No working ILS on any Orbx products

Good Morning,

I firstly want to start by saying I LOVE how amazing the Orbx airports look however I have now had the same problem on every single airport I have purchased and I no longer want to purchase anymore Orbx airports until I can get help on how to fix this issue.

I have purchased the following through the MSFS marketplace.

LEBL Barcelona 

EGLC London City

EDDT Berlin

EGNM Leeds Bradford 

EDLP Paderborn 

LOWI Innsbruck (doesn't use ILS) 

All the above look stunning and I love the work HOWEVER none of the above have a functioning ILS (with the exception of innsbruck which doesnt use ILS).

I have order numbers for every airport purchased but not sure of I am to post them on here or privately.

Please help, I do want to continue buying your awesome products but not if they dont function.

Thanks

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Can you say what is causing you to make this statement, which appears to be incorrect, please?

By the way, EDDT Berlin is by Gaya Simulations and  EDLP Paderborn is by Aerosoft, so you seem

to be suggesting errors by three different developers.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

However the remaining issues are Orbx related products and they're all acting with the same issues, it's likely to be a Microsoft issue (as per) but I'm just looking for guidance to help with these problems 

17 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Can you say what is causing you to make this statement, which appears to be incorrect, please?

By the way, EDDT Berlin is by Gaya Simulations and  EDLP Paderborn is by Aerosoft, so you seem

to be suggesting errors by three different developers.

Just to Add the only part of my statement which is incorrect is as you say from the wrong developers which takes 2 off of that list and I appreciate the heads up.

The correct part of my statement is with the other Orbx airports as it's still the same issue with no functioning ILS. and I would like to know if anybody has had the same issue or any help on how to resolve this hopefully across the board.

• 2 weeks later...

I had some hit and miss with ILS as well in addon scenery,  it's not exclusive to Orbx but yet it;s an issue.  Azuropolly had no ILS on their latest one which was reported by others on avsim although it did in Navigraph which I can confirm.  Orbx ESMS/Malmo had no navdata at all for the airport until the latest NG Airac released currently so now I can finally land there, the scenery was kinda useless prior.   LEBL had no ILS either on runway 07 wich was actually an MS problem as although NG had data for that one the runway itself did not exist in MSFS itself.  There are definitely still issues but at least with NG it has been better I reckon, I can only assume that this particularly applies to addon airports but even then I had issues where although there was data and I could setup the approach I still had to tune the frequency manually.   Bottom line the issues seem to exist with different causes and solutions but some are clearly still broken no matter what.  I'll have to try EGNM and report back as I don't have the others.

9 minutes ago, stefaandk said:

I had some hit and miss with ILS as well in addon scenery,  it's not exclusive to Orbx but yet it;s an issue.  Azuropolly had no ILS on their latest one which was reported by others on avsim although it did in Navigraph which I can confirm.  Orbx ESMS/Malmo had no navdata at all for the airport until the latest NG Airac released currently so now I can finally land there, the scenery was kinda useless prior.   LEBL had no ILS either on runway 07 wich was actually an MS problem as although NG had data for that one the runway itself did not exist in MSFS itself.  There are definitely still issues but at least with NG it has been better I reckon, I can only assume that this particularly applies to addon airports but even then I had issues where although there was data and I could setup the approach I still had to tune the frequency manually.   Bottom line the issues seem to exist with different causes and solutions but some are clearly still broken no matter what.  I'll have to try EGNM and report back as I don't have the others.

But what you say could also indicate, that the second but least Navigraph airac was faulty.

Or didn't you have Navigraph installed before the release of the last airac, i. e. when you had the issues?

Been using NG for several weeks now, I subscribed prior to buying airports so my analysis will be based on having NG In place.  I don't really use the default data as it's a nightmare to sync with simbrief, stkp.  I could not live without NG since using it.

For ESMS previous NG Airac had no Data, current one does.  Default data not sure if that worked or not as I never tested, I also never flew to this airport using default scenery.

LEBL missing ILS on runway 7 I reported to NG support and they confirmed this was indeed a sim issue given that it's not a selectable runway in the MSFS planner, not sure if that's fixed since.

For the ILS issues I did report to NG Support so far those were not actually related to NG data itself and their support staff was able to provide evidence of the issue being sim related but fundamentally I am confident in claiming that I have 'less' issues with NG data when it comes to ILS's missing from airports compared to the default data based on my usage.  This is then resolved by using NG and that's not based on my own comparisons between the two, that's based on others reporting missing ILS using the default data and me subsequently checking at my end using NG to find that I do have ILS data.

Given that NG for msfs is technically speaking still in beta and with this amount of airports my exposure is undoubtedly limited and there do seem to be a lot of moving parts here, custom scenery, runways assigned with airports in MSFS itself and then the AIRAC data so I'm sure that the mileage of others may vary.

• 3 weeks later...

I see and agree where Dangerzone is coming from as I have the same problem with Orbx London City and Leeds Bradford airports purchased in the sim marketplace (happens with other airports on sim marketplace also).

If you use the default London City Airport ILS (see picture ils3) the ils information shows up on the instrument screen with LS button turned using the A320, but if you use the Orbx London city airport installed the ils frequency is missing in the RAD/NAV (no ils) so does not show up on screen. You need to add it manually for it to work such as 111.15

This is why the ils landing on the A320 does not always work.

ils 3.JPG

no ils 4.JPG

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

As per MHiller - Posted January 30

This is the issue I experience with London City for MSFS 2020 - Also purchased via the SIm Marketplace. 
Typically I fly the A320 NEO. When on approach with LS enabled you should see diamond indicators on the HSI showing localiser and glideslope. These are not appearing. The ILS for the A320 NEO is problematic at time of writing this as you really need to wait until you are right on both localiser and glideslope before enabling them on the autopilot or it will fail to obtain lock. 

I noted in the image that Nick Cooper Posted December 24, 2020, that the diamond indicators on the HSI are also missing. If unsure what I am referring to, look at the image cappy773 Posted February 7

Mind you, I enjoy the thrill of a hands-on landing if it doesn't lock on to the ILS.

Other scenery I have purchased via Orbx Direct appears to work as expected (IE YSSY). SO not sure if this is a Marketplace implementation issue, MSFS general issue or Orbx issue. 

Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HAMNATO said:

Also, no ILS at KSJC (San Jose/Norman Mineta).

Hi @HAMNATO, welcome to the forums, just done a quick test flight and ILS 12R/30L both seem to be working right for me, runway 12L/30R does not have an ILS in real life

ILS 12R

ils1.JPG

ILS2.JPG

ILS 30L

ils3.JPG

Edited by EasternT3

Hey Joe, 

Yeah I was landing 30L last night and nothing. I bought this through the game store. All my stuff is up to date. I looked for an update in case maybe I missed one, but I am on the original Orbx release version of this airport. I shall attempt another approach and see if it works. Also, in the past (when it came out and I bought it), I had nothing on 12L as well--but I guess that IS correct.

After a trial approach going into 30L, you are in fact, correct. There IS ILS there. I got the needles, but not the glidepath or glide slope reference indications (in the purple-ish/magenta color) on the right side of the display next to the altitude or along the bottom of it or the other info on both of the displays like normal.

Regardless, I WAS able to intercept the glideslope and the system worked flawlessly from 3000ft down to the last 100ft or so--although I did have to take control in order to butter the bread...

So I guess the question is, where are my indications/station info? When I cycled the Landing System switch, I DID see the info for the stuff very briefly, but it did not stay displayed. All other switches were in the normal configuration like I always do and get all the info at all the other airports I fly into.