Orbx Central Not Loading

James8133

In fact, it is necessary to first uninstall Orbx Central, using the Windows Control panel.

Then delete:

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx and

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater

Then reinstall Orbx Central, using any of the "Get Central" links on Orbx Direct.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

In fact, it is necessary to first uninstall Orbx Central, using the Windows Control panel.

Then delete:

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx and

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater

Then reinstall Orbx Central, using any of the "Get Central" links on Orbx Direct.

Good afternoon, I did what you suggested however, it's still giving me this black screen. I even run all of my programs as; "Run as administrator" and nothing seems to work. I still run my FSX under Windows 7, and I do meet the system requirements to have it running on my computer.  

ORBX_Central.jpg

On 8/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Also please confirm you have installed all the system requirements outlined in the below linked topic.

Good morning, I apologize as I am still new to trying to figure out the specs to my computer. How can I check to make sure I have the right requirements installed? I appreciate the help! 

42 minutes ago, James8133 said:

Could that interfere with my issues? 

Hello James,

temporarily disabling Norton or setting exceptions for your Flight Sim and Orbx, is all that is required to test.

If necessary uninstall Orbx Central following Nick's post 3, then disable Norton, download and install Central again.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

I apologize for the late response. I've been feeling sick with a cold lately. Should I turn off my auto-protect and my smart firewall settings from Norton? Or should I turn off Norton all together temporarily? It still scanned it as safe, but when I open up the app, it's still black. I look forward to hearing back for more advice. 

1 hour ago, James8133 said:

I've been feeling sick with a cold lately

Hello James, I hope you are feeling better.

Turn Norton off temporarily, follow Nick's post 3 and then reinstall Central.

If all is well then restart Norton and set exceptions for your simulator and Orbx folders.

You can see my exceptions in the topic Doug has linked to post 9, although I do not have Norton only Windows Defender.

Stay well and stay safe :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, I still haven't had a chance to fully look at the problem as to why I'm still having these issues, as my cold is still hanging around. I didn't want anyone to think I forgot about the post! I apologize for the late responses. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning everyone. I apologize for the super late response. I'm still having issues with the Orbx Central. When it comes to turning off Norton on my computer, do I turn off "Disable Auto-Protect" and "Disable Smart Firewall"? Or is there more that I need to do? I just reinstalled Orbx Central with turning those two features off from Norton, and I still get a black screen that shows up. So I'm trying to figure out how I can get this software to work. Thanks again for the help. :) 

Norton.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived