Buckingham Palace texture mix (by default & Orbx)

After installing LANDMARK LONDON CITY PACK in MSFS 2020, there's a problem with some textures with the Buckingham Palace building, mixing Orbx add-on texture with default textures. 

Does anybody knows how fix it? . I bought it from Marketplace inside MSFS 2020.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

There is an update, released on 22nd August, but yet to reach the Marketplace, that fixes this.

I hoped the marketplace would have the updates today after maintenance, but still nothing.. And the package format is different so you can't just copy the folder to /community to update through Orbx Central.

6 hours ago, opacan said:

After installing LANDMARK LONDON CITY PACK in MSFS 2020, there's a problem with some textures with the Buckingham Palace building, mixing Orbx add-on texture with default textures. 

Does anybody knows how fix it? . I bought it from Marketplace inside MSFS 2020.

I am in the same situation unfortunately.   I wonder if there is any way how the patch can be installed "manually".   Very disappointing indeed that Marketplace customers cannot update!

2 hours ago, Aeroflux said:

I am in the same situation unfortunately.   I wonder if there is any way how the patch can be installed "manually".   Very disappointing indeed that Marketplace customers cannot update!

The only way for Marketplace purchasers to get updates to their products from any of the companies that sell there is through the MS Marketplace itself. Orbx cannot even tell if you own the product, but they have made their updates available to MSFT (as have FlightBeam with KDEN), and it is MSFT's fault for not providing them to Marketplace customers. The next bit is speculation: I am assuming that there is a problem with the Marketplace that needs to be addressed with the upcoming patch, because MSFT also has not added any new products to their store for more than a week either. That is, I believe that post-patch the process will not take so long. 

Having said that, and remember that I'm just a customer too, I would recommend buying Orbx products directly from Orbx for the following reasons: 

1. Orbx gets more of the money from the purchase (MSFT gets a nice cut of all sales through their marketplace).

2. Orbx can help you with installation/purchase issues if you buy directly from them, but they simply cannot if you do through the MS Marketplace.

3. At least for now, updates are available faster directly from Orbx, and therefore only to those who purchase from Orbx (and again, that's Microsoft's fault for the troubles they are having with their store).

4 hours ago, MichaelMoe said:

So how much of a gain is this landmarks now that default is used quite often.

Are there a description of new buildings (not default ones) ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

There were a few major landmarks, such as the Houses of Parliament, Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the Millennium Dome that reverted back to Asobo's better models (although Tower Bridge is not lit up at night on Asobo's), but the update also included two new football stadiums and the product still includes over 400 additional buildings, bridges, etc. over what Asobe gives us. I love London. Now that Orbx has updated it, I'm really happy with the London Scenery pack. I crashed my Cessna into Tower Bridge a few days back trying to fly through it. So I used the Showcase camera as a drone from there and went around my favorite part of London looking at all the scenery. Brought back a lot of memories. The Mall and Buckingham Palace don't look great, but the latter is a 1000 times better than the industrial building that Asobo (or rather Blackshark.ai) has there! This sort of ground-level sightseeing is probably the sort of thing no one has ever done in a flight sim until MSFS came along. I will also say this: If Orbx releases similar packs for other cities at similar prices, I will buy those -- even if I haven't been there.

There is a changelog of what changed in the update to London Landmarks.

As mentioned elsewhere Orbx have updated the product and supplied that update to the vendor you purchased it from, it is the responsibility of that vendor to pass those updates on to you. Especially as Orbx has no visibility of you as a customer, after all you are not Orbx's customer you are Microsoft's.

7 hours ago, Crom UK said:

As mentioned elsewhere Orbx have updated the product and supplied that update to the vendor you purchased it from, it is the responsibility of that vendor to pass those updates on to you. Especially as Orbx has no visibility of you as a customer, after all you are not Orbx's customer you are Microsoft's.

Really...so Orbx gets no revenue from the sale at marketplace??

Yes they will, but after Microsoft have taken their cut.  But the important point you keep missing is that you are NOT Orbx's customer you are Mircosoft's customer, after all that is who you gave your money to. 

How are Orbx to know that you have actually purchased one of their products?  Because by your own admission you did not purchase it from them?  You have a Microsoft licence not an Orbx licence and because of data protection laws Microsoft will be unable to share your details with Orbx.  

Orbx have updated the product and they have provided that update to Microsoft and all the customer's that directly purchased from them ie all the customer that Orbx hold records of purchase for.  As Microsoft hold your record of purchase and are who supplied the pack to you, it is their responsibility to provide you the update.

Hello,

there are many things that should be but as explained ad nauseam, Orbx can do nothing to hasten the release

of the product updates that were passed to Microsoft some time ago.

I understand your frustration but there is nothing to be done but wait.

Please try to be patient.

I wish I knew this before as I would not have used the Marketplace - in fact I will never use it again. I thought it was just hosted by Microsoft for vendors to sell their wares, not that we would be stuck as not even a customer and no real support - just take it up with Microsoft and leave us alone... :-(

May be I just throw that away and start again with the Orbx store?

Archived