Ice in Summer

Stillwater

This inofficial tour starts at Franz Josef airfield NZFJ, ...

wTEXPlt.jpg

... whilst you could book some official ones at this helipad. https://www.glacierhelicopters.co.nz/

McHonGI.jpg

No matter from where, you should follow Waiho River...

KXWNNgD.jpg

... to Franz Josef Glacier.

yPEmsyC.jpg

Sure we are not just passing over it, ...

N4UE2uE.jpg

... we have the right bird to land and explore.

EHeWWYp.jpg

Before cooling down too much...

sIvlcZY.jpg

... we cross the peaks around Mt. Cook...

yInhh1F.jpg

... and visit the neighboring Fox Glacier for another hike.

15Cx4nj.jpg

Some 500 $ lighter we return into Summer, towards Fox Glacier Helipad NZFH. https://www.glacierhelicopters.co.nz/fox-glacier

ZPPQ97L.jpg

The landscape looks great here, even if it is "just" p3d.

lA66Q4J.jpg

1 hour ago, TerribleT said:

Great shots "just P3D" doubt that FS2020 is that good there yet - I feel a Kiwi excursion coming on soon!

MSFS blows P3D out of the water with the new update today , the real time snow and ice is simply amazing IMHO .

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Stellar set of shots Gerold! :)

My pleasure, Adam...

9 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Enjoyed your shots NZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Been a long time since I did a flight there.

The virtual world is so big, John. I think of flying again in... Australia, Africa, Canada/Alaska, Scandinavia, Papua New Guinea, the Alps... or even the Himalaya.

6 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Great shots "just P3D" doubt that FS2020 is that good there yet - I feel a Kiwi excursion coming on soon!

I think this is a purpose of this forum, to tease each other planning flights in beautiful sceneries...

5 hours ago, BradB said:

I enjoyed your flight Gerold . :):)

Thank you John.

5 hours ago, BradB said:

MSFS blows P3D out of the water with the new update today , the real time snow and ice is simply amazing IMHO .

Always good to read these comparisons, John. The optical effects (especially for scenery inspections or VFR flying) are one thing. 

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Iain!

My pleasure, Adam...

The virtual world is so big, John. I think of flying again in... Australia, Africa, Canada/Alaska, Scandinavia, Papua New Guinea, the Alps... or even the Himalaya.

I think this is a purpose of this forum, to tease each other planning flights in beautiful sceneries...

Thank you John.

Always good to read these comparisons, John. The optical effects (especially for scenery inspections or VFR flying) are one thing. 

I wish I could post shots of NZ at FL350 here on the forum Gerold , it looks just as good up top with MSFS .

Archived