Orbx TruEarth vs Real World 4K - Side-By-Sise Comparison AMAZING!

SOG Pilot

Today's flight takes us from KTIW through a canyon to Ranger Creek (21W) in our Piper Cherokee.

Ranger Creek is the highest airport in Washington State.  I flew the exact same course, altitude, and airspeed in the simulator Piper Cherokee using Orbx TruEarth Washington HD and then flew it in a real-world Piper Cherokee.

The simulator flight proved invaluable for flight planning purposes, especially when navigating through this narrow canyon with terrain towering above the airplane on either side.

The video ends with a landing and takeoff at Ranger Creek, runway 33. Winds at the time were gusting 20 knots. 

The videos are uniquely stitched together to show the amazing graphic quality of TruEarth HD. 

Grab yourself Chaseplane or Ezydock to give your sim videos some of the same feeling that you see in the real world footage i.e. the shaking of the view due to air currents and turbulence.  And of course TrackIR if you don't have it...

8 hours ago, John Dow said:

Grab yourself Chaseplane or Ezydock to give your sim videos some of the same feeling that you see in the real world footage i.e. the shaking of the view due to air currents and turbulence.  And of course TrackIR if you don't have it...

Thank you. I do use track IR, be ut of course the center nullzone creates the impression of a still image. Have to keep it set there for interaction with the instrument panel.

i will look into the add-ons you mentioned. Also, next time I will probably add some mild turbulence to  user controlled weather.

Archived