Tenerife and the Canary Islands

Calum WE

Hi folks. 

I bought the Orbx base pack to get me started. 

Tenerife in FSX is like an airstrip in the middle of a desert, and it is still like that with the Orbx base pack installed. Does anyone know what pack would significantly improve it? I was thinking it woudl at least auto generate some scenery.

Thanks 

5 hours ago, Calum WE said:

Hi folks. 

I bought the Orbx base pack to get me started. 

Tenerife in FSX is like an airstrip in the middle of a desert, and it is still like that with the Orbx base pack installed. Does anyone know what pack would significantly improve it? I was thinking it woudl at least auto generate some scenery.

Thanks 

I'm wondering if OpenLC Africa would improve the Canary Islands. I'll try to find time to check later and let you know.

I bought Europe on Orbx, but Tenerife is still like a desert.

I am trying to download Rikoooo Tenerife freeware again. I cancelled it earlier, as I was a bit nervous of it.  it seems desperate to get you to sign up for all kinds of garbage, and pay for premium things and donate etc, whilst coming across as a dodgy site. I  would rather just pay $30 or so, and get the scenery I want without all the scam style nonsense.

Tenerife belongs to Spain but can hardly be called part of continental Europe so it is unlikely that any Europe scenery will  cover Tenerife. That would be like expecting New Caledonia to be included in France scenery.  As advised previously there are quite a few freeware sceneries available (not allowed to advertise here) but Google is your friend. As a new member because you have mentioned FSX I presume that is the simulation you are using. If you wish to stay with FSX then you will need (must) a decent mesh program (Pilots Mesh for FSX) which is payware but totally worth every penny for FSX.

10 hours ago, Calum WE said:

I bought Europe on Orbx, but Tenerife is still like a desert.

I am trying to download Rikoooo Tenerife freeware again. I cancelled it earlier, as I was a bit nervous of it.  it seems desperate to get you to sign up for all kinds of garbage, and pay for premium things and donate etc, whilst coming across as a dodgy site. I  would rather just pay $30 or so, and get the scenery I want without all the scam style nonsense.

I was nt sure if I'd be violating any rules on the FTX forum so I did not post links to some great add-ons, but you can get the entire Island and both airports at simmarket.

I've purchased all the available Canary Islands with airports from different devs and they are all excellent. It's not inexpensive, but if you want a great looking sim, this is what you have to do.

There's also MSFS as an option, but I doubt that all the airports are upgraded to payware quality.

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to all this.

Having already installed Orbx Base Pack, as well as a few other Orbx packs, I take it a mesh package would enhance things further?

Does it matter that Orbx is already installed, or is the installation order of the mesh not important?

I'm currently using FSX, but I also have P3D v5 installed on  my PC. I like that the Orbx purchases also work on P3D.

Thanks

I just bought the Africa pack and Tenerife does now have some housing estates and golfcourses etc, instead of being only sand with an airstrip.

It would be nice to get Tenerife South Airport from a trustworthy source, but I'm pleased the island itself looks more like the reality now.

37 minutes ago, Calum WE said:

I just bought the Africa pack and Tenerife does now have some housing estates and golfcourses etc, instead of being only sand with an airstrip.

It would be nice to get Tenerife South Airport from a trustworthy source, but I'm pleased the island itself looks more like the reality now.

I've just got around to checking and comparing default FSX to P3DV5 using Orbx Base & OpenLC Africa in Tenerife. It is quite an improvement but if you are after an airport that looks like Reina Sofia and buildings in resorts that resemble reality, It looks like MK Studios Tenerife South is what you'll need. Strangely enough, It's available as a partner developer through Orbx from today. I don't have it myself but I do have MK Studios Lanzarote scenery for X-Plane 11 and I find it to be pretty good with the only negative being autogen buildings.

I've got some weird issues with my CH Products Yoke and Pedals where if I stick with FSX they kind of behave as long as I calibrate them every few flights with their own software.

As soon as I open P3D or MS2020, or download the software for my new Honeycome Alpha Yoke, or even try to use my Alpha Yoke with no software, everything becomes utterly uncontrollable.

I want rid of the CH Products stuff, but because of the launch of FS 2020 everything else is out of stock.

So i am stuck with FSX until I can get new ruddle pedals and throttle quadrant. Sadly I dont see a payware Tenerife South for FSX, only the dodge freeware ones.

I am inpressed with the Orbx stuff though, having only come across it yesterday. I can see why children run up huge bills on gaming consoles for extras when Mummy and Daddy enter their credit card details, and the child only needs to click buy for extras! 

You should not have to regularly reset your controls. I seem to remember that you should not use the CH Manager to calibrate because it can upset FSX. I also seem to remember that you just use the calibration settings program provided in FSX. Having said that at my age I seem to remember a lot (or not) so someone might care to comment.:)

Archived