61b Boulder City Scenery - Lack of autogen at the border to las vegas

Hello, I use prepar 4.5 last version. With al Orbx modules on or off I dont get rid of this lack of autogen if 61 Boulder City is on. I found out, the boulder city scenery file "boulder_100cm_N.bgl" causes the problem. The picture below shows the problem- boulder city is above, las vegas below, it is located on the north-west border of the scenery to the las vegas city region. Fly Tampa Las vegas is not the problem. I use no other sceneries in this area. As I said I tried evertything with scneries/modules (incl. vector) on/off with no succes. kind regards Thomas1860402118_LasVegasbergangzu61B_Vegasupinscenerycfg.thumb.jpg.b5a8dde29c484bcf93f1ae6b3a16daca.jpg

Edited by anatolski

Hello Ken,

thank you for your answer! In looking for a solution I uninstalled a Fly Tampa Las Vegas version from 12/2019 (because of a mesh problem with 61B), but regardless dont get rid of the lack of outogen described above. Than I tried out to set offline step by step in scenery library as well al non Orbx add-ons (in this area I have only Fly Tampa las vegas ) as the Orbx modules OCL SCA Vector with no effect. Only if I set 61 B offline I get back the autogen in this area. Perhaps the high resolution ground textures of 61 B conflicts in this area/excludes the autogen partly? Perhaps as a first step anybody (with prepar 4.5) can verify this lack as given or not.

regards, Thomas 

Edited by anatolski

Hi Thomas,

I can confirm that I am seeing the same as you in P3Dv4.5.

There's no problem using Fly Tampa Las Vegas with Boulder City provided the Fly Tampa scenery has a higher priority in the scenery library. If it does not I find I get a cliff effect running straight across the Fly Tampa scenery.

All the best,

John

Hi Ken,

in the german forum the described lack of autogen is confirmed too, regardless with or without FlyTampa Las Vegas. It seems the Problem is caused by 61B.

Hope of the feedback with a solution of the developers.

regards

Thomas

Edited by anatolski

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, any news concerning a solution of the problem with this product?

The product was described as fully compatible to NA SC and global but it seems it is not! To clarify: The lack exists without any las vegas scenery or airport installed, only if 61 b is installed!

regards, Thomas

Edited by anatolski

Hi Anatolski,

I remember reading about an issue in P3D that prevents sections of autogen displaying, perhaps this is related to your issue?

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/scenproc-extremey-dense-house-problem.435349/

Try adding these lines to your P3D .cfg file under the section [TERRAIN] and give some feedback

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=6000
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_PER_CELL=6000

Edited by Quantum Amiga

Hi QA,

thank you for your answer. I tried out with your terrain section with no effect on this corner, as before no autogen!

Hi Ikbenik,

thank you. I have posted under your topic. perhaps you can give the answer under this topic too.

regards, Thomas

Edited by anatolski

Hello Thomas,

Since I deselected the Rikooo scenery of LAs Vegas Area I have no issues anymore regarding missing or faulty autogen in the regio.

In follow first shot overlooks the whole Boulder City area and all scenery-autogen is visibly present. 2nd shot is good to evaluate the good representation

of the Orbx-scenery. If you don't see simular detail, then you are confronted with other issue(s) not related to Orbx addon's.

Boulder-City-Area-Embraer-Phenom300.jpg

Hoover-Dam-Nth-of-Boulder-City-Area-Embr  

I reported this issue when it first came.. It really looks bad. They said they would look into it. I don't know how this could have been missed. I still love the airport but its hard to avoid this area going to Boulder city from Vegas without going thru the area that is just a photoreal neighborhood with no autogen right next to neighborhoods that do. If you disable the 100cm photoreal it goes away but then you lose the nice mountains. It should really be a easy fix.

Edited by FreeBird

Hi Ikbenik,

thanks for your shots, but I cannot identify that your photos shows the corner from we are talking about. It is not the boulder city area, it is the outer las vegas region/border to 61 region. We do not talk about a lack of autogen within b61, we suppose that as freebird and others identify, that the 100 cm photoreal textures from 61b suppress the autogen at this corner at the border to the las vegas region. As identified from others as well as from my side, the supression occures only if 61b is on and no other sceneries ar on. Perhaps you can post a new photo similiar to the position I posted.

Hi Freebird and Ikbenik,

Ken answered to me as well and I understand him not in that way, that this is a consequence only of an individual configuration/ for example a non- Orbx addon. That Ken will care about it, is very good, that Orbx sell this product as finished and compatible is so say it friendly a bit  ? to me.

Kind regards Thomas

Hello to All,

I must admit that indeed the scenery between Boulder City and Las Vegas isn't what it should be. In follow shots my remarks:

No autogen at the right of my wing and simular to the shot of the initating posting:

From-61-B-to-Las-Vegas-1.jpg

Ugly looking autogen cut by highways and roads on a unnatural looking way and square formed group(s) of autogen here to see bottom-mid:

From-61-B-to-Las-Vegas-2.jpg

I don't know if you have it simular or only in my case: square groundlayout of the Las Vegas strip area is in lighter color than the adjacent scenery:

From-61-B-to-Las-Vegas-3.jpg

As I read that Ken is aware of the issue and will look into it for a possible patch or upgrade, I thrust that we will have in the (hopely near)future an

enhanced scenery view of concerned area, thank you.

Hi al

thank you Ikbenik (IchbinIch;) for you answer and further shots which underline the necessity of an update.

We al hope for the necessary update in the near future because the high standard of Orbx products we are used to it is why we choose Orbx!

cheers, Thomas

• 2 months later...

Hi,

now we are 4 month older but nothing has changed ...;)

Concerning the described problem...No update, no fix, no solution from the devs in sight? Would be great to hear about a solution in sight

kind regards, Thomas 

Edited by anatolski

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

I m becomming an old man and nothing changes! I dont need MSFS but I regret very much that Orbx has sold some sceneries like this one without properly checking them before. As a customer who has been loyal to Orbx since the beginning, that's a sign of poverty, let customers ask and beg and ask and ask! I wrote to two devs. Since one year and a half no reaktion no solution! Yes I know that is a forum and not the wailling wall but I am disappointed that no one of Orbx feel responsibel!

Thomas