Still learning MSFS 2020 at LOWW.

Iain Emms

Not really still cant get my joystick set up its all over the place cant bank right or left its a nightmare to be honest havent even done a small flight yet without plane going out of control and crashing as soon as i leave the ground, Thats about as far as i get in the shot its getting to the point.

cheers

Iain

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Not really still cant get my joystick set up its all over the place cant bank right or left its a nightmare to be honest havent even done a small flight yet without plane going out of control and crashing as soon as i leave the ground, Thats about as far as i get in the shot its getting to the point.

cheers

Iain

Hi Iain, not sure if this applies to your setup but I've found a few times that I have to go in and do the "save and apply" (or whatever it's called) at the start of a flight to make the sim recognise my controls. I did have some fun and games getting them set up initially but I managed in the end, and yet I have found them non-responsive sometimes unless I re-save them (the settings are all intact, the sim just doesn't seem to recognise them).

Another thing that's caught me out is leaving the sim having been in "ai flies my aircraft". WHen you start the next flight it's still in ai mode and it tries to skip along a few feet above the runway!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

cheers

Iain

Iain

The control assignments can be quite different to P3D/XP.

When you go into MSFS Controls, does it identify your joystick correctly?

Also, your control sensitivities may be too high for MSFS. 

I ended up editing a .cfg file to dampen my aircraft reactions down.

I will see if I can find the post that gave the advice I followed. 

But 1st need to see if your joystick is recognized & then what is happening when you give left/right aileron command with joystick. ie, if you do your normal tilt stick left for left bank, that that is what 'tilt left' is assigned to in MSFS,

TTM

I had similar problems with my controls. After experimenting I found the Elevator Trim axis was my problem. I deleted those from the default control settings and set up my own setting for the elevator trim. Problem cured !

My controls are the Logitech X56 Hotas Rhino.

I have the Extreme3dPro joystick from Logitech - a cheap and simple joystick. I find MSFS2000 very hard to maintain straight and level flight. In fact, it is so bad that I am not using the simulator as much as I'd like. I think something is wrong. I got rid of camera shake.  I thought the problem was turbulence -but can't figure out how to eliminate that. Some of the plains won't maintain elevator trim.

Hi Iain @Iain Emms

Hopefully this may be of some help

I bought my Xbox Controller about 2 weeks ago. It connects wirelessly to my PC through bluetooth.

So far it is flawless and I can fly with the left toggle (in the first 2 camera modes, not drone) very easily

So if yours is also the same , try connecting it that way. It takes all the default calibration assignments , but MS2020 seems very happy with that

The second option is to check the calibration

This is quite a good article on how to do it. Unfortunately, a recalibration is rather tedious , so I would first try just setting everything to default, as with mine connected through bluetooth MS2020 seems very happy with default settings.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/103910-calibrate-game-controller-windows-10-a.html

As far as screenshots go, if you activate the developer mode  under the Options tab if I remember correctly there is a real pause function which behaves exactly as you would expect it to work. That is very handy

Here is a link I just posted to show how to get Developer mode working

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/199139-changing-aircraft-in-real-time/

I hope this is of some help to you

Pete

PS - regardless of how you did it, that screenshot is just outstanding :)

2 hours ago, jalbrech said:

I have the Extreme3dPro joystick from Logitech - a cheap and simple joystick. I find MSFS2000 very hard to maintain straight and level flight. In fact, it is so bad that I am not using the simulator as much as I'd like. I think something is wrong. I got rid of camera shake.  I thought the problem was turbulence -but can't figure out how to eliminate that. Some of the plains won't maintain elevator trim.

I have the same stick & have carried out the Sensitivity mods per this link:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/581210-how-to-make-pitch-and-yaw-control-less-twitchy/

on all my aircraft & they are all better behaved.

Although he only does Elevator & Rudder, I did Aileron too, taking it down to 0.8.

TTM

13 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I have the same stick & have carried out the Sensitivity mods per this link:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/581210-how-to-make-pitch-and-yaw-control-less-twitchy/

on all my aircraft & they are all better behaved.

Although he only does Elevator & Rudder, I did Aileron too, taking it down to 0.8.

TTM

Thank you very much for your help on this i have done what it says and for the first time since release i can now do a flight without crashing into the ground it looks like it worked well.

cheers

Iain

On 8/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, Iain Emms said:

cheers

Iain

Same thing here, Iain! When I want to fly, I still go to XP11 or P3D. MSFS has a long way ahead until being flyable. 

2 hours ago, Dario said:

Same thing here, Iain! When I want to fly, I still go to XP11 or P3D. MSFS has a long way ahead until being flyable. 

Dario

Suggest you try the fix I referenced above.

Start with 1 aircraft & see what you think.

I have put it across my whole fleet.

Can't have a more honest 'product endorsement' than from Iain:)

If you are not comfortable editing Flight_Model.cfg or have trouble finding it I can walk you through it off line.

It works.

I was flying the A320 over Mexico yesterday @ 18,000' on autopilot. Took the AP off & hand flew. Very smooth turns, stable.

TTM

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Dario

Suggest you try the fix I referenced above.

Start with 1 aircraft & see what you think.

I have put it across my whole fleet.

Can't have a more honest 'product endorsement' than from Iain:)

If you are not comfortable editing Flight_Model.cfg or have trouble finding it I can walk you through it off line.

It works.

I was flying the A320 over Mexico yesterday @ 18,000' on autopilot. Took the AP off & hand flew. Very smooth turns, stable.

TTM

Thank you very much for your help, TTM! :) 

I will try to implement this solution. It is exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks again and best regards,

Dario

14 minutes ago, Dario said:

Thank you very much for your help, TTM! :) 

I will try to implement this solution. It is exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks again and best regards,

Dario

Good luck.

PM if you get stuck.

Remember to set Aileron Sensitivity at 0.8 as a starting point.

Rudder, elevator = 0.2 are good starting points for them.

TTM

Archived