MSFS not detected during Orbx Central installation, can't add manually, and products purchased through website not shown in Central

Thanks Doug and tuisong for the welcome to the forum :) All I see when I click on that menu is "Flight Simulator X" (I have FSX and FS2004) also installed on this PC). I'm running both Orbx Central (v4.1.23) and MSFS on a Windows standard user account installed on the same SSD drive and I purchased the Orbx products through the same account as the one I logged into Orbx Central. Under the General Tab in Settings it only lists Flight Simulator X under "Active Simulator:"

My PC specs are:

• Windows 10
  • Intel i9-9900K
  • Motherboard: MPG Z390
  • 32GB RAM
  • RTX 2080 Super

Orbx Store with MSFS.jpg

Hello,

thanks.

Orbx Central looks for %LOCALAPPDATA%/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/UserCfg.opt

AKA C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

It then reads the file and looks for the final entry, 'InstalledPackagesPath', which must point to the MSFS core files folder.

In my case, that is:  InstalledPackagesPath "G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator"

Hi Nick,

Gave it a go with 4 cycles but again, no luck.

The first time I installed it it detected FSX and had an option to add sims that weren't automatically detected, however, in the drop down menu MSFS wasn't an option.

I'll give it another crack later after a PC restart and some more flying time.

Here we go: UserCfg.opt

• The path to this UserCfg.opt file is:                      C:\Users\Non-Admin User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
  • To the MSFS Official and Community folders is:  C:\Users\Non-Admin User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Package

Yep! That is something I suspect. MSFS and Orbx Central are both installed on the non admin account, however, when running Orbx Central Windows User Account Control asks "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" and requires an admin password

Archived