Just a quick question.

Dadtom65

I had the PA28 Arrow for P3D so got a discount for the MSFS Version and says to do a copy and paste of the code for the new version. But it’s not working. I know I will have to contact Just Flight but just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. Thanks Derek.

12 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Just thought maybe you cannot do it yet until it’s out. Derek.

Exactly Derek - JF have not yet released it -Probably Sat.

I -meanwhile to get a decent GA bird to fly around in England- bought the Carenado version - less expensive

I will take the advantage of the discount on JF - because they have the version - instrument  wise - that I flew   

many hours in in the 70s - and to all accounts - very realistic

Can I ask another question John. I use my iPad a lot for just general stuff and had the shortcut for Orbx on it but something happened awhile ago and now I can not add the site to my iPad. Well I can but have to go into the Orbx site and then it will add it. Strange. Thanks Derek.

10 hours ago, David Woodford said:

the msfs Carenado Arrow is broken since Update 3

surprise surprise

After the upgrade - I cant get either my new Carenado Arrow - or Seminole started

even with Control+E

I knew I should have left MSFS alone and not spend a load of dosh on Orbx and Carenado - 

but the Orbx cityscapes were to good to miss:banghead:

Roll on X Box

I have had confirmation from Carenado that the flight dynamics were completely knacked by the latest update. Mine for example acts like the wings have fallen off if you add any flaps.. here’s the email i got

Carenado Support, Mar 10, 2021, 18:21 GMT-3:

Greetings,

We have received reports of problems with the flaps and drag of our aircraft, unfortunately our last aircraft (PA28R) was submitted 10 days ago to Microsoft and the last MSFS2020 update modified its flight dynamics. We reiterate our apologies, problem that will be solved shortly, thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Carenado.”

I bought the JF Arrow - and so far have crashed 3 times on take off

All it wants to do is Barrell roll:ph34r:

I agree about the Carenado - when engaging 1st Flap - I did a loop into the ocean at Gibraltar

I managed to start the Seminole at last - and actually made my first flight with the 3 new aircraft

----- without the GPS - just a blank screen - from Liverpool and actually made a greaser at Barton

nil illigitimum carborundum:banghead:

1 hour ago, ravenn22 said:

The Seminole used to default to fuel shut-off in the off position, and they're hard to see in-between the seats...  I missed them more than once in cold/dark starts. CTRL+E should have worked, though.

Thanks - I did find that -but the first time I tried to switch - the mouse would'nt work

I'll check the default tip next time I even think about using MSFS again for a while

9 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I bought the JF Arrow - and so far have crashed 3 times on take off

All it wants to do is Barrell roll:ph34r:

I didn't encounter that problem in testing, last flight I did yesterday was very smooth and all went well......

11 hours ago, wain71 said:

I didn't encounter that problem in testing, last flight I did yesterday was very smooth and all went well......

Did you have 1 stage of flaps set for T.O. ??

I didnt try it without - because in the real World (Arrow11)  she took too long to take off without 1 stage

However - I will give another try sometime - when Asobo finally get this flap problem sorted

4 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Did you have 1 stage of flaps set for T.O. ??

I didnt try it without - because in the real World (Arrow11)  she took too long to take off without 1 stage

However - I will give another try sometime - when Asobo finally get this flap problem sorted

John yes flaps first setting, I did just run it again just to confirm and all was good, very smooth and stable on takeoff...

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

John yes flaps first setting, I did just run it again just to confirm and all was good, very smooth and stable on takeoff...

Hi Wain

Well !! - 5 times of trying - checked every setting - crashed each time on Take Off in JF Arrow

Fine down the runway - 80knots - lift off - trim just above neutral - no flap - left wing drops  - finish upside down 

90 degrees on side of runway -    every time -no different

Tried the Carenado - lift off good - flew around 1/2 hour - tried to land - dropped 1 flap - and flew to the heavens

and was as expected until Carenado come thro with mod and Asobo dont stuff it up

I seem to remember some months ago when I took off the cessna 172 - it also looped and next time I tried -I had to fight it

and it has been good since

Any ideas - anyone ????????

not sure what's going on, I just flew Southend to Bristol and she was as smooth as ever, takeoff with flaps at first setting was level and no abrupt movement, could it be a control setting?......sorry I can't help anymore......

BINGO !!!!!!

My thanks to you all for the suggestions -but especially to Wain for staying the pace:)

If was you who asked that question of JF - please go back and tick the YES box!!!!

I just completed my first Arrow take off smoothly - did a good circuit - and a greased landing:)

I admit to cheating a little with the easy setting - but the new one - Modern - worked - and to surprise me

once I got the feeling - the 45 years since I flew the real one - it all came back to me

With this setting I will just have to relearn all the other A/C  - licensed to fly -  from those days:unsure:

3 hours ago, John Heaton said:

BINGO !!!!!!

My thanks to you all for the suggestions -but especially to Wain for staying the pace:)

If was you who asked that question of JF - please go back and tick the YES box!!!!

I just completed my first Arrow take off smoothly - did a good circuit - and a greased landing:)

I admit to cheating a little with the easy setting - but the new one - Modern - worked - and to surprise me

once I got the feeling - the 45 years since I flew the real one - it all came back to me

With this setting I will just have to relearn all the other A/C  - licensed to fly -  from those days:unsure:

nice one John glad you got it sorted, I brought it up with Martyn at JF on our testing platform and he pointed me there and said to get you to try it.....

On 3/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, John Heaton said:

FYI

all those who bought the Arrow for MSFS should have recd. an email telling you that 

a new version - 0-2-0 is now available on your account

Now - today 27th - version 0-3-0  from JF

Archived