Where did Portland go?

Hi

Can you please let me know how what happened to Portland city?

I'm trying TE USA for the first time and this is no good

Expectation

Lmn5DUI.jpg

4fDfuuD.jpg

Reality

oj30wYy.jpg

yp3IcyY.jpg

Google

ypc8Y1h.jpg

There are many areas where there are no trees too

There is indeed an autogen issue which I hope has not spoiled other areas. About to test

Please advise

Regards,

Carlos

Hi

Well before trying anything else I tried first an uninstall and reinstall of the Orbx libraires and Object flow

To my surprise these two messages pop up

Cbf5op4.jpg

Why the immersion packages?

And the most important one the Auto Configurator merger... I hope this fixes the missing of buildings and trees in some areas

Additonal message

u2J2C9z.jpg

Will report this in Parallel 42

I'll revert with results

Cheers

Carlos

Well the reinstall of the libraries and Object flow did nothing

I miss tons of autogen

Jggwjjo.jpg

The city is not here

xxNJNQZ.jpg

And I have a lot of black items near KPDX

MLJqLOb.jpg

Could they have made it incompatible with Flightbeam despite FB does consider Orbx, and that has been released long before?

I'll disable FB this time and will test

Cheers

Carlos

I went to other airports where I usually verify autogen and trees when there is this kind of problem and all is there phew, fortunately

So this is definitely something related to TE or TE Oregon as I've seen people having this issue in others areas (having other USA TE products)

Cheers

Carlos

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Is there a specific TE Oregon (or TE USA) Object Library that needs to be installed? TE Great Britain has a separate Object Library, and lots of custom buildings and landmarks would not be visible if this was not installed.

I also thought that and was going to ask,  so thank you for pointing that out

I hope we get a reply soon

I'll check my Central again to verify if something else shows

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Nick

I searched in the whole H drive (where I have the Orbx library and P3D) and no results

nSUsfhz.jpg

I searched in the P3D add-ons folder in Documents folder and there is nothing there either

I searched in the whole C drive of the computer but nothing was found either

ul449Dc.jpg

:(

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Carlos,

just to be quite sure, can you make a search everywhere for TE_US_Lib_autogen-ag.BGL please?

Yes I'm scanning in whole drive C and whole drive H

Just finished

No items found in either

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, please leave it with me for a while.

Not sure if it could be important but when downloading it suck for a while, saying connection got lost then continued

When verifying the files it flashed a second like when not responding then continued

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Hope you are soon up and running with Oregon.

You mentioned using FB KPDX with this scenery. I found that if you disable the file kpdx_ortho_1m.bgl in the Flightbeam scenery they seem to blend together reasonably well. You retain the detail 30cm photoscenery from Flightbeam in the immediate vicinity of the airport then rely on TE Oregon to give you the wider area covered by kpdx_ortho_1m.bgl.

All the best,

John

34 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Carlos,

Hope you are soon up and running with Oregon.

You mentioned using FB KPDX with this scenery. I found that if you disable the file kpdx_ortho_1m.bgl in the Flightbeam scenery they seem to blend together reasonably well. You retain the detail 30cm photoscenery from Flightbeam in the immediate vicinity of the airport then rely on TE Oregon to give you the wider area covered by kpdx_ortho_1m.bgl.

All the best,

John

Hi John

Thanks for the tip

Does  this improve the autogen in KPDX area?... as @Dave H above is suffering this. Maybe it solves his issue

Thank you very much for your input, I'll test once Nick's provide a solution for the rest (I'm on a fight in Idaho at this moment) :)

Cheers and thanks again

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

It may improve things but there are still obvious areas of missing autogen to the South of the airport.

I suspect that copying some of the TEUS autogen files into the KPDX folder may be a way to mininise this. I'll try and figure out which ones to copy and will be back in touch.

All the best,

John

I actually just Installed Oregon into P3dv4.5 and the "TE_US_Lib_autogen-ag.BGL" is there for me.

Haven't actually checked out the scenery yet.....was running it in P3Dv5 and all was fine.

Will report back after I go for a spin in P3DV4.5

35 minutes ago, Speedbird85 said:

I actually just Installed Oregon into P3dv4.5 and the "TE_US_Lib_autogen-ag.BGL" is there for me.

Haven't actually checked out the scenery yet.....was running it in P3Dv5 and all was fine.

Will report back after I go for a spin in P3DV4.5

Hi Speedbird85

Thanks for the info

Did you have any other USA True Earth before Oregon?

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I actually have all the USA True Earth for P3D and XP11. Also all the TE areas for the UK.

I'm a big photo scenery nut. The only bad thing is lack of autogen in most areas , TE has fixed that . Oh yes......HDD space is a killer with all this TE and other photo scenery....lol lol

Did a quick flight around KPDX in P3DV4.5 and don't have any issues with the autogen.

Chris

I highly recommend Washington and Northern California. Haven't had any issues with addon airports like KSEA or KSFO.

The landclass regions were great but TE really makes a whole new world.

Now if there was only a TE version for my home town ( Western Canada too) all would be perfect. I guess Canada charges too much for the Ortho so its not in the cards right now.

4 hours ago, Speedbird85 said:

Hi Carlos,

I actually have all the USA True Earth for P3D and XP11. Also all the TE areas for the UK.

I'm a big photo scenery nut. The only bad thing is lack of autogen in most areas , TE has fixed that . Oh yes......HDD space is a killer with all this TE and other photo scenery....lol lol

Did a quick flight around KPDX in P3DV4.5 and don't have any issues with the autogen.

Chris

Hi Chris

Good to know you have them all (in case I'd like to do some questions ja ja)

Could be that, that bgls installs with WA? as it is the first one...

Thanks

Carlos

4 hours ago, Speedbird85 said:

I highly recommend Washington and Northern California. Haven't had any issues with addon airports like KSEA or KSFO.

The landclass regions were great but TE really makes a whole new world.

Thanks for the info

I'm fan of land class and wanted to test TE for the USA as some pictures seen look amazing and definitely there is no point of comparison, though I yet feel hesitant on WA and NCA,

I do think TE fits better the USA than UK

Cheers

Carlos

I actually just posted a reply in the P3Dv5 section.....looks like that missing folder could have been installed with my Washington download.

Hopefully they get that sorted out for Oregon and then you can check it out properly with the full autogen.

If you like what you see in Oregon I would definitely give Washington a try next. I run Washington with the DD Seattle airports and it looks stunning around that area.

Also since I live in Vancouver the area around Mount Baker and the Cascades is excellent. I leave PNW enabled because that covers the Canadian side of the boarder

Just now, Speedbird85 said:

I actually just posted a reply in the P3Dv5 section.....looks like that missing folder could have been installed with my Washington download.

Hopefully they get that sorted out for Oregon and then you can check it out properly with the full autogen.

If you like what you see in Oregon I would definitely give Washington a try next. I run Washington with the DD Seattle airports and it looks stunning around that area.

Also since I live in Vancouver the area around Mount Baker and the cascades is excellent. I leave PNW enabled because that covers the Canadian side of the boarder

Yeah, it is logically as it was the first one to be released then the others products use it

They might have forgotten to create a sort of verification / check through the install for this folder so in case it is missing it down loads it

I'm sure they'll fix it soon once this has been identifies

Thanks!

On 7/2/2020 at 3:59 AM, Dave H said:

same issue here except the only missing autogen that I've noticed is around KPDX

Hi Dave and Carlos,

I've been looking into the compatibility issues between Flightbeam KPDX and TEUS Oregon and think I've found a way of getting them to work well together without the missing autogen that Dave mentioned. This is in P3D 4.5 but I'm guessing it'll work in v5 as well.

I thought it easiest just to form a topic in the compatibility forum 

It's a bit of effort but they do seem to work really well together.

KPDX.thumb.jpg.443a75f51c8ad9c9ddb3bc08cc70f365.jpg

All the best,

John

Hello,

if you don't have the US Libraries, please look for Orbx\User Documents\Versions\FTX_NA_US_Libraries.txt

or for the same file inside your Orbx Central Library and rename it to FTX_NA_US_Libraries.txX.

Run verify files for Oregon and the library should then be downloaded.

Hi Carlos!

I remember you wrote somewhere that you didn't own any of the TE products yet and Oregon would be your first try.

It's indeed related to a bug in the Orbx Central installer concerning the TE Oregon installation! The dependency (TE US Library) didn't get installed for the initial TE Oregon customers that didn't have one of the two previous TE US regions installed (NoCal or Washington). Which of course should not be a requirement!

This should be fixed now! Just run a "verify files" for Oregon in Orbx Central and the Libarys should get installed! Sorry about that!

Bests,

Sascha

2 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi Dave and Carlos,

I've been looking into the compatibility issues between Flightbeam KPDX and TEUS Oregon and think I've found a way of getting them to work well together without the missing autogen that Dave mentioned. This is in P3D 4.5 but I'm guessing it'll work in v5 as well.

I thought it easiest just to form a topic in the compatibility forum 

It's a bit of effort but they do seem to work really well together.

KPDX.thumb.jpg.443a75f51c8ad9c9ddb3bc08cc70f365.jpg

All the best,

John

John, thanks so much!  I really appreciate the work you did to figure it out and let us know...worked like a charm.

Archived