PAPI light on RWY 08 on LOWI (Innsbruck) doesn't work? (And floating lights)

Hi

Did my first landing on RWY 08 in LOWI and the PAPI lights didn't seem to work. There were also some floating lights in the air in the approach which was very annoying. Can you please look at this?

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Doug. Having deleted default ASOBO airport and still white/bright PAPI lights all the way even though I'm on purpose flying below glideslope. Looks like they are bright/ white no matter what.

No problems in other airports.

There is a thread about the Papi's (link below), apparently the Papi's need fixing by Asobo according to Orbx. The floating lights are a well documented issue and affect lots of scenery addons, and the SDK needs addressing by Asobo so that the developers can remove them.

[answered] LOWI PAPI - Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

2 hours ago, AndyM01 said:

There is a thread about the Papi's (link below), apparently the Papi's need fixing by Asobo according to Orbx. The floating lights are a well documented issue and affect lots of scenery addons, and the SDK needs addressing by Asobo so that the developers can remove them.

[answered] LOWI PAPI - Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

I think Nick's reply is not in regards of the Papis. Since the PAPIs do work in the MSFS default version of LOWI, it looks like the PAPI issue is an Orbx one.

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

I think Nick's reply is not in regards of the Papis. Since the PAPIs do work in the MSFS default version of LOWI, it looks like the PAPI issue is an Orbx one.

OK thanks, I thought he was referring to both issues. In that case, it would be nice if Orbx would finally fix the PAPI's.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer to the question was this:

These relate to the floating lights in the sky and the interference of the Asobo version with the Orbx version.

and these two problems remain unsolved.

It was not suggested that either the PAPI lights of the conflicting windsocks were still an Asobo problem, given how

many updates to MSFS there have been with variable effects on things that had previously been fixed.

The two outstanding problems, the PAPI and the windsocks are resolved.

Archived