Kalimera! Surprise! Kos for Microsoft Flight Simulator is released!

Raz Goeta

Surprise! Kos for Microsoft Flight Simulator is released!

Hero.thumb.png.48cb69b5d744afb4233b9f43e32442a0.png

Kos is one of the largest islands in the Dodecanese Island chain of Greece and is a very popular tourist destination, especially during the summer.

With direct service flights from most European countries, there is a good chance that you've heard of it or even ventured there for a holiday. Over 1 million tourists flock there each year to explore one of the most amazing areas in the Mediterranean.

Kos Ippokratis Airport (LGKO) is located at the central part of the island with a runway fit for virtually all aircraft - from an ATR to the A320 and even as large as a Dreamliner - Kos' Airport sees them all.

During the peak summer time, the airport sees 46 different airlines fly in with many passengers hungry to explore the sights. From Riga to Rome, Stockholm to Stansted or Milan to Maastricht, there's no shortage of airports to begin your adventure from.

Join in the fun today!

5f41d93d8bb56.jpg

5f41d95d19c24.jpg

5f41d94d39ca8.jpg

5f41d95544ef6.jpg

5f41d9513de7f.jpg

5f41d941cbc42.jpg

5f41eb60ae729.jpg

5f41d97c801eb.jpg

5f41d942dd57c.jpg

5f41d94c5f010.jpg

5f41eb6ee5451.jpg

5f41d96302ca2.jpg

5f41d96118558.jpg

5f41d96bb27cc.jpg

5f41d97ec0c99.jpg

5f41d98daf4ab.jpg

5f41d98a2cae5.jpg

5f41d9862e96e.jpg

5f41d98457022.jpg

Thanks for amazing airfield :)

but .. hmm. on approach CPU usage increases from 50% to 75-80 % and FPS little decrease .. (55Ffps to 30Fps), after the distance from the island, the use remains on high value (Fps too ... 30Fps). "New York .. Ultra - 40-45 Fps"

Someone similar experience ?

I7 5960X@4,5Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080Ti. 1440p

5 hours ago, Endyamon said:

but .. hmm. on approach CPU usage increases from 50% to 75-80 % and FPS little decrease .. (55Ffps to 30Fps), after the distance from the island, the use remains on high value (Fps too ... 30Fps). "New York .. Ultra - 40-45 Fps"

Check out this article in regards to using older processors at resolutions above 1080p. This pack isn't huge to begin with, so it is not as if Goya has much room to optimize it.

Thanks for the great words and compliments guys! I really hope you having good time with Vienna, Kos and Zell Am See and get ready for next coming EDDT, LIRQ and ENCN (and long list of super exciting destinations we will present soon (some are really out nof the box!).

6 hours ago, Sirids said:

Will there be a discount for MSFS, as I already own it in X Plane 11?

For Vienna we gave 30% discount for existing cusomerts of Vienna. In addition, we reduce the prices of all of our products by great numbers (GYI- P3D and XP are still settling) For Kos no- That product has been giveaway for free for more than 8000 people.

By the end of the day we are a commercial business who also need to have profit. 

On 8/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, Endyamon said:

Thanks for amazing airfield :)

yeah. i have exactly the same issue. i sent a ticket about that issue.

its only this airport with the scenery. evereything else is 55fps on high end setting 1440p. departing from this airport decreases fps to 20-30 outside and inside the cockpit. it will not increase when the airport is out of sight. i did no approach on the airway so i cant tell the opposite direction.

Any words from the developer regarding this?

Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB Ram 3200MHz, RTX 2080 Super, 1440p, High End Settings, 200k fibre internet

Hi guys, 

The reason for that is the flying birds we implimented into Kos. We plan to release an update the coming week to give you the option to turn it on/off.

Meanwhile, here is the manual solution we can't describe better than @Cygnific :

"To save people frustration and waiting for a patch, rename in your data install folder *:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\asobo-simobjects-animals\SimObjects\Animals

Flamingo and Seagull to _Flamingo and _Seagull or delete it's folder content (after backing up obviously)

There is a issue with animated birds spawning."

**Note- it's unofficial issue and on your own risk until we will release the offical update.

Raz

• 5 months later...

Please help... I'm still having large the framerate-drop . I purchased KOS yesterday via the built-in marketplace in Flight Simulator. I've tried the work around by deleting the Flamingo and Seagull folders, but no success. Framerates resume to normal when the airport is no longer in view. Searching the net and this forum I found a few topics about this, but most of them give me "Sorry, there is a problem You do not have permission to view this content. Error code: 2F173/K". Second problem is that the busses on the airport all are partly underground. So the only things I see are their roofs passing by. Is Microsoft still offering an old version on their marketplace?

EDIT: this seems to be the problem. Installed version via MSFS says 1.01, where the Orbx Central has 1.1.0...

Hello Bart

Have you tried the install and reinstall of the product?

I know the marketplace takes very long to update products

I wanted to see the Flamingos but I have not been lucky to spot them. Do they appear at a certain month of the year or an specific time/hour? I've never seen them

Cheers

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

I did a reinstall and it seems to do the trick (still the older version though). I haven't tried to enable the Flamino and Seagull folders, so no spotting for me...  I'm very happy I can use the airport now!

Cheers!

Bart

Hi @Bart176

I'm glad you made it

I would like to know how to spot the wildlife as I have not seen them

My folders are there but I have not seen the flamingos and I have the latest version...

I'm going to launch it again and see I this time.

Cheers

Carlos

On 9/5/2020 at 7:37 PM, Raz Goeta said:

Hi guys, 

The reason for that is the flying birds we implimented into Kos. We plan to release an update the coming week to give you the option to turn it on/off.

Meanwhile, here is the manual solution we can't describe better than @Cygnific :

**Note- it's unofficial issue and on your own risk until we will release the offical update

Hello, I wanted to know what had finally happened with the update that was discussed in September 2020 that allowed you to activate and deactivate the birds from a control panel.

Cheers

Ignacio

10 minutes ago, Dig said:

Hello, I wanted to know what had finally happened with the update that was discussed in September 2020 that allowed you to activate and deactivate the birds from a control panel.

Cheers

Ignacio

Hi Ignacio, 

For full log please see here:

https://forums.gaya-simulations.com/topic/303-eddt-loww-and-lgko-update-11-msfs/

For any other issue please contact GAYA official support. 

Raz,

Hello @Raz Goeta

Hope you are doing fine

As per this text

LGKO:

1. Massive FPS and performance improvment. We removed the animated birds and made further optimization- fixed.

4. Star on the simulator map- Added. 

I understand now why I don't see the birds.

I see no display of the star in my sim map actually I have to zoom in a lot to see the location of the airport

What should I do to have the star displayed, please? I like that

mD07a0h.jpg

Cheers

Carlos

need help purchase KOS yesterday, during approach i get a smooth 40 to 50 fps however when exiting the runway and nearing the terminal I only get 20 fps. is this normal?

it couldn't be my system since I have loww and florence airports and i get 35 plus fps when parking at the terminal.

Archived