YBBN upgrade/update

Matt_B_1978

Hi all, I recently jumped back into P3D and found a dozen or so updates, one of which mentioned an update to YBBN - specifically regarding the new runway. I've successfully installed the updates (as far as I can tell, at least) and went for a flight over YBBN but couldn't see any new runway. It just seems to be in the early construction phase. Is this correct, or should I see a finished runway with taxiways, etc?

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it should look like this:

2020-9-26_7-47-10-508.jpg

Hi Nick

Based on your screenshot, I don't think my version of Australia v2 has updated properly, despite verifying files etc. To confirm this, I wonder if you could please post what you are seeing at Sunshine Coast (YBSU), as that new runway was apparently supposed to feature in the update but I can't see any difference.

thanks 

Ian 

19 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

If you have the full YBBN product installed then you will see what is in the last shot above as that product will override the default YBBN upgrade which is in AUv2.

Okay thanks, so is this a layering issue or does the AUv2 upgrade simply not work if Orbx YBBN is installed too?

Hello,

the update as illustrated in this shot:

is the version included in Orbx Australia version 2.

It is not the payware Orbx YBBN Brisbane.

If you have the payware Orbx YBBN Brisbane, Orbx Central will have disabled the

version included in Orbx Australia version 2.

If you would rather see this version, you will need to uninstall the payware

Orbx YBBN Brisbane and then run Verify files for Orbx Australia version 2 or manually

remove the added extensions, after .BGL, to these files:

1.jpg

If you do not uninstall the payware version, Orbx will add back the disabled by extensions

every time you run verify files or Sync Simulator.

53 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the update as illustrated in this shot:

is the version included in Orbx Australia version 2.

It is not the payware Orbx YBBN Brisbane.

If you have the payware Orbx YBBN Brisbane, Orbx Central will have disabled the

version included in Orbx Australia version 2.

If you would rather see this version, you will need to uninstall the payware

Orbx YBBN Brisbane and then run Verify files for Orbx Australia version 2 or manually

remove the added extensions, after .BGL, to these files:

1.jpg

If you do not uninstall the payware version, Orbx will add back the disabled by extensions

every time you run verify files or Sync Simulator.

Thanks Nick, I have a look into that. 

It would be good to keep the payware YBBN terminals and hangers etc but utilise the new runway provided by Aus V2.

7 hours ago, Ian St said:

Hi Nick

Based on your screenshot, I don't think my version of Australia v2 has updated properly, despite verifying files etc. To confirm this, I wonder if you could please post what you are seeing at Sunshine Coast (YBSU), as that new runway was apparently supposed to feature in the update but I can't see any difference.

thanks

Ian 

YBMC:

1.jpg

As you are naming it YBSU, have you installed a navigation update that could be interfering with these two versions?

37 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

YBMC:

1.jpg

As you are naming it YBSU, have you installed a navigation update that could be interfering with these two versions?

Thanks Nick, I did have the old Ant's OzX installed but as the update took away the terminal and replaced it with the default terminal and the old default runway, I presumed that addon had just been over-ridden. There is obviously some file conflict going on, I'll have a closer look.

cheers

Ian

Archived