again after first a cut and paste the existing scenery,cfg to the desktop. Also, if there are an Oldscenery.cfg and a Newscenery.cfg in the same location, I would also move them to desktop or just delete them.

Then start the sim again and let it try another rebuild of the scenery.cfg.

If that still doesn't work, then go to the P3D root folder and locate the "Delete Generated files" exe shortcut and run it. You will then need to run the sync simulator function again in Orbx Central, and also all your P3D settings will be back to default and need to be reset by you.

Delete Generated Files.PNG

Hi Doug,

again - THANK YOU!

I shall do as you suggest, but it is already a bit late over here and I shall sleep over it, then attack the problem with fresh energy tomorrow :-)

Have a good Sunday and a good night!

Cheers

Juergen

• Like 1

Good morning Doug:

I did as you suggested, but my P3D5 still crashed...... :-(

So, I started to experiment a bit and finally came to the setup with the attached files. In that configuration it does not crash any more, but KTVL still looks really weird, as you can see in the attached picture.

I found that with ALL Orbx elements set to ACTIVE except ObjectFlow there is no crash! So it seems very likely that the culprit here is ObjectFlow itself ;-)

When I set that to ACTIVE in the list of add-ons (as attached) I get a warning message to the avail that it might be necessary to restart the sim and once I do that, it CASHES.

It seems to me that there is some kind of incompatibility between P3D5.2+2 and the Orbx Object Flow files that lead to this behavior. The question is now: am I the only one to eperience this problem or is it more general? There might be some unique element in my sim in the first case, or it might be the combination of active add-ons in the latter...

For the time being and as far as I could reveal until now, this is limited to the display of KTVL, the few other sceneries I tried look OK even without ObjectFlow set to active (see for example KMRY attached here).

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to narrow this down further and to find out what the problem related to ObjectFlow is, I would be very glad to apply them and hope that the issue will go away soon.

I shall keep you posted on anything else I might find......

Thank you again very much for your help and patience!

Have a good start into the new week and take care,

Cheers

Juergen

P.S.

I attached the jpg files, but they show up as part of the text..... First is KTVL without any objects, second is KMRY looking just fine, third is add-on list with ObjectFlow showing as INACTIVE

KTVL.jpg

KMRY.jpg

ADD-ONS.jpg

Edited by Tortuga47
explanation for pics
  • Like 1

Hi Juergen

Thanks for all the info.

Objectflow has not been a problem for anyone else, when it is properly installed and working. It is also required, but could serve different functions for each individual Orbx product.

So, I would try now by unchecking/deactivating all your non Orbx 3rd party items in both your scenery library and the add-ons menu.

I would also do a verify files of all Orbx products from within Orbx Central.

Hello Doug,

my impression is different, as I am certainly not the only one having issues with ObjectFLow and the last hotfix of Prepar3D. Just take these examples:

!. 

3. https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/209385-object-flow-crash-p3dv52-hf2-before-start/?do=findComment&comment=1775077

4. https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/196910-p3dv5-crash-with-objectflow-enabled/?do=findComment&comment=1688440

and some more even,,,,,

It seems that there is an incompatibility issue between ObjectFlow and the latest update of P3D and there also seems to be no solution so far.

I´ll just wait and live without ObjectFlow then for the time being, trying to avoid to fly to places where that addon is needed to correctly display the scenery.

It would be VERY helpful to have a list of all sceneries that REQUIRE ObjectFlow to work properly, something that has been requested  in the forums quite some time ago already but never been answered by some Orbx authority :-(

There is one dll file that seems to cause problems when combined with ObjectFlow, and that is ucrtbase.dll.

Thank you for all your help and your patience to go through this learning process with me.

Have a great week and take good care of yourself and your loved ones,

Cheers

Juergen

Edited by Tortuga47

Hi Juergen

I said "Objectflow has not been a problem for anyone else, when it is properly installed and working." 

I hope you have very carefully read all those topics you refer to above to get an idea of the issues, Is there a common cause or solution?

But of course as you can see there are many different factors that Orbx has no control over, like any piece of software, and can only do their best to help trouble shoot what the cause of the issue really is.

Have you tried the other suggestions I have provided? Especially running your sim without the other 3rd party items?

Have you checked for a second instance of an Objectflow installation on your system?

I think we have found that the vast majority of issues with Objectflow are caused by other factors out of our control.

We have also found that if a PC users name has an unusual character in it, will cause problems for other software using .xml files. Could this be the case for you?

For info here is a copy of my event log with the crash logged:

Level Date and Time    Source     Event ID      Task Category

Error 10.10.2021 19:39:42    Application Error 1000  (100) "Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.2.22.27615, time stamp: 0x60db69bf

Faulting module name: Orbx_ObjectFlow_v3.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ecb08a9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000001319c

Faulting process id: 0x4fc4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d7bdfd6f88b23a

Faulting application path: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: G:\Orbx LIBRARY\p3dv5\Orbx ObjectFlow\bin\Orbx_ObjectFlow_v3.dll

Report Id: 7d0590bc-11df-4b63-99f1-af8ced3a9db6

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: "

Error 10.10.2021 19:39:41    .NET Runtime      1026  None  Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFE99EC319C

Hope this helps....

Thank your for bearing with me on this, Doug!

Juergen

53 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

Have you tried creating a new library for a new install of Objectflow only?

Have you tried doing a verify files of all your other Orbx products?

You said "Objectflow has not been a problem for anyone else, when it is properly installed and working." and the key word is WORKING here I  guess. It is certainly not working on my setup so far, but I think it is properly installed.....

Yep, tried both already yesterday, still no difference though...

It is pretty obvious that there is some kind of incompatibilty between the ObjectFLow dll file and the other dll file named ucrtbase.dll for quite a few users. My event log does not mention that file, though, only ObjectFlow.dll and prepar3d.exe, in another section also kernelbase.dll

No unusual names or characters, nothing of the suggested methods has helped so far. There is also no second instance of ObjectFlow anywhere to be found...

I have not yet tried to run with Orbx software alone, no other addons, though.

I will give that a test and see if that leads us somewhere....

Talk to you later then

Juergen

Edited by Tortuga47
  • Like 1

Status report...

I have now deactivated all but the Orbx sceneries plus Libraries and ObjectFlow in the add-ons.cfg as well as edited my scenery.cfg to only load the default files but no user i installed ones.

Furthermore I have deinstalled and erased my ObjectFlow from the General Orbx Library, created a new one on yet another external drive and installed it there, let the Central do the sync job and started P3D.....

Same old outcome: C T D   about three seconds after getting a window saying that it was building a new data base....

It seems to me that we are somehow going in circles and the result does not change. So it will be best to let this rest and live with a few sceneries not correctly displayed (which is still better than a black screen....)

Thank you once more and have a good and successful week ahead

Cheers

Juergen

12 hours ago, Tortuga47 said:

For info here is a copy of my event log with the crash logged:
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FFE99EC319C

Hello,

the internet thinks that this is the key to your problem and says:

Exception code c0000005 is the code for an access violation. That means that your program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights. Most commonly this is caused by:

Accessing a stale pointer. That is accessing memory that has already been deallocated. Note that such stale pointer accesses do not always result in access violations. Only if the memory manager has returned the memory to the system do you get an access violation.
Reading off the end of an array. This is when you have an array of length N and you access elements with index >=N.
To solve the problem you'll need to do some debugging. If you are not in a position to get the fault to occur under your debugger on your development machine you should get a crash dump file and load it into your debugger. This will allow you to see where in the code the problem occurred and hopefully lead you to the solution. You'll need to have the debugging symbols associated with the executable in order to see meaningful stack traces.

That seems to be a guide for developers not users on how to do better programming.....

It certainly does not help me any further, because I do not really understand the terminology, sorry.

Seems to me it is about time to give up on this and live with the limitations a non-active ObjectFlow.dll entails :-(

Thank you for your support

Regards

Juergen