Orbx Central installed airports not showing as owned in MS 2020.

So I have bought and downloaded airports for MS 2020. Did it all through Orbx Central. A few problems...

In the MARKETPLACE in the sim it does not show I own, or have installed, the airports. Although they are there. 

On the Globe they are not shown.

Is that going to be fixed? Is this a known issue?

C.

It's not an issue. MSFS only shows items actually purchased through the Marketplace as owned or installed. That actually is a change from the original August 18th release as I purchased London Landmarks direct from Orbx and it showed as owned and installed in MSFS. But it doesn't anymore and it won't in the future. Asobo could "fix" this, but it is impossible for Orbx to fix it. MSFS shows what it wants to show in the Marketplace and Orbx has no way to change that.

47 minutes ago, Seanmo said:

Asobo could "fix" this, but it is impossible for Orbx to fix it.

I think this is in Microsoft's responsibility. Asobo is merely the game developer and is now blamed for issues which are actually Microsoft's faults, like the above, not working or endless download procedures, real world weather servers, which seem to be offline half of the time or sending wrong data, etc.

@Seanmo

Since you have reacted with a :blink: to my last post in this topic, I fell I have to explain what I meant in short words. For what is shown in the Marketplace MS is responsible, not Asobo. I hope this clarifies what I meant.

I just added a few other things many people think they are in Asobo's responsibility, whereas they are actually in Microsoft's.

1 hour ago, Seanmo said:

Asobo writes that code within MSFS, not Microsoft. But regardless, you are splitting hairs for no apparent reason other than to troll. So now you get a sad face. Consider it a free upgrade.

Asobo wites the code for the game itself, not for the installer and not for the market place.

Asobo has nothing to do with the distribution. What you assume is as if an Orbx developer like e. g. Jarrad Marshal would be rsponsible for OrbxCentral and the installation of his sceneries. I know, this is a rather bad example, but I hope now you get what I mean. This has nothing to do with splitting hairs or trolling.

PS: this was my last post in this topic, because I fear the topic will otherwise get locked.

6 hours ago, Talnes said:

And Microsoft flight simulator marketplace i have purchase London pack. Don't show up in Orbx Central. Why the "heck" do we need the central when you can buy it in
Simulator marketplace???????????????? Just problem.

Right at the top of this MSFS support forum is a pinned topic explaining exactly the reason that the 2 retail outlets of Orbx and Microsoft Marketplace are not linked. They are completely separate outlet.

There is no problem. If you buy from marketplace it appears in the Marketplace content. If you buy from Orbx it appears in Orbx Central:

Those two ways of buying addons for FS has it’s implications. Stuff You bought through Marketpalce will be available in game if You happen to play on XBox, everything that was bought through Orbx Central, Contrail, Aerosoft, Simmarket won’t be available on XBox 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:15 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this topic explains how the two purchasing mediums work.

You are not seeing a fault.

I was replying earlier and it dissapeared. Hope this is not a duplicate.

With all due respect, it might not be a "fault" but it is, in my opinion, a poor design. Just the opinion of this consumer. I buy through Orbx direct because I want the discounts as I have bought dozens of these airports 2 times now over various platforms (FSX/P3D/MS2020) and want my discount and it looks like the discount is not considered at MS end in the Market. I get that it is not Orbx's issue specifically. Just voicing that I wish they could implement awareness as they are partnered and hoped they would have worked out how MS could know that... IF the airport is installed, I must own it and stop asking me to buy it in the market place. And also list it when I look under installed.

The more imporant part being... MS should show airports I installed on the map. Not Orbx problem I am sure so I will take my complaints over there.

Peace.

C.

Archived