MSFS is missing and not recognized by Orbx Central

Georgios

Hello, i have the same problem. Bought Orbx products dircet from your store. Yesterday i could install the addon products for MSFS.

Today i can not select MSFS in Orbx central. Version 4.1.22 is installed.

Beset regards

Marcel

Same issue here. This is just not good enough. Flaky App at best Yes I  have Version 4.1.22 is installed and yes the sim has been run a lot more than once!  I bought London CCity and London Landmarks but after Central installed them they do not show up as installed in the marketplace apps in the sim??????  London Landmarks are terrible - like going back to having MSFS 2002  .............  Does no one soak test anything anymore?

Hello,

thank you for your input.

The advice that the customer used was provided long ago by Orbx

staff and the customer has simply applied it.

Your other complaints have already been addressed many times over.

The failure to display Orbx products installed with Orbx Central in the Content Manager is in the hands of Asobo.

The "London Landmarks issue" is also resolved by the update released four days ago.

Do you have a customer support request?

You have the advantage of hindsight Nick, whereas I have the disadvantage of feeling extremely unhappy and unsatiated with the eternal faffing about all we simmers seem to HAVE TO DO in order to get stuff to work. Watching a myriad of "Forums" and threads just to glean that little bit of info or tip that will solve our issues. We spend more time doing this with all you 3rd party vendors than actually flying in the Sim because it's fine one day then the next day the goal posts have changed position. Mostly because the mighty Dollar rules and stuff is pushed out as a revenue stream too early.  

Taking a mildly condescending tone with a long standing customer who HAS spent a fortune on Orbx Products just stirs the silt up even more and rubs us up the wrong way!  Yes I can understand your losing patience having to answer tha same questions all the time but ask yourself Why you are in that position in the first place. 

9 minutes ago, Grant Humphrey said:

This issue is NOT RESOLVED 

It was resolved in answer to the originators post that you added to. 

You are in a very large minority who seem to be having an issue with Orbx Central not spotting your MSFS installation and Nick is trying to assist by offering tried and tested resolutions to the very few who have had a similar issue. The non recognition of a sim by Orbx Central is not always caused by the same problem. The originator resolved his issue by utilising one of the rectifying measures.

I assume Orbx Central wasn't "flaky" when you installed all you previous addons from Orbx.

You have not stated which version, Steam or digital or DVD of MSFS you have, nor where it is installed onto which drive like C drive, nor if the addons are in your Community folder. These are important details to try and ascertain why Orbx central is not recognising your MSFS installation.

I am also facing similar problems with Orbx Central. It worked fine with v4.1.21. I have run it today and OC updated itself to v4.1.23. It is now not able to see MSFS. When I try scan or fix .. there is no MSFS option. 

I am keen to get this sorted so that I can purchase the London landmarks and EGLC products.

I have tried uninstalling OC, clearing the two appdate folders, installing OC frrom "Get Central" from the Orbx website. But still no joy. Is there a way to stop OC trying to update itself? I'd like to keep it at v4.1.21 as that was working for me, and I cannot get v1.2.22 as it jumps to .23.

FYI - I have installed MSFS in the default location (purchased from MS Store), so it is lurking in C: app data folders. I only have XP11 installed on this rig. OC can see XP11, but not MSFS.

Any ideas please?

On 8/31/2020 at 8:45 PM, Smudger said:

Have you tried rebooting your PC since the Central update ?

No ... but I am going to try it again tomorrow. I’ll also check out the other thread that @gmazzei has created recently to see if there are any new ideas.

failing that, can someone at Orbx provide a link to v.21 as that was working fine for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I would like to add that another customer has managed to resolve the same problem by uninstalling Orbx Central

and then deleting its folders in the appdata folder and installing it again.

@Kilo60 Have you also tried the method described above by @Nick Cooper

Also please note that this topic was marked as Resolved because the original poster resolved his issue. If you tag on to the end of a Resolved topic your post may well not be read by the support team. Best to start your own topic having read all the possible solutions offered so the support team can look into it for you. Not all similar issues are a result of the same cause so each needs to be looked at in context.

Hello,

Hello,

Orbx Central looks for:

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/UserCfg.opt or

%APPDATA%/Microsoft Flight Simulator/UserCfg.opt - Specific to Steam

and then for the location of the simulator folder on your PC contained in that file.

Please make sure you have that file and that it contains the correct location.

If the file is missing, do you log on to your PC as an administrator?

i am having the  issue , i have reinstalled msfs2020 and when i come to install orbxs it installs them into msfs 2020 but in content manager asking to buy again also the airport does not load in the sim ?  ive redownloaded central and deleted APPDATA ? 

Hello,

have you checked the files?

Orbx Central looks for:

%LOCALAPPDATA%/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/UserCfg.opt or

%APPDATA%/Microsoft Flight Simulator/UserCfg.opt - Specific to Steam

and then for the location of the simulator folder on your PC contained in that file.

Please make sure you have that file and that it contains the correct location.

Orbx central only recognizes P3D.

I renamed my P3d folder to .x and started Orbx central.

Asking to rescan my computer to detect simulator.

Nothing to search.

pressing Fix issues to select simulator.

Unfortunately in the list there is no MSFS2020 to select.

Another reason to report that Orbx central can not detect Msfs2020

Please ADVISE

Archived