One from Tweed MSFS.

Iain Emms

Nice shot Iain.

I'm always curious when a new airport comes along as regards which aircraft can realistically get in & out.

The data I have puts RWY's 02/20 at 5,603' & if I am correct, some of the promo shots are using an A320, [or my plane spotting is way off]

Anyway I found data suggesting an A320 needs about 6,400' to take off. Of course that could be fully loaded & so on & 1/2 load & fuel could possibly get one in & out.

Looking at the history of Tweed New Haven it appears they need to lengthen the main runway to retain services, but there is opposition to that. I think American Eagle is their last regular visitor, out of Philadelphia.

That aside, with the plethora of MSFS airports flooding the market from various sources, I hadn't paid much attention to KHVN, but a re-examination this morning of the various promo shots suggested it has character, it has a seaside location, trees & townships, & the airport 'clutter' & overall ambience  is nicely done. Plus it has a Cat 1 ILS capability for Rwy 02!

And I was encouraged by the generosity of the intro price.

It looks ideal for GA flights around the NY & New England regions so I will be venturing out from Tweed, probably later today.

Here endeth the ramble.

TTM

Archived