Sacramento by request

Just now, carlosqr said:

Thank you very much Jack

The area looks very nice indeed

There's lots of orange in the USA True Earth

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos.  So far this is the only area I found with the orange, I wonder if this is the soil in reality.

Good captures Jack.  I've been saying though for awhile, that I'd love to have the buildings and the POI's, but the imagery just doesn't do it for me in these TE products unfortunately.

As TE is a snapshot of the summer season.  Here are a few real world's from the Sacramento area:

MCC:

VZBVjgN.jpg

MHR:

be5atuQ.jpg

And in the Winter...SMF:

Wf7VZ4E.jpg

Nick

1 minute ago, medx421 said:

Good captures Jack.  I've been saying though for awhile, that I'd love to have the buildings and the POI's, but the imagery just doesn't do it for me in these TE products unfortunately.

As TE is a snapshot of the summer season.  Here are a few real world's from the Sacramento area:

Hi Nick, I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder?  I realize no sim is perfect or will ever be.  XP has the best photoreal images in my opinion but I like like P3D better.  I'm just glad we have so many worthy sims now.  Did you take these photos?  They're quite good.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Did you take these photos?  They're quite good.

Yeah, just a few phone camera shots flying around the area.  It's more of a yellowish brown here in the summer, well minus all the black spots from brush fires.  I know we'll never perfectly capture the essence with sims, and we have good choices out there.  I really wanted to love the TE series, I really did.  I just couldn't palate it though sadly.  And, please nothing against your wonderful captures.  I appreciate this and all of your posts.

1 minute ago, medx421 said:

Yeah, just a few phone camera shots flying around the area.  It's more of a yellowish brown here in the summer, well minus all the black spots from brush fires.  I know we'll never perfectly capture the essence with sims, and we have good choices out there.  I really wanted to love the TE series, I really did.  I just couldn't palate it though sadly.  And, please nothing against your wonderful captures.  I appreciate this and all of your posts.

Thanks Nick.  Not a problem, I can understand.

I was trying to see if I had that same downtown angle you had, but I don't.  Probably because that area put's me in some pretty busy airspace, so usually I'm ducked below the Class C there.  Here is one angle I have of downtown Sacramento.

4newoEn.jpg

36 minutes ago, medx421 said:

I was trying to see if I had that same downtown angle you had, but I don't.  Probably because that area put's me in some pretty busy airspace, so usually I'm ducked below the Class C there.  Here is one angle I have of downtown Sacramento.

4newoEn.jpg

Must be a nice place to live, I like all the trees.

4 hours ago, medx421 said:

Here are a few real world's from the Sacramento area:

Thanks Nick for the real shots

Looks more brownish

Maybe reducing the saturation or using some Adam Banks or Adambar's  tweaks we can achieve it :)

Cheers

Carlos

Archived