Orbx, can you help us with this?

WebMaximus

I and others bought Vienna for X-Plane via Orbx Central and have found several issues/bugs with the product.

When we've tried to get the developer's attention to address these issues, both via forum posts and filed support tickets, we have either not received a response at all or the developer said there are no planned updates at this time.

Here's two examples ->

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/197148-gaya-loww-runway-approach-lights-totally-misplaced/
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/200658-x-plane-11-loww/?tab=comments#comment-1715122

We don't think this is cool for a payware scenery, what do you think?

Hello Richard. I think it bets if you also raise a Support Ticket at the Gaya website as they have a Support system and also a Forum where you can better get a response, hopefully:

https://gaya-simulations.com

I a sorry i cannot be of more help, buy Gaya are part of a retail partnership with Orbx and responsible for their own product support.

Hello Jon,

What you suggest has already been done. Both by myself and others. Which is also explained in the first post above as well as in the linked threads in more detail if you haven't read through them yet.

Unfortunately, the outcome hasn't been particularly impressive. Which is why you received this question in here. After all, we're discussing a partner of yours you decided to work with. As well as sell this partner's products via your own platform (Orbx Central). Based on that, you also have a responsibility towards your customers, don't you think? Not a technical responsibility, but from a business perspective.

I think most people buying products via Orbx Central will feel they bought their products from Orbx. I certainly do anyway. If it's found Orbx has started working with partners developing products with very obvious bugs where the developer says the customers shouldn't expect the bugs to be addressed, that is quite bad publicity. Not only for the partner/developer, but also for Orbx.

What the final outcome will be here is something that will certainly affect my future purchases. And I don't think I'm the only one.

I understand your frustration but also please understand that the Gaya partnership is a retail one in this instance. Orbx cannot fix another developers issues. It is the responsibility of the developer and Orbx would be intruding into their product and have absolutely no authorisation to do so.

Al I can do is make @Ed Correia aware of the situation and see if he can prompt Gaya into responding  in a satisfactory manner.

If you had bought this from another retail outlet like for example SimMarket, would you be expecting them to do the fixing  or would you not expect the developer to do it? If the product doesn't work or cannot be installed via an Orbx app like Orbx Central, then I agree it is an Orbx responsibility and a possible refund would be offered. That is not the case in this instance though. This issue concerns a couple of bugs that need sorted out. If Gaya has said they are not going to fix then then I don't see what you expect Orbx to do about it. If it was an Orbx product then yes, Orbx should fix it in a timely manner or at least acknowledge the bug.

If you bought the addon from another outlet you would still have the same bugs, and it would still be the developers responsibility to fix them.

@Nick Cooper Do you have anything to add?

Hello Richard,

Orbx Direct is the sales medium for Orbx products and Orbx Central is the software

used to install and manage those products.

Orbx assumes full responsibility for the successful sale, installation and quality of

those products.

In the event of problems arising, Orbx provides full support for all stages of this process.

HOWEVER:

Orbx Direct has also become a sales medium for developers known as "Partners".

This partnership is restricted to the sale and installation of those developers' products.

Orbx Central is the software used to install products purchased at Orbx Direct.

Orbx assumes full responsibility for the sale and installation of Partner developers' products.

As is made perfectly clear on each Partner's product page, Orbx responsibility ends at

the point where the product is successfully installed and working as its developer intended.

A link is provided to the support medium used by each developer.

The complaints in this case are not about the sale or installation but the quality of the product itself.

That remains the responsibility of the developer and that is, in this case, Gaya Simulations.

Hopefully this clears up any misunderstanding, nevertheless, we do not like to read of customer

dissatisfaction and it is to be hoped that a resolution can be reached with Gaya Simulations.

Now I see what you mean Jon.

I guess the fault is mine where I've until now have failed to see Orbx Central as a market place. To me, Orbx Central has rather been a very convenient tool to install and configure your products. And lately also partner's products.

Also, comparing Orbx Central to SimMarket for example, I've seen Gaya more like a partner of yours where other developers without mentioning any names with their products sold by SimMarket for example, in that case SimMarket to me is rather a publisher and pure market place/website. Not a tool/market place like in this case with Orbx Central and Gaya.

Oh well, let's see how things turn out in the end.

I'm 100% with you Nick in what you say above. Which is something I've also made clear in previous posts, how you can't be held technically responsible for someone else's products. This is something I was fully aware of when I started this topic. I never expected you to fix the issues. Rather, I wanted your view on this since this is about a product I and others bought from you. Even when it was developed by someone else.

If I was in your shoes, a situation like this would make me question if I wanted to continue the partnership with developers "using" my well-known brand and platform if they at the same time fail to deliver products and support living up to the standards my customers have come to expect from my brand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 10:51 PM, Ed Correia said:

We do expect our partners here to take customer feedback seriously and the majority of them do. 
Thanks for bringing this particular issue to my attention. 

Another month passed and still nothing.

Can you please let us know if you talked to the developer or found out what updates we can expect in the near future for this product?

Just landed on runway 34 and seeing this takes away quite a bit of the fun using this product

2036596300_Approachlightsonrunway34LOWW.thumb.jpg.59419ba2bc25a31397ffdb50b4d74d66.jpg

Hi, 

As stated we are really working on LOWW v1.2 for XP-11 (Same like MSFS and P3D), include list of your feedbacks and improvements we making. 

We will publish on our channels more info at the moment we will feel it at the stage where we wanting (hopefully not far from today).

From XP-11 update testing:

Screenshot_2021-01-13_171940.jpg

Archived