MSFS 2020 crashes on loading screen - first run alter partial installation

Hi,

I just bought MSFS 2020 on Microsoft Store yesterday and installed it on my PC. After downloading 1,3 GB of data in Xbox app shows Play button. When I click it game starts to run and when it goes to loading screen (this big snowy mountain) it stops and turning off. I tried a lot of tips from many sites like Winows update , drivers update etc nut nothing works so far. Did enyone had something similar witch his copy of MSFS and found the solution?

5 hours ago, karol_peel said:

After downloading 1,3 GB of data

Hello karol. welcome to the forums.

You do not appear to have downloaded MSFS 2020. The first initial install is just under 1GB, then there is approx 95Gb download of MSFS 2020 itself.

If you go to Microsoft Store and your Library with MSFS 2020 it should show an update is available.

At the point when your MSFS is loading and you see this big snowy mountain, that is when you should see MSFS checking for updates.

Also make sure your Win10 is right up to date. I have attached a link to a guide for you.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/08/microsoft-flight-simulator-install-download-issue-tips/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Smudger said:

If you go to Microsoft Store and your Library with MSFS 2020 it should show an update is available.

Smudger, thank you for your help. Microsoft Store shows that MSFS is updated. There’s no option to update the game. I’ve tried to make everything like it’s described in article you linked but nothing worked so far.

Gulfstreamtwo, thank you for information. I’m waiting for opportunity to fly over Mt. Fuji myself but now it seems impossible.

15 hours ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

Karol, FYI, that big snowy mountain is Mt. Fuji in Japan

1 hour ago, karol_peel said:

Microsoft Store shows that MSFS is updated

Karol, I am surprised at that, if you are sure that initially you only downloaded 1.3GB. With all the updates so far, it is now about 125GB.

When I first installed MSFS it took all night. I think that there is another update around the 24th November, hopefully that will sort out your situation.

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 1:45 PM, karol_peel said:

Hi,

I just bought MSFS 2020 on Microsoft Store yesterday and installed it on my PC. After downloading 1,3 GB of data in Xbox app shows Play button. When I click it game starts to run and when it goes to loading screen (this big snowy mountain) it stops and turning off. I tried a lot of tips from many sites like Winows update , drivers update etc nut nothing works so far. Did enyone had something similar witch his copy of MSFS and found the solution?

Did you ever fix this i am having the same issue? 

Hi there

When I first bought the game on Micorsoft Store it took me a while to do all the set up of the account plus the Xbox one

Then it finally started to download. It took around 4 hrs ( and I have 100 mb speed)

Then I run it and started to apply the settings

In time the updates started in a different way

Once I had to go to Microsoft store and there I saw the update then clicked to install

Then open the game and it seems it continued doing things, I think installing the update

In time the updates where made at the moment of launching the game. It stopped and a window saying that there were updates started so I clicked on the update to proceed

This has been the procedure since then.

Ensure you have the right installation and that you have enough space in your disk because every update is usually huge

NI9gi5B.jpg

Check the game status in Microsoft Store

In the past, the updates where shown there where it says this product is installed

Good luck

Carlos

2 hours ago, Wizz001 said:

Did you ever fix this i am having the same issue? 

Yes, I fixed it. I had to download and install English (U.S.) language pack for Windows 10 and game started to download. I hope you have the same issue and I was able to help. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, karol_peel said:

Yes, I fixed it. I had to download and install English (U.S.) language pack for Windows 10 and game started to download. I hope you have the same issue and I was able to help. 

Yes it did you hero! been looking for weeks. Thank you so much 

• 8 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 8:18 PM, karol_peel said:

OMG Thank you Bro!!!!!!! I was going crazy!!! I love you! Kisses from Italy!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snake_89 said:

OMG Thank you Bro!!!!!!! I was going crazy!!! I love you! Kisses from Italy!!!!!!!!!

I like people who are still doing forum searches. Not very common any more these days. ;):)

Edited by wolfko
  • Upvote 1