Orbx London City Landmarks in MSFS 2020

Hello Gang!

I purchased the Orbx London City Landmarks directly from the game marketplace.  It shows as installed but it shows no delete option and the version number is not displayed.  How do I know if it is indeed installed?  What if I wanted to de-install and re-install the pack?  How can I accomplish this?

Many Thanks.

Dennis

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

I am told that if bought at the Micrososft Marketplace, then Orbx products show up in the Content Manager as Asobo products.

I cannot help you with how to install or uninstall, is this not done with the Content Manager?

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

I am told that if bought at the Micrososft Marketplace, then Orbx products show up in the Content Manager as Asobo products.

I cannot help you with how to install or uninstall, is this not done with the Content Manager?

Hey Nick.  Thanks for such quick response.

It actually shows up as an Orbx product in the Marketplace.  In my case it appears as an installed addon, but oddly enough, it does not show whether the pack has been updated automatically or not.  Furthermore, it does not show an option to delete the addon as it happens with other addons, which leads me to think that maybe it is not installed?  Even though it says it is?  Weird and confusing!

Dennis

Hi DMullert,

To help support developers like Orbx and others developing for MSFS2020, you may want to consider buying directly from the developers themselves rather than from a multi-billion dollar company’s Marketplace. 

Whilst l know it seems really easy to buy through the MS Marketplace, such purchases means the developers lose money to MS as MS takes their cut from already tight profit margins. The more that goes to developers also means they can afford to spend more time developing new airports. 

Not only does it help the developers out, it can so benefit you with developers on occasions offering discounts for cross platform purchases from their store when another Sim version is released, but only if purchased from the developers website rather than through 3rd parties like the MS store.

Developers are l beleive limited to saying this so bluntly due to the agreement with MS. It’s just worth considering to help out our 3rd party developers a little more.

Apologies Nick If l have overstepped the mark here, or said it in a way that could affect the agreement with MS. If so, no offence taken if deleted.

3 hours ago, Spacey said:

you may want to consider buying directly from the developers themselves

I respect your opinion.

There is another way of looking at it though.

Orbx are probably pretty happy that their products are displayed to a "captured market" within the Marketplace (especially on it's first release) and might get sales that they might otherwise not get.

They wouldn't be doing it if the numbers didn't work for them.

I will be buying Orbx products directly via ORBXCentral in any case.

Cheers.

I also bought the London Landmarks from the marketplace. It shows as owned and installed. It also appears in the content manager, where you can delete it. I suppose, when Orbx send the update to Microsoft, one should be able to update it in the content manager.

58 minutes ago, Jake_a24 said:

If you navigate to your "Packages" folder, within your install (within the local cache folder), you can go into official, where it'll display the London Landmarks Pack. Delete the folder if its there, then you can redownload it

That assuming Microsoft has received the updated version from Orbx and implemented it. 

On 8/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, DMullert said:

Hey Nick.  Thanks for such quick response.

It actually shows up as an Orbx product in the Marketplace.  In my case it appears as an installed addon, but oddly enough, it does not show whether the pack has been updated automatically or not.  Furthermore, it does not show an option to delete the addon as it happens with other addons, which leads me to think that maybe it is not installed?  Even though it says it is?  Weird and confusing!

Dennis

Yes it does, it even shows the version history. Check on Monday when Microsoft actually release the update which Orbx submitted to them on Friday which needs approval first.

What exactly have Orbx done to the original London landmarks pack?

Simply taken out the objects that had the lower grade textures such as the Tower Bridge, Shard, etc in order for the MSF 2020 originals to show up again?

Really like to know before I consider buying?

1 hour ago, Wingding65 said:

What exactly have Orbx done to the original London landmarks pack?

Simply taken out the objects that had the lower grade textures such as the Tower Bridge, Shard, etc in order for the MSF 2020 originals to show up again?

Really like to know before I consider buying?

From the announcement in another forum post:

Landmarks London City Pack

• Reinstated the default POIs (Tower of London, Tower Bridge, The Shard, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, O2)
  • Dimmed the night textures to better match the default lighting
  • Fixed the height of the BT Tower
  • Added the Dartford Crossing Bridge
  • Added London and Wembley Stadiums
  • HMS Belfast orientated correct way

5 hours ago, Seanmo said:

From the announcement in another forum post:

Landmarks London City Pack

• Reinstated the default POIs (Tower of London, Tower Bridge, The Shard, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, O2)
  • Dimmed the night textures to better match the default lighting
  • Fixed the height of the BT Tower
  • Added the Dartford Crossing Bridge
  • Added London and Wembley Stadiums
  • HMS Belfast orientated correct way

This is an interim update to resolve the major issues. As I read between the lines, Orbx will be working on further updates to London Landmarks to improve the whole package further. 

I installed the London city pack last week. I love it thanks! Looking forward to the improvements.
I accidentally "Deleted" it from the Content Manager and now have no idea how to get it back.

My screen is the same as the gentlemen above "DMullert" and it shows no download size or any other meta data.

Please advise how I get this pack back? If you are going to mention paths can you please use examples of full paths. I know that the drive may change but full paths are useful.

Thanks as I have been pulling my hair out :)

Untitled.jpg

Navigate to the 'Official' folder in your main FS2020 install (this is the 95gb+ folder where all the core assets are stored).  Scroll down to the 'Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack' folder and delete it (if you want to be safe, just rename it initially', then delete it after the replacement version has installed and is working). 

If you go back to the marketplace you should now have the option to reinstall.  

5 hours ago, Yardstick said:

Navigate to the 'Official' folder in your main FS2020 install (this is the 95gb+ folder where all the core assets are stored).  Scroll down to the 'Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack' folder and delete it (if you want to be safe, just rename it initially', then delete it after the replacement version has installed and is working). 

If you go back to the marketplace you should now have the option to reinstall.  

Thanks that worked perfectly. Much appreciated.

The path was ~\MMSFS2020_PACKAGES\Official\OneStore\Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack

3 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Still no sign of the updates on MSStore

Yes still not updated on the Marketplace :-[.  One should purchase ad-dons from the developer directly if at all possible. I made a mistake and got the London Landmarks fro the Marketplace.

4 hours ago, Alexey said:

The structure of Marketplace is terrible. The update takes a long time. Only Central!

What is wrong with it? The idea to have everything in one place and installed is a good thing I think. You can always send them a suggestion though.

The attraction of the Marketplace and Contents Manager to me is that it provides one single place from which to purchase and manage bought content.  Obviously every content vendor want's to have their own platform that they can use to manage the delivery of their products but from a customers perspective that is massively inefficient and with multiple vendors becomes complex for the end user to manage.  I don't want multiple apps running on start-up checking whether content has been updated nor do I want to manually go around checking various manufacturers sites . This is why I went down the in-game route and also bought the sim through Steam. 

Now if MS fail to deliver on their side i.e. keeping content up to date, then that decision is undermined.  I'll give MS the benefit of the doubt at this point and put it down to teething problems.  Valve on the other hand have a proven track record at pushing through game updates / patches through Steam in a timely fashion.   

I flew over London this morning in the sim and it was breath-taking, the Orbx objects elevate the scenery to an impressive level, much nicer IMO than the photogrammetry cities. One thing I noticed was that the Wimbledon Tennis area was all flat ortho with a tiny bit of autogen for the centre court stadium. I'm sure in XP11 with TEGB South we had the whole Wimbledon complex modelled, so I'm wondering if there might be plans to include it in an update. I know it's coming out of London a bit, and you have to draw the line somewhere, but I would class Wimbledon as a London landmark.

I bought and installed the Orbx-Landmarks London City Pack via the MSFS2020-Market (Fig. 1).
Unfortunately, the London scenery is still unchanged (Fig. 2). When I exit and restart the flight simulator,
the content manager looks like this (Fig. 3). The software is in the folder f: \ MSFS2020 \ Official \ OneStore \ Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack
correctly present. Why are the new landmarks not displayed? Installation and flight simulator start is done as administrator.
Deleting the package and reinstalling it will produce the same result.

Bild1.png

Bild2.png

Bild3.png

Hi, I also bought some scenery from MS market. Is there any chance to let Orbx central know that I own also those? I have so far all the sceneries released, but some of them are via central and some others are from Ms market, and it is quite a mess now with upgrades and everything. Thanks!

On 8/31/2020 at 8:34 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are well publicised problems with the Microsoft Marketplace that

will hopefully be resolved with their promised imminent update.

Well, it would seem that the imminent update from Microsoft didn't fix the issue with updating the London City Landmarks for us customers that purchased it from the MarketPlace, 2 weeks on from purchasing the product I still have substandard scenery. I've uninstalled the product and removed all associated files from the install directory and then re downloaded London City Landscape and still have the missing landmarks.

Microsoft blame Orbx and Orbx say its a fault with Microsoft Market Place, can the 2 please give us customers a definitive date on when this will be fixed

Hello,

welcome to the forums.
The Microsoft update did not apparently address the problem or indeed promise to do so, which is, as can be read in many many places,

not a matter of blame, but a simple matter of a product update, passed to Microsoft but not yet made available

to Microsoft customers.

I don't know if your misunderstanding is wilful or accidental but in either case, here is the pinned topic, at the top

of this forum, that directly explains what is going on.

Last week when I originally purchased the London city pack, I was not able to get the content to install via Microsoft Marketplace. Since the Flight Sim 2020 patch on week of 31-August, everything now works as expected!

Make sure to enable to content in Content Manager prior to starting your flight.

It works and looks great!

-Mike

How can the people that purchased on Microsoft marketplace have their products registered on their Original Orbx account. As I purchased from Marketplace before it was said that you can buy from your Orbx account.

Appologies , wanted to put this as a new post but I cant find the remove edit.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.
The Microsoft update did not apparently address the problem or indeed promise to do so, which is, as can be read in many many places,

not a matter of blame, but a simple matter of a product update, passed to Microsoft but not yet made available

to Microsoft customers.

I don't know if your misunderstanding is wilful or accidental but in either case, here is the pinned topic, at the top

of this forum, that directly explains what is going on.

Hi Nick.

I'm not sure i'm misunderstanding anything, London City Landmarks installed perfectly on release day and looks absolutely amazing other than the missing features that have since been swiftly addressed and made available via an update, unfortunately as yet that update is still not available through the Market Place and there is still no confirmation when it will be.    

Archived