A work in progress .... a few test shots

renault

Speaking purely for myself I am quite willing to accept that at the present time MS2020 is still very much a "work in progress" and there are many additional items and processes  which I hope will eventually make their appearance.

Yes, the be fair it is incredibly frustrating at times,  which I have been experiencing over the last few days with CTD's appearing out of random

However, I was able to solve it (aircraft livery structure was not the only change in the last update), but also a general livery addons that I had also seemed to be problematic.

So here are two new liveries that I downloaded . I love the visual fidelity above all else that it is capable of providing. And when it works , for me  "all is forgiven :)

Until the next time - ha, ha! :D . 

But in the meantime I am enjoying both my sims and what Orbx brings  to enhance them.

So I hope you enjoy them

Cheers

Pete

PS for John Mac @John Mac this may only apply to my system  John,  but ... I have Windows Defender set to exclude scanning of both the MS2020 folders and also my XPlane 11.50r3 folder. When I deleted the exclusion, in both sims I had micro stutters occurring. When I applied the exclusion again, no micro stutters. I can't say that this can be generalized, but it might be something to try with the latest update if you don't do this at present. 

ztIOZmS.jpg

BqVmXwp.png

Hi Pete,

I use Eset Security which disables Windows Defender. Have been using it for years. Excluded MSFS in the "packages" folder on the C drive and where the bulk of the program is on my F Drive. Nothing in Community except Orbx. However all that being said these patches can fix one thing and break another. For example look at the issues at Orbx Lowi which was caused by the last patch. No detailed patch notes are given which I have called for them to do. Pre last patch it ran smooth as silk, post patch micro stuttering.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:39 AM, BradB said:

I have been lucky , just one CTD since day one and that was early on . I have stayed away from the livery route , I have been 

too busy stealing  ATV’s , Planes and Bicycles ........:rollmyeyes::P:lol:

Too true. But I don't have to dread the knock on the door late at night , once they discover what you were up to :rolleyes:

I sleep the sleep of the justB)

Well not actually. I often lie awake at night wondering, why, oh why is it CTD'ing again :(:angry:

Cheers John!

Pete

On 11/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, lifejogger said:

Two super shots!!!!   That first one is definitely photographic.

Thanks John!

See you

Pete

On 11/5/2020 at 5:16 PM, Wakashi said:

Seems to me you have worked out your frustrations very well Pete and these two shots are outstanding! :)

Thanks Roger

Well for now, until the next "update" :rolleyes:

But as I said , it is a work in progress and these things are expected.

Cheers

Pete

10 hours ago, John Mac said:

Hi Pete,

I use Eset Security which disables Windows Defender. Have been using it for years. Excluded MSFS in the "packages" folder on the C drive and where the bulk of the program is on my F Drive. Nothing in Community except Orbx. However all that being said these patches can fix one thing and break another. For example look at the issues at Orbx Lowi which was caused by the last patch. No detailed patch notes are given which I have called for them to do. Pre last patch it ran smooth as silk, post patch micro stuttering.

Hi John

I know John. It's a complex piece of kit .... what can one say.

I really wish some days that they would borrow a page from XPlane's book. The Vulkan beta process was problematic with its fair share of difficult updates at times. But the thing I liked was the ability to keep a second copy which was not updated which allowed one to revert if things weren't good.

But my bigger issue is that my collection of fine malts definitely takes a measurable "hit" when something like the first part of Update 5 hit the streets. My wife pointed out to me that she thinks neither Mr. Gates nor Asobo would have much sympathy if I requested  a contribution for "pain and suffering , however caused " ... Ha, ha!!!!

See you 

Pete

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Glad you have your issues solved Pete! :)  Outstanding captures as Well! :)

Thanks Adam

Yes it is now just humming along like it used to.

I appreciate your commenting, and I am pleased you enjoyed them:)

Cheers

Pete 

Archived