Current Owners - 40% discount for MSFS2020 Sceneries

Up until a couple of days ago I was able to purchase products for MSFS2020 that I owned in FSX, Prepar3D or X-Plane for 40% off.

I am no longer seeing that discount when logged in on either orbxdirect.com or in Orbx Central.

Does that 40% discount no longer apply?

50 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

The answer to your question is the last posting in that topic by Orbx. The topic was raised in particular to Alesund. The answer given was for all discounted addons.

Sorry Jon - I've been looking and I cannot find where this was announced at the time for airports other than Alesund.  It certainly was mentioned for Alesund and I recall thinking that I don't need to worry about the time constraint because that is one of the few airports I did not have in P3D.  I've just spent 30 minutes searching the forums and cannot find anywhere notice that the 40% discount was time-limited for the originally released MSFS airports, until the notification you point to on 22 September.  The release for Darrington has no mention of a time constraint and references "the 40% cross-platform discount".

I'd appreciate clarification please.

Thanks for the replies & explanation.
Quite disappointed though as I had a full cart which I've now emptied.

I've paid for about 150 Orbx products for Prepar3D and X-Plane as without payware airports those sims are a little bland to say the least and Orbx scenery made all the difference.

I was happy to see the 40% discount thinking this was forever but without it and with MSFS2020 looking fantastic off the shelf, I think I can have quite an enjoyable experience without shelling out thousands of dollars for Orbx stuff I already have in the other sims.

I spend most of my time in the air admiring scenery than admiring airports.

Maybe I'll buy a few here and there if and when the sales are on :-)

For me it was utterly clear that this special discount will end by the end of September. Because of this I hurried to get in time what I wanted to have.

"Life punishes those who delay." (Mikhail Gorbachev)

That's great to know, Wolf. Thanks for letting us all know.

I'll be waiting for the yearly Orbx Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale myself.

"Life rewards those who wait for Cyber Monday." (Abraham Lincoln)

Archived