KSUN Invisible Bump on Runway

In Prepar3D v5 at Orbx KSUN, there is a massive bump in the runway just past taxiway B6 and before the FBO. It jumps the aircraft up at-least 3 meters. When using the Detect crashes and damage option, the jump then sudden fall of out the sky causing the aircraft to crash and head back to the default scenario at Randolph. I've tried both the recommended 5m mesh settings in P3D as well as the 1M mesh, both resulting in the bump at the runway still being there.  What is possibly related to it is the PAPI lights are below the terrain also.

I've tried reinstalling the product multiple times with it being constantly there even using separate aircraft models.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, Greg Jones said:

I've not looked at the airport since the release of v5. I'll try and have a look and see what can be done in the next few days.

Greg

So what’s the verdict? It’s been two weeks now. 

I see the airport is still being sold as compatible, even though you can’t even land properly since the bug affects the runway.

This was definitely not the situation in P3D when the airport was developed so it appears to be something that P3DV5 has introduced.  The problem is not there in V4, and as a test I copied the V4 airport over to V5 and the problem surfaced again.

These screenshots might make it easier for Greg to track down the problem:

KSUN1.thumb.png.fdc9650abe706c0666ef3e33ed4c3f96.png

KSUN2.thumb.png.2c4f3e3f76f877c6b8c8d73be4baf0c6.png

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Marc BF said:

Still no news? Those “few days” have become more than a month now. The airport still isn’t really usable if you actually wanna land there. 

Not wanting to directly quote the devs but I'd say it's a time of year when many competing priorities are faced, and given the nature of the problem it may not be an easy fix.

It's true you can't make a normal landing at the airport at the moment but with a bit of flexibility you can hold off touchdown and still land comfortably.  That's what i did when I wanted to land after checking it out last time.

• 2 months later...

Still having that same issue.

Is this scenery still sold as compatible with P3D5 even though it's not?

It's been four months since the developer said "a few days".

Edited by MBF

• 6 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 3:37 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is still on a list of things to do, please be patient for a little longer.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've been patient a little longer.

I'll be celebrating the 1 Year Anniversary of the original post in this thread in a few days.

Is this gonna take:

[ ] A little longer

[ ] A "few days" again

[ ] who knows?

Just tick one box and excuse my sarcasm after a whole year of not getting this fixed.

Edited by MBF

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MBF said:

Oh hey, it's been another four weeks.

Color me surprised!

Apologies, I meant to update this. I had a look at the airport in v5 and, although I can replicate the issue, I'm struggling to find a fix for it. The main issue is that we made it so long ago and it so fiddly to get working properly, that even though I was the one who built, I can't quite comprehend why it's doing what it's doing. There's no physical obstruction at that point (which was my suspicion). Just needs a bit more coffee and brainpower. I'll try to get it resolved this weekend.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 5:06 AM, Greg Jones said:

Apologies, I meant to update this. I had a look at the airport in v5 and, although I can replicate the issue, I'm struggling to find a fix for it. The main issue is that we made it so long ago and it so fiddly to get working properly, that even though I was the one who built, I can't quite comprehend why it's doing what it's doing. There's no physical obstruction at that point (which was my suspicion). Just needs a bit more coffee and brainpower. I'll try to get it resolved this weekend.

Any Updates?