Orbx London City Landmarks in MSFS 2020

Hey Nick.  I just deleted my current Orbx London Landmarks version (the initial V1.0.0) and re-installed directly from the marketplace and still, the original version installs.  No version 1.01 or 1.02 is downloaded for that matter.  Is there maybe a particular delete/re-install procedure to follow?  Same issue is happening with my KDEN scenery, although in the case of KDEN, it did update to V1.01 without problems but not yet V1.02, which has been out for some time. (I know......KDEN is not your product).

Thanks

47 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

apparently, it is available now.

I believe that you would need to remove your current version and install it again from the Marketplace.

Cheers Nick, I did this yesterday but i'll remove again now and see how it gets on.

I also see version 1.0.0 for London Landmarks in My Content Manager.

Have requested a refund from Microsoft and will purchase directly from Orbx Central.

It is a shame that so many people are buying and using the out-of-date version from Marketplace and not seeing the updated version which has many fixes.

50 minutes ago, aldavcar said:

I also see version 1.0.0 for London Landmarks in My Content Manager.

Have requested a refund from Microsoft and will purchase directly from Orbx Central.

It is a shame that so many people are buying and using the out-of-date version from Marketplace and not seeing the updated version which has many fixes.

Let us know how you get on with the refund, i have Orbx central for xplane scenery and will take this route in future  

1 hour ago, Aeroflux said:

Confirm update available at Marketplace by un-install and re-install....

No, I was mistaken, same v 1.00 version present.  Will ask for a refund.

I can confirm that the update IS NOT available in the marketplace by uninstalling and re-installing.

Unfortunately I did not get a refund from Microsoft.  Not really surprised.  I think I will stick to freeware for now which has been a far easier way to mange FS2020 DLC by copying and pasting content directly into the community folder from a downloaded file.  Hopefully Microsoft and Orbx will eventually resolve this issue with out-of-date versions but this experience has put me off from purchasing anymore FS2020 DLC.

It's sad MS is silent about the problem and the rating for the addon drops and will probably affect future purchases. I'm not going bother with a refund although I should. There isn't even a indication of when and how frequently updates and new addons are arriving in the store if things do work.

Pulled the trigger and repurchased, now all good. Glad I found this out after only purchasing London Landmarks. All further purchases I'll go through Orbx Direct. The only thing I've noted is having to wait a few seconds after loading with EGLC and Landmarks installed to prevent stutter. London looks fabulous now. Would like to see the remaining football stadiums and Lord's Cricket Ground added, along with gas holders, and small boats/piers if possible to mask the Atlantis effect on the river. Greatly increased my pleasure flying around London. Love it. 

Just to follow on from BFBully, its now Saturday, I have my MS Patch installed now, yet the Landmarks London City pack is still Version 1 and up to date.  I bought and installed via the App.  It is showing no version history which ties with the version 1.0.0.

Regards,

Steve.

Archived